What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Female plants that wont produce feminized pollen.

Hello,

So I'm attempting to cross two female StarRyder plants. I made my solution of silver thiosulfate and sprayed the selected female. She has grown TONS of bananas! There are hundreds of feminized pollen sacks, but they are NOT producing pollen. They are empty.
They are just falling off without letting off pollen.
What have I done wrong? I would greatly appreciate some help here. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance
Respectfully,
Thefusedone

Attachments

• 20200718_015446.jpg
    20200718_015446.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 20

roach

Veteran
I have a WhiteFire clone that is the same, tried every variance of STS and CS, but no pollen.
Finaly just decided to use some regular pollen on her

djonkoman

Veteran
I'd try doing it withsome different dosages.

it could very well be some strains won't properly reverse at all, but personally I've not encountered those yet(but I also have not tried reversing that many different unrelated ones, so my experience is just limited).
however my first try reversing I ran into the same problem, in my case I found that a lower concentration of STS+fewer aplications had a better effect. clone from exactly the same plant that failed at first now produced plenty of visible pollen, with flowers that opened on their own just like they should, instead of falling off the plant unopened.

so if I were you I'd mess around with that dose a bit to see if you can get your plant to behave better.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You might explain "what you did" to offer a better perspective on the problem (if any) and possible solution(s)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Generally it's because of too much STS, but if you desiccate them completely and grind them gently through a screen you'll usually get viable pollen.

Check out the thread in my sig. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts