What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Greenhouse and operational advice with employees

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
What a little douche bag you are. I have been certified organic for longer than you have been growing. Your assumptions couldn't be more juvenile. In your pathetic little mind, you think the home grower with nobody looking over there shoulder will produce cleaner herb than certified organic growers? This just shows how ignorant you are.

Organic growers must not spray any chemicals, feed with chemicals. I get my soil tested for sulfates, I get my herb tested for THC, terps, pesticides, fungicides and are tested at the parts per billion. When you receive a product from my farm in the store, you will receive all this information put strait onto the packaging. This label will show THC levels, terp profiles, and levels of contaminants. On top of this, SClabs and others are starting programs where you can track a farm, and how clean all their meds have been over years.

When people get a bag of your herb, all they get is a bag of weed and no idea on how it was grown. If you told them how it was grown, people would just have to trust you. As you don't have testing done, you don't have a history of how your testing has performed in the past.

Then take into consideration all the things that larger farms can do, that you have never done in your tent grows. Consistent soil testing, tissue testing, sap testing. Like I stated when you first asked, plant health is everything. People growing in tents think that because their plant is green, they are doing a good job. When in reality, a healthy plant doesn't get bugs or PM to begin with. That is where tissue and sap testing comes in big.

Does this mean you kill off plants or treat with something and still serve it to the public?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I guarantee Smith will not be using dangerous pesticides. I mean, there are pesticides that aren't even sold here that are sold in every other state like avid, forbid, eagle 20. Our lab testing and tracking for legal cannabis being grown is so strict, people are more safe smoking smiths product then guys like big tacos.

This it's just the nature our the beast. Taco should take it up with the state and voters. Not with Smith.

By guys like big taco do you mean peope that only sell clean herbs?

How is approved pesticides one bit safer than no pesticides?

And I take it up with everyone. Consumers, voters, growers and anyone that will listen.

And the beast as you refer to it needs taken down. For several reasons. It my nature to help.

Defending coorperate style growing and claiming it is somehow safer to treat with approved of pesticides and fungicide is in any way safer than someone that has shut down and cleaned up everytime a pathogen has gotten loose is plain stupid.

How much money does dipshit plan to make off his grow? Probably alot more than I lost the last time I had to fix my shit. But at least I know my weed is almost certainly safer.

CrushnYuba

When i say "guys like taco" all i mean is a small grower. In not attacking anything about your methods.
I just don't think you understand that in California, guys off your size can't even sell to a dispensary. Only licenced legal commercial grows can. The commercial legal grows have to have there stuff tested to the highest standard. Small grows have to be sold on the street. the black market with no testing and no proof of anything.

The California approve pesticide list doesn't have any chemicals on it. It's things like cinnamon, rosemary, garlic oil, thyme oil, sulfur, soybeen oil. This is ridiculously health conscious California.

I believe you grow a safe product, but if i wanted to buy your product in California, i would be buying it from some guy on the street with no proof of being organic other then some guy saying "ya fam, the broker i get this from says the grower he gets it from is super heady organic. He like doesn't use anything but water".

This thread was about commercial greenhouses and the Only useful suggestion was from karma saying "go with a venlo". Even i was guilty of going off topic

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
When i say "guys like taco" all i mean is a small grower. In not attacking anything about your methods.
I just don't think you understand that in California, guys off your size can't even sell to a dispensary. Only licenced legal commercial grows can. The commercial legal grows have to have there stuff tested to the highest standard. Small grows have to be sold on the street. the black market with no testing and no proof of anything.

The California approve pesticide list doesn't have any chemicals on it. It's things like cinnamon, rosemary, garlic oil, thyme oil, sulfur, soybeen oil. This is ridiculously health conscious California.

I believe you grow a safe product, but if i wanted to buy your product in California, i would be buying it from some guy on the street with no proof of being organic other then some guy saying "ya fam, the broker i get this from says the grower he gets it from is super heady organic. He like doesn't use anything but water".

This thread was about commercial greenhouses and the Only useful suggestion was from karma saying "go with a venlo". Even i was guilty of going off topic

Why would anyone want any of that garbage on their weed?

My orginal question in this thread was to genuinely ask how to keep a perpetual grow that size pathogen free without treating with something. He told mr everything I wanted to know and even shared a bit of his personality.

There is no reason a small grower cannot test their products also.

It is only stupid laws favoring a coorperate mindset that prevents this. I know for a fact a ton of small farmers who grow an actual clean product are not allowed to do legal business only do to regulations while someone like mr. Smith will be allowed to get rich.

Honestly I was hoping he knew some magic bullshit I do not know of. Where you can grow acres of herb in a sealed perpetual grow and totally eradicate pests without compromising my version of what clean means.

I never knew it back then but when herb used to cost twice as much having to clean up and go with out a crop for 60-90 days was only aggrevating. But now a days it is a serious blow. So naturally I am offended when I realize that the value of cannabis is not being lowered by its abundance. Its being lowered by greedy people who are in too deep to do it the right way. The actual right way. Not just fitting into the guidelines.

WFAMFARMS

Hey dude im in the design phase of a 5k sq ft commercial set up myself, I would love to know how your knowledge search ended up or what conclusions you came to. We are limited by local ordinance for size of the facility so no expansion needed.We looked at the same house manufacturers and are still undecided. Which did you decide on?

WFAMFARMS

I hear that about the mods running of the knowledve , I got banned like 5 years ago and just now starting up a new account as I'm in the design phase of a project and need some information. If you werent a donor, they were quick to boot you

Check out Nextg3n, I've been very pleased with the one I'm building and have heard nothing but great things from others. Supposed to have one of the best curtain systems on the market.

M

Mountain Kine

Go with Conley, Nexus, or Venlo

Each of the three companies has competent greenhouse consultants and are not scared to hear that you are growing cannabis.

They will help design your structure to your specific needs based on your answers to various questions they will pose to get an idea of your project scope.

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
I wonder where all the pros communicate. Is it just networking at this stage? No forums seem to be sufficient anymore.

Or are all the pros busy worrying about their businesses instead of losing sleep chilling on a forum?

Out there grabbing the big opportunities while they can I guess.

DIYer

OP sounds like he don't know... well, to even call the companies you're asking about, thinks their number is BUMP lol
Where exactly is the pile of shit you step in to get money, land, and no clue? Cuz i already got a clue :)

Last edited:

DIYer

I wonder where all the pros communicate. Is it just networking at this stage? No forums seem to be sufficient anymore.

Or are all the pros busy worrying about their businesses instead of losing sleep chilling on a forum?

Out there grabbing the big opportunities while they can I guess.

I agree about forums. But there are so few pros out there. 99% aren't growing that different from each other, the job isn't that hard, and they're not looking to rock the boat now that they're in, or give out secrets. Most are just money grabbing with no long term care about what they're doing to the environment. No one should be growing in soil, paying for dehumidfication cost, or flowering under artificial light. Its just not needed and production costs would plummet. Sadly till cannabis is $200 a pound no ones going to care to grow it for $100 a pound. Federal legality makes that happen.

Latest posts

Latest posts