What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ink-Bird ITC-608 giveaway!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Giveaway ITC-608 ink-bird giveaway.

It's USA and Canada. I'll try to get the UK, Au involved next time. The giveaway is for the Ink bird ITC-608. I've got my anything outdoor 2020!!!!, and in indoor soil my WVs this and that you can enter. Only rule is you gotta be a member at least 6mths. We'll pick the random winner Sunday nite at 12am from 1 of the 3 threads. Just write a brief statement of what the itc 608 ink-bird will be used for. I'm really excited to give back to the community!!!! Good luck guys. PLEASE DISREGUARD the June 15th giveaway date, like I said Sunday nite 12am eastern time

Item will ship from factory and you'll give your shipping info to Ink-Bird to ship. So I'll never have your address or anything. :rtfo:

Attachments

• Catch.jpg
    Catch.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 112

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
You'll give your private info to Ink-Bird production company so I have nothing to with that. And they ship from either US or Canada as that's the only countries they can ship. So next time we plan to get the UK, AU etx. So have at it guys, I've used a lot of the older models and love them. This model features the humidity feature. Don't miss out guys I promise you find something to use this with

Big M

Great giveaway! I haven't been here long enough to play, and that's ok. Really cool that it has the humidity feature too.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Inkbird Temperature and Humidity Controller ITC-608T will maintain an ideal growing environment (fan, heater, cooler, humidifier) :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Inkbird Temperature and Humidity Controller ITC-608T will maintain an ideal growing environment (fan, heater, cooler, humidifier) :)
No it wont.

In my humble opinion, Inkbird is a great device for the price. I've been using them going on 2 yrs. It took me a while to find out actually what it controlled (ITC-608T). It only control 2 things at a time not 4 as insinuated in the specs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiElHY1a4ro

This is my set up...

picture.php

One on left is for RH (huey and de-huey), while the one on the right is for temp, which operates the radiant htr (winter) and the AC (summer).

Another controller not seen here, is your exhaust fan speed (if it has variable speed) that can be adjusted to fine tune the entire set up.

IHC-200

• work 1 = humidifier
  • work 2 = dehumidifier
ITC-310T

• Heating
  • Cooling)
These controllers (mine) have the same data points as the 608 (set up). From what I have gathered (the 608), is intended for home brewers vice home growers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mx4FhNE_rE

In the aforementioned set up it works fine but, although it has various set up points, it will only control 2 things not 4 which, is what we want. To do so (4) it needs 4 power sources, not 2. :tiphat:

Reactions: GMT

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I like the design although I have not read too much into how it works. In a greenhouse it could activate a heater or carbon dioxide burner when temperature falls below a certain point. Or a cooling fan when temperature rises instead of an air conditioner or dehumidifier. Water sprayers. Allowing the same port to be used for either an air conditioner (on above certain temperature) or a heater (on below a certain temperature) is useful.

Two or more may also be used together.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I like the design although I have not read too much into how it works. In a greenhouse it could activate a heater or carbon dioxide burner when temperature falls below a certain point. Or a cooling fan when temperature rises instead of an air conditioner or dehumidifier. Water sprayers. Allowing the same port to be used for either an air conditioner (on above certain temperature) or a heater (on below a certain temperature) is useful.

Two or more may also be used together.
My set up does it all at only slightly above the cost of a single 608. Buying 2 of them = cost prohibitive. Inkbird has a whole slew of various controllers besides the ones we talk about here, depending on their applications. Inkbird didn't design their controllers with cannabis in mind. "WE" adapted them to what "we" are doing. The right tool for the right job! :tiphat:

ETA: Outside of changing my RH setting (to maintain proper VPD during all phases of growth) I don't need to go into the main menu, ever. Like on TV, set it and forget it. The 608 requires you to go into the main menu and change between the 4 controllable variables. Should you want cooling vice heating, huey vice dehuey, not to mention switching between appliances. I am ready to go 24/7 and 365. Whatever my girls need, the combo of those 2 controllers keep 'em satisfied.

BTW, in the 1st video 3 degree differential is the preferred delta for reduced cycling. Buddy doesn't/didn't know that 3 deg is the preferred delta. AAMOF, if anything one can easily set it higher vs lower but, 5 deg is a large temp swing for our girls, that temp swing might not be as critical in other applications. Short cycling of equipment leads to premature failures!.

Because we have large weather pattern shifts here in the Maritimes, I no longer grow from June until the end of Aug. I struggled for 2 summers (high humidity here) and, simply decided that since I don't need to grow 3 times a year, I take the summer off. My electric bill loves me for it. It's whatever works for you, as one size doesn't fit all. :)

Commercial grows (serious grows) are environmentally controlled via "feed forward" which (the control) produce minor corrections to the manipulated variable, before the actual change in the environment manifests itself. PID is more than likely used. It anticipates changes, vice us growing in tents. Inkbirds is an on and off controller e.g no PID. In other words it is reactionary, not intuitive. :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea if you got heaters or A.C. , fans basically anything you can set them to come on and off at said temp and humidity now. I use them more in the winter, but this humidity sensor is gonna probably use it in the summer mths also. These are not like just the cheap heat pad thermostats guys. I've got several cheap themostats for heat pads. I'm sure if your doing several grows a year you'll find something to use it for you wasn't thinking about.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Id put it in my grow room to control my humidity and ac. Then i could take the humidity controller I got to my smaller room.:good:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Id put it in my grow room to control my humidity and ac. Then i could take the humidity controller I got to my smaller room.:good:

Glad your interested, you can post on my ANYTHING Outdoors 2020!!!! thread, and in the indoor soil forum. You can enter the giveaway there. This 608 is the newer model. I was using the 308 I think and the WiFi model. I didn't know WTF a ink bird was either. I was thinking printer ink or something lol. But I know some of you guys will get great use from this think. Don't forget Monday nite at 12am the contest ends and we'll randomly pick a thread, and a winner randomly by number. So you guys interested your allowed to have 3 chances each, in each thread. So you could enter each of those 3 threads to win.

It's WVs this and that in the indoor soil forum

Anything Outdoors 2020!!! outdoors

Give yourselves more chances the guys who want a chance at one!!!!

And happy 4th of July and be safe.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It's only USA and Canada and I'd like you to have been a member 6mths or at least close. Next time were gonna have items in the UK store and are gonna do a special giveaway for UK, AU, and anywhere else they can ship from. This itc 608 usually runs about 70$ on Amazon, I think a lot didn't get the discount codes I posted and they dropped it 15% or something. I like the older ones, and they can be calibrated for accuracy. As I'm sure the 608 is as well. Just a little something to give back to the community I've learned so much from. And get it out there, these are good devices. And lots of models to choose from. Most guys that don't need a themostat for there A.C. and fans, don't worry it'll come in handy

Mattbho

This would be great to start with mycology . I guess it's hard to get the humidity just right, In the correct area. (Where the fruit grows)

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Working in HVAC in socal the last 17 years and helping build negative pressure rooms for pharmaceutical companies I've seen complex zone/control interface modules galore.

This new tech interface is industry standard now..

Thus even a novce/pro grower can provide affordable control of temp humidity levels accuractly.
For under an hundred dollars.

the itc 608 ink-bird is a great choice.

Sounds great count me in because I need an upgrade for my vedge room.

https://www.ink-bird.com/products-temperature-controller-itc608t.html