What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Party Cup Challenge 2018 Spring - Summer

Miraculous Meds

You can enter up to 12 and then you choose the best one to be judged.

Ah ok thanks, I was going to pitch a few of the extra less healthy back ups I have, but I will try and get them back to health and see what these little party cups can do. Ill get some pics up in a couple days.
party on fellas!:tiphat:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

which cups will i choose?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey avi hows it going buddy? So you can choose whichever 12 you want from your cups and ween it down to your favorite 5 as the contest goes along?

I hope that's the case cause I just loaded up my fnd with a seed run and it would be cool to include some of those as a possible entry!

yes you pick 12 to run in the contest and follow the progress of those 12 in your updates
i'm just having fun showing off all my cups.... not a perfect solution to limited space but so far so good

Miraculous Meds

So far the front runners for me are numbers 3, 15, 16, and 29.
picture.php

Actually ive got a couple a few days ahead of those.
All these went to flower on 4-18.
pruned to the top 2-3 nodes
Medium, char coir
Nutrients, Jacks and cal nit 3/2 ratio at 1ec and 5.9ph.
Lights, SS 630w cmh phillips 3100's
Feed cycle, 6 times per day, every 2 hours
Light cycle, 11 on, 13 off

Silver pearl/G13 x Whitaker Blues #7
solo cup 3-1
24" on 4-16
Ive flowered this girl a few times. Lavender dominate with some berry notes. Very calm and relaxing herb.
picture.php

picture.php

Golden Pearl (silver pearl/g13 x sour d ibl), one of my flagship hybrids. very special medicine to me and several others.
Creamy orange/lavender/cinnamon/hops
solo cup 3-23
22" on 4-16
picture.php

picture.php

Miraculous Meds

Death star, my longest held cut I think... Probably going on 13 years give or take. Shes a producer, quality smoke, high terps and thc. All the bells and whistles. Tastes like sour d and skunk to me.
solo 3-26
14" on 4-16
picture.php

picture.php

Blue Star (death star x whitaker blues), probably my favorite hybrid ive made. She has the most pronounced bb flavor over anything ive tried. Up front she is bb with a bit of diesel. After a nice little cure, pure bb wine. High is up and euphoric, "pleasantly powerful" if I may borrow that line from a friend of mine.

Blue Star 1
solo cup 3-24
19" on 4-16
picture.php

picture.php

Blue Star 2
solo cup 3-24
14" on 4-16
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I took these a few days ago. Been meaning to put them up. 3 weeks in tomorrow. I harvested one side of my room. So I had to reload it. Which made me lose the spot the Suicide Cheese was in. Not having a spot for her where she would get good light. I was out of options and wondering what to do.

So I made room....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I tied a string to one of the hooks holding up a 1000 watt HPS. Ran it straight thru the cup and knotted it on the bottom. Working pretty good so far.

Miraculous Meds

I took these a few days ago. Been meaning to put them up. 3 weeks in tomorrow. I harvested one side of my room. So I had to reload it. Which made me lose the spot the Suicide Cheese was in. Not having a spot for her where she would get good light. I was out of options and wondering what to do.

So I made room....

View Image

View Image

View Image

I tied a string to one of the hooks holding up a 1000 watt HPS. Ran it straight thru the cup and knotted it on the bottom. Working pretty good so far.

So you decided to hang the suicide cheese?:)

EvergreenState

My little giants have grown quite a bit in one week. I'm hopeful that they will be a large enough to flip in about a month. If that's the case, I should be able to finish in time. I have one plant where there is only one leaf on the second set of leaves. Never had this type of mutation. Do they grow out of this?
My new light arrived. I'm hoping it will blow these up.
picture.php
picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Durban Poison X Thai Stick G Micro Update

Durban Poison X Thai Stick G Micro Update

@ Evergreenstate IME, many seedlings will outgrow their mutations eventually. Ive had a plant that had no growth point in the seedling stage that I thought was a dud, but 2 weeks later it had begun to grow a growth point and eventually turned into a normal plant. Wait it out and see what happens is the best thing you can do.

Now for my overdue update.

6 weeks ago I started a batch of DPxTSG in 2oz containers, and I ended up with 18 healthy seedlings. 14 remain now. Two males were culled as Im only interested in females this micro run. 2 other plants were culled for intersex expression. Got some work to do to remove this trait from future generations.

If I can keep the plants healthy from seed to harvest in 2 oz containers, I should be able to grow out large populations of plants within small spaces searching for those special plants that will be used for F2s.

The tiny containers, and being on the outside of the lights footprint has really slowed their growth down alot, but they're all healthy nonetheless. Some of these plants may end up being under 12 inches when its all over. About a 3rd were tall and stretchy, another 3rd are short and compact, with the final 3rd being of somewhere in the middle of the other two.

The plant in the bottom right had its top snapped off by my carelessness, so we'll get to see how one that is topped ends up. The rest will remain untopped.

Watering happens every night. 15ml for the tall plants, 10-15ml for the medium plants, and 5-10ml for the smallest ones. Been working pretty good so far. Still dont have them setup for capillary mat, and have been just hand-watering with my lil syringe.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This plants fan leaf reminds me of Ducks Foot MJ. Cool to look out, but it only occurred on this node. The newer fan leaves are normal looking.

picture.php

This is one of the tall plants below.

picture.php

More pics to follow later.

EvergreenState

Thanks for the help Dave. Very nice plants in 2oz. cups; I never would have imagined you could get such large plants in 2oz. cups.

Nico Farmer

Hi everybody!

I see that there are people this year,
you all made me want to participate ...
I think I'll introduce two or three clones.
Good luck to all!

Avinash, you're a champion buddy ;) , you do not things half! :tiphat:

Big up all

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Thanks for the help Dave. Very nice plants in 2oz. cups; I never would have imagined you could get such large plants in 2oz. cups.

Its been fun challenge. Im kinda surprised by how healthy they are in such small containers after 6 weeks. Been kinda easy so far tbh as long as I water every 24 hours.

Here are the last two photos of my update:

picture.php

A micro plant nestled among the fan leaf of an older DurbanxThai in 1 gallon container.

picture.php