What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual Growing in the Time of Coronavirus (2x4 w/ mars hydro QBs)

Hell Yeah

Hey folks,

I was about 90% in to setting up a coco grow when this virus hit and all the hydro stores closed. I tried to get coco off amazon but they said it would be a month until it shipped, so I just decided to do the best I could with what I could find locally.

First lets talk about the setup:
Veg: Currently vegging with 1 Mars Hydro ts600 (100w real) in the 2x4 tent, but i picked up an extra ts600 and a 2x2 tent for a veg tent, because this is a perpetual setup.

Flowering:
Seedlings are currently in the 2x4 with 1 Mars Hydro ts600. Initially i was going to do 2x ts600 in the 2x4 tent, but decided to get another one and bump it to 3x ts600. So in the flower tent we are looking at 300w of Mars Hydro quantum boards.

Plant are going to be in 3 gallon pots. The only soil i could find that was marketed for growing cannabis was at home depot, it's this stuff:

I know it's a monsanto product or whatever, normally i wouldn't utilize a product like this but on short notice and with limited information this was what i was able to get.

I was also able to score some general hydroponics dry nutrients off amazon which I will probably have to use since the pot volume is so low.

Strains:
In this grow I have a dinamed cbd+ which is a cbd strain, a random God's Gift (GDPxOG) from a friend of mine, i don't know who the breeder was. I also put in 4x Swamp Boys Cuban Linx. My goal with the Cuban Linx is to find something without a bunch of fruit flavors that's kind of skunky and musky, although i doubt it's rks.

The grow so far:
Very simply i took all my seeds and soaked them in water for 24 hrs, then put them in damp paper towels and then inside a ziploc bag. I let that go for about 2 days until 1 cm roots popped out, then i just put them in cups of soil. 6/6 just broke ground yesterday and look like little tiny seedlings.

Please god give me the strength to grow this shit right

Akss

Nice... I use the black magic coco blend from the depot. Mainly just for solo cups. They also have a potting mix peat perlite. Never seen the potting soil whats it got in it?

G

Fuck mars. fuck anything made in china. going fwd most of us will be buying non chinese made shit. It may take a few years but FUCK CHINA.

Hell Yeah

Week 2 Veg
Week 1 was rather uneventful except that my cups were a little dry one day and i think i had my light just a hair too close for a day.

environment has been pretty stable, I'm only running 1x100 watt led panels right now though.

I've gotta say for growing with basically miracle grow and tap water, these seedlings look alright!

The cbd one looks a little weak. It's a fem seed so I'm def gonna flower it out. If i remember correctly the last time I grew one of these out it was a pretty small plant.

Just chuggin along at this point.

starke

Looking good so far. I have grown with different Miracle Gro products over the years, tomatoes and our beloved plant. In spite of all the shit that gets talked about Miracle Gro, Monsanto etc, you can still grow some fine weed with their products.

Hell Yeah

Week 3 Veg

Still looking pretty good. I backed the light off a little because i felt it was a bit too close and the leaves were looking a little droopy. Seemed to fix it right up.

starke: yeah that's what i suspected, although i hate to support a company i disagree with in terms of bioethics.

Pennello5

Hi Hell Yeah!,

Nice setup! Just ordered a 2x4 tent and wondering how many plants am I going to grow in there mmh, I'll follow you if you dont mind!

se ya soon!

Hell Yeah

Hey pennello. I've been taking a few weeks off this grow log because everything's boring right now, I've just got six plants vegging. I had a little heat problem and let the plants get too dry at one point, and lost a few bottom leaves, but everything's pretty green and happy right now. Was thinking i would come back and start updating when preflowers show up.

My plan is to grow 4 plants at a time in the 2x4, but you could grow more or less. Any number of plants can form a 2x4 canopy which is really the limiting factor of any grow. So basically ask yourself how many different cuts would you like to grow at once? I like a little variety, but want to focus on 4 or less varieties.

Here's a pic from today:

Hell Yeah

thought i would drop by with an update. the grow is progressing pretty normally.

The god's gift is probably my favorite plant just based on how it looks.

The dinamed cbd+ turned out to be a runt:

All the cuban linx have preflowers, i tried to get good pictures of them but it's difficult with the little phone microscope i have:

cl1 preflower:

maybe female?

cl2:

I'm guessing male?

cl3 preflower:

not sure, possibly male?

cl4 preflower:

no idea? possibly female?

we're six weeks in, I'm hoping to sex these plants soon then apply an organic top dress i stole off buildasoil.com

https://buildasoil.com/blogs/news/12456789-what-should-i-top-dress-my-organic-grow-with

1. 1 Tablespoons Kelp Meal
2. 2 Tablespoons Fish Bone Meal
3. 4 Tablespoons Gypsum
4. Cover with up to 1/2" - 1" layer of worm castings across the whole container.

I had pictures of each individual plant but i can only use 5 images per post.

Klompen

The pet stores often sell coir as lizard bedding. Wash it for salt real well, but otherwise it works just fine.

Hell Yeah

More preflower pics:

cuban linx 1:

I think this is female, but i could use some help identifying based on shape.

cuban linx 2:

Seems male but opinions?

cuban linx 3:

Also looks male to me.

cuban linx 4

confirmed female.