What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Compound...

DunHav`nFun

No need to take anything further Dusty.....nothin in PM about you I can`t say here I assure you.....and regardless of your explanation to Swap about your being here , as well as your oh so illustrious difference between organics and salt based nutrients , that btw when you were on your soap box back then you would`ve eat shit and died before saying salt based ANYTHING was a viable production tool , you and I both know your posts in Desert Hydro and then here in Swaps threads were to announce to me your return to Kiddie town I suppose cuz your IG crowd don't hug your nuts as much as you need , so...… unfortunately.....

I saw you post your thread the last week in May IIRC , and have made every effort to stay the Hell away from anything you were involved in threadwise because see Dusty , I have no ego to stroke and feel bigger and better about myself that you have such an affinity for …..Sheldon Cooper would call you a "needy baby greedy baby" , and I think that pretty well sums it up.....comical at best....

Swap ….I apologize for takin up bandwidth , especially since Daddy`s boy`s most definitely is not worth the time to type about , I`m just hopin that your setups start turnin around and headed for Homeplate....lotta potential there once all your ducks are in a row....and lastly.....

Dusty.....Please try to think of me as not even here , because as said earlier if you weren`t trolling my latest and ONLY posts in forever you`d never known I was here , on top of absolutely zero reason for posting in this thread since there`s not a vertical bare bulb bone in your body , so again....

All the horseshit you spew at Swap about regrettably posting here can end here and you don`t haveta say another word.....nuff said.....and Swap.....Keep strokin….and take everything Dusty hasta offer with a grain of salt , although his Daddy did teach him well WITH salt based nutrients LONG before he got eat up with organics , not that there`s anything wrong with organics....I respect ALL avenues of production and return on investment....DankFrank and his beds come to mind ….Helluva nice guy too....

Peace....DHF..... :ying: ….

BYF

you and I both know your posts in Desert Hydro and then here in Swaps threads were to announce to me your return to Kiddie town I suppose cuz your IG crowd don't hug your nuts as much as you need , so...… unfortunately.....

All I can do is laugh at this.

Your self importance and narcissism is unmatched.

swapmeet

All I can do is laugh at this.

Your self importance and narcissism is unmatched.

Al you can do is not laugh at this... Because no one would have ever known you laughed.... all you had to do was come in my thread and tell everyone that you laughed.... so we would know, and throw out some insults... That's All you could do...

swapmeet

I removed all fans that that were shading any nodes... I will defoliate and remove suckers over the next few days... Hopefully I'll end up with some towers of flowers...

swapmeet

What’s the estimated return on a canopy like this from a donut set up ?

Well... A lot of these plants were immature seedlings when I started flowering. I would be happy to get one huge oz cola from each plant on average. If you check out the sticky of Aero's grow here in the vert section, he pulled 2 lbs+ off of 6 plants in donut formation... properly vegged and everything. 3 of my plants were well mature to start flowering...The Gelato, a Northern Lights, And Big Blue Cheese...

I am basically using this round to see what I can get from different sizes going in. Gelato was the biggest one going in. I'm hoping for 2 oz plus from her. Once this grow is completed, I am changing venues, getting organized, and setting up a proper mother/propagation, and veg room. I will continue to dial in and tinker with my racks until I succeed in getting those producing.... Those are where the money is.

I started this adventure because I wanted to fund my real estate investing here.... Use the proceeds to get into a rent to own/seller financing situation, or buy a foreclosure and rent it out, then leverage the first unit into multiple units, and those units into multiples, and on down the road...

Something happened in one of my businesses in CA, that will allow me to get into about 5 or 6 units free and clear.

If I can do that, I will no longer need the income from large scale production in order to compound rental units... I will just leverage each unit into a couple more un-leveraged units. So this grow might turn from a production grow, to a hobby grow that is just meant to keep my people and me stocked with a variety of the finest weed around...
perhaps let a zip go to my people here and there as a hook up...

We will see how it goes, but it is looking very good. I am moving full speed ahead until I know for sure. Basically, I will likely know before I move in August. I am going to try and buy the first couple units in the next couple weeks...

My grow bro and I are talking about starting our own property management company to manage the properties that I buy/build, my partner buys/builds, my partner and I buy/build together, and the properties that my grow bro and I buy together... Or anyone else that needs property management. We will charge high prices to those listed because they are tax write-offs against the income for the owner of the units (us), and will allow us to hire actual managers to manage, while our company just gets the cream.

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

Best thing I could EVER hear is that real world investments take hold of building the retirement portfolio …...FUCK a buncha growin dope in an illegal state or country regardless of where you are , much less for a living and ESPECIALLY inside while having to provide as close to perfect light and environment as possible to even pay for the equipment and utilities much less turn a profit ...….. regardless....

Swap......Best wishes in all you do my buddy.....Holler ANYTIME I can help......Dusty came back cuz he`s bored and lookin to talk down to you about your lil donut pheno hunt so , way to deflect and not give him room to start shit.....

Take care and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …..

swapmeet

Best thing I could EVER hear is that real world investments take hold of building the retirement portfolio …...FUCK a buncha growin dope in an illegal state or country regardless of where you are , much less for a living and ESPECIALLY inside while having to provide as close to perfect light and environment as possible to even pay for the equipment and utilities much less turn a profit ...….. regardless....

Swap......Best wishes in all you do my buddy.....Holler ANYTIME I can help......Dusty came back cuz he`s bored and lookin to talk down to you about your lil donut pheno hunt so , way to deflect and not give him room to start shit.....

Take care and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …..

Thanks brother.... it is 12/12 here all year around pretty much, so one of the properties I am looking at is 26 acres in the mountains... so I was thinking it would be fun to veg big trees indoors.... then each month, bring two to plant outside in the forest.... then harvest two monsters per month in perpetuity... and maybe a small indoor grow to experiment with....and hey....nothing is official yet lol....looking pretty good though... the cash is there now, so it's all about buying a couple foreclosures in cash, then use the equity to compound units...

I will always grow.... and I will always have a variety of herbage to smoke and enough to go around....lol... I will continue this thread all the way through no matter what...

BYF

So would you do more larger plants to get the 2 lbs yield like the thread you mentioned or more smaller plants.

Best of luck on your investments

swapmeet

So would you do more larger plants to get the 2 lbs yield like the thread you mentioned or more smaller plants.

Best of luck on your investments

The overall goal would be to do larger plants... A bit larger even than the biggest of these.... you really need to veg them vertically for a couple weeks, then in donut formation for a week or so... Then Flower with stacked bulbs....maybe with the stacked bulbs, the plants will need to be far enough away to fit 12-16 buckets in a tight circle around the bulbs...

It would fit inside a 4'x4' square, making the plants around 16-20" away from the bulbs (depending on their inward lean.

So you veg vertically to get that height and node stacking, then let them bush out for 7-14 days in donut formation before flipping...then they will continue through the stretch period... That will produce some crazy bushes that will have big-ass colas all over them.

Stay tuned because that is how I am setting up part of my flower room at the new place.... With the racks going on in the other part...

How many of those donuts/racks there are will depend on my investments... whether its production or personal use.

BYF

What’s the difference between a donut and a rack?

Is a rack just some metal shelving you put around the lights in a square ? Like the old “Stadium”

swapmeet

What’s the difference between a donut and a rack?

Is a rack just some metal shelving you put around the lights in a square ? Like the old “Stadium”

pretty much.... Like a stadium, but just vertical rising, not back... so more like one of those giant plastic Colosseum cylinders. from the older days... I circle would be ideal, but hard to find giant cylinder shelving.... so giant square it is...

BYF

It was really popular to do an octagon shape with raised beds and soil in Humboldt back in the day.

BYF

When you grow the plants with overhead lighting and then switch them to horizontal lighting do you try and adjust the quarter to half of the plant that’s growing outside the “donut” to face in toward the light or just plumb cut it off?

I tried to think about how I’d deal with the back side of the plant and I feel like I’d end up just cutting about 1/4 of it off because I wouldn’t be able to redirect the branches 180 degrees

swapmeet

When you grow the plants with overhead lighting and then switch them to horizontal lighting do you try and adjust the quarter to half of the plant that’s growing outside the “donut” to face in toward the light or just plumb cut it off?

I tried to think about how I’d deal with the back side of the plant and I feel like I’d end up just cutting about 1/4 of it off because I wouldn’t be able to redirect the branches 180 degrees

A lot of the growth tips will grow towards the light naturally, even better with some guidance. anything not getting enough light to produce bag appeal gets chopped... Cutting the back off basically.

I have the rolling wardrobes to hang reflectix on and get any penetrating lumens reflected back onto the backside.

If you have a bit more space and budget you could layout 4 donuts with a light in middle like 5 on a die... and you could hit the back sides with light too...

BYF

With that light set up I’ve always wanted to just grow 4 huge trees like outdoor plants inside

swapmeet

With that light set up I’ve always wanted to just grow 4 huge trees like outdoor plants inside

Yeah.... If you had the room and could pull a couple bows off of them, then that's always an option as well.

Last edited:

BYF

What do you think the ideal room size for 6 plants is?

How many lamps would you run on 6 trees? 8,000w? I was thinking a 14x30 room so you could have A 4x4 square per plant

swapmeet

So.... The little Gelato bush finished in its 7th week... with mostly milky, some amber trichs... The nugs are frosty and dense, so this could be a good producer. It is also the only plant that branched out a bit, but I didn't record if I ever took clones or not, so take that with a grain of salt.... Here are a couple nug shots.

Latest posts

Latest posts