What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the best way to treat multiple sclerosis with cannabis?

T

Timm

I'm looking for suggestions on strains, methods of consumption and basically anyone that wants to add their 2p:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a friend with secondary progressive MS. She crumbles our buds in coffee maker as it drips, or infused teas, uses a tincture from buds/leaf (glycerin). She finds that better than edibles which she says resembles a hangover effect.

R

Robrites

I have a friend with secondary progressive MS. She crumbles our buds in coffee maker as it drips, or infused teas, uses a tincture from buds/leaf (glycerin). She finds that better than edibles which she says resembles a hangover effect.
A friend told me about the coffee maker method... I tried it for the first time yesterday and must say it works well.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I currently have 2 MS patients I'm a caregiver for. Both use edibles. Per 1 stick butter or 1/3rd cup oil, .75g cbd wax and 1.0g thc wax (non cbd strains mixed). Both use the same tek. BOTH have dropped 5 prescription drugs from their daily routine. BOTH are able to sleep fully at night +8hrs, BOTH are able to do daily tasks with ease compared to before. BOTH make mini muffins, and eat 3 mini muffins daily.

T

Timm

I made infused coconut oil already with a sativa but it doesn't seem to be having the desired effect I think I need to try an indica and throw some cbd in there too

Home-Grown

Am I right in understanding the heads are put in the little cone shape paper filter, and hot water just pours over them each time she makes a coffee.

This seems like a slow process with low dosage.
I want to make sure I have it right before trying.

Thanks

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Am I right in understanding the heads are put in the little cone shape paper filter, and hot water just pours over them each time she makes a coffee.

This seems like a slow process with low dosage.
I want to make sure I have it right before trying.

Thanks

Try it....yes, crumble up a bud, put in filter w/ coffee...let her rip, I mean, drip.

Home-Grown

Try it....yes, crumble up a bud, put in filter w/ coffee...let her rip, I mean, drip.

I like the idea of killing 2 birds with one stone.

Thinking about how we could achieve more efficient and stronger infused dose through The Milks butter/fat content.
Have not used a coffee machine; it’s on the list now!

Any ideas around stronger fresh infusion.

Home-Grown

As we know, THC is fat soluble, no doubt not just THC.
I make some pretty mean Anzacs Biscuits just by following the recipe and using butter from the top of simmering grass 4-6 hrs in water & cooling.

If you take 1 with meals and coffee breaks, it gets more and more intense, even eating something without the Butter Biscuits starts the digestion to release more. Something between a hangover, exhaustion and numb high all at the same time.

The infusion in water would not have the same issue, so you’re not couch locked when things need doing.
For those who need a stronger longer lasting effect, let me know what you do?

Gry

I go with frozen quickwash and a citric acid extraction. There is a user by the name of badkittysmiles who explained how it is done. It is simple, and easy, done at room temperatures with no smell and one is left with a very nice 'base', which can be easily added to anything. best wishes for positive results.

Here is a link on the process.

http://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stains for MS

Stains for MS

I'm looking for suggestions on strains, methods of consumption and basically anyone that wants to add their 2p:tiphat:

Hi Tim,
Check out the Chronic Pain Club here on IC, there is a list of strains personally recommended by a fellow MS sufferer and I hope it is of some use to you.

May I also take this opportunity to invite you to the club, your contributions (especially in regards to your hunt for meds) would be much appreciated. The link is at the bottom of my post.

Peace and happy growing!

Iffy :tiphat:

Home-Grown

I go with frozen quickwash and a citric acid extraction. There is a user by the name of badkittysmiles who explained how it is done. It is simple, and easy, done at room temperatures with no smell and one is left with a very nice 'base', which can be easily added to anything. best wishes for positive results.

Here is a link on the process.

https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction

I have saved the page as PDF, sounds really good.
I use cold filter with Haze for a very nice paste :)

Ermannothc

I have recently accomplished 26 years old, and I did not think that at this age I will begin to experience severe memory-related problems. At first, I did not attach much importance to this, but as my condition continued to worsen, I became really concerned about it all. I went to my doctor, and I was prescribed Tecfidera and Ocrevus (those are the pills that deal with sclerosis) ultimately. There was no effect whatsoever, to say the least. I think that ya'll have gotten by now that I tried treating this disease with medical CBD, which in its turn brought only positive results. I'd say, when in doubt - read and think for yourself.
Here's some food for thought, lads and lasses:
https://tonusjournal.com/brain-health/marijuana-nootropics-effective-brain-booster/

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brother has early onset MS. He has very little to no symptoms. Praying for him. God is with us!

What is the dosage needed for early onset multiple sclerosis? High dosage or low/med dosage? Should the patient maintain the effect, or is a couple times a day enough to have a benefit?

Just got him some fresh medicine this afternoon! :smoke:

Thanks!

-Pipeline

picture.php

St. Phatty

I currently have 2 MS patients I'm a caregiver for. Both use edibles. Per 1 stick butter or 1/3rd cup oil, .75g cbd wax and 1.0g thc wax (non cbd strains mixed). Both use the same tek. BOTH have dropped 5 prescription drugs from their daily routine. BOTH are able to sleep fully at night +8hrs, BOTH are able to do daily tasks with ease compared to before. BOTH make mini muffins, and eat 3 mini muffins daily.

How much high CBD bud, with THC, would I need to make something similar ?

Sounds like a real effective medicine.