What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AIR CONDITIONERS

cowdog

I have a small 2 600W personal grow and it gets too hot in the summer. Its in the old pantry so it's like a 6×6 area and I have a customized door so the vents run in and out through the top and the door itself opens below the vents I could add a vent where the A/C goes in to cool the room while at the same time keeping the unit itself out of the room so there's no heat from the unit going into the room. I was thinking about 9000 BTUs, any suggestions on what kind or any comments on BTUs needed? I've heard the issue with these portable units is the heat they produce themselves and the exhaust smelling like the dank. I figure keeping the unit outside the room solves both these issues.

queequeg152

Veteran
just rough in a window unit imo. the waste heat will be rejected to your living space, but you need such a small unit, opening an adjacent window will suffice as far as appreciable heating.

the smallest window units ive ever seen are like 9kbtuh. this is roughly double what you should need. so id suggest you take measures to insure its not short cycling.

portable units almost universally blow dicks.

Latest posts

Latest posts