What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Party Cup Challenge 2018 Spring - Summer

DjKinetics

last update
Gentlemen (and ladies that i might not be aware of :tiphat: )
unfortunately il be bowing out prematurely, its not going so well,
major green moss problem,though i doubt that has all too much effect,
out of season winter grow i.e very cold evenings and very hot days reaching up to 40c (104F) in my mini greenhouse during the day,it has no vents/windows
aswell as starting quite abit late and the biodegradable cup i used to start in :bashhead:
....anyways il continue to follow the thread, respect to all you guys, imho you only improve when you challenge the best and sincerely you dudes are some of the best growers and have mastered these solo cup runs ,so iv already learnt alot in this short attempt.
Next one i will enter in good time and i plan to put up a worthy fight

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

EvergreenState

last update
Gentlemen (and ladies that i might not be aware of :tiphat: )
unfortunately il be bowing out prematurely, its not going so well,
major green moss problem,though i doubt that has all too much effect,
out of season winter grow i.e very cold evenings and very hot days reaching up to 40c (104F) in my mini greenhouse during the day,it has no vents/windows
aswell as starting quite abit late and the biodegradable cup i used to start in :bashhead:
....anyways il continue to follow the thread, respect to all you guys, imho you only improve when you challenge the best and sincerely you dudes are some of the best growers and have mastered these solo cup runs ,so iv already learnt alot in this short attempt.
Next one i will enter in good time and i plan to put up a worthy fight

View Image

View Image

View Image

You can't improve if you don't keep on trying. Yeah you have to be able to regulate heat and humidity in a greenhouse.

Good luck next run and thanks for participating.

I'm NOT in the contest but wanted to show a few pics of my first grow ever...a Solo cup autoflower NYC Diesel. Just weighed the dry buds & got 4 grams off her! :D

418506_sour-diesel-auto-newbie-growdinafemsour-diesel-autoflowering.jpg

418510_sour-diesel-auto-newbie-growdinafemsour-diesel-autoflowering.jpg

Solo cup growing is super fun IMO. Would definitely do it again in the future. Good luck to all participants!

EvergreenState

Found this gal at the bottom of the steps on the landing this morning. She is about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide. She is an Eastern Hercules Beetle. A type of rhinoceros beetle. You can tell it's a female because the Male has horns.
picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Found this gal at the bottom of the steps on the landing this morning. She is about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide. She is an Eastern Hercules Beetle. A type of rhinoceros beetle. You can tell it's a female because the Male has horns.View Image

She's pretty, I get them in my fireplace from time to time,
the cats let me know they there.

They big.

EvergreenState

BOG Bogglegum 39 days of flower. Fed distilled water this past week. Looks like about a 50 day plant. Harvest probably between the 10th and the 15th of the month. Dry 3-5 days, then into a brown paper bag for 5 to 10 days for a mini cure and then smoke report before the end of the month.
The other plant to the right is chopped down quite a bit. I've been harvesting a couple of buds every few days, drying and decarbing them and then rolling up some joints. This plant is a different pheno than my entry plant. It was about 5 inches taller and not very branchy. I don't know how the high from this plant will relate to my entry.
The high from this plant, fast drying in the oven and decarbed, had a very racey high from the young, clear trichs. The latest buds taken had a somewhat more mellow but still potent high; good body high too. Also because the drying and decarbing is not the usual method of drying and curing, I'm sure that leads to a different type of high.
So my sampling is probably not any indication of the high I'll get from a really different pheno entry plant, that will be dried normally and will have a short cure. It is a really good high though that I really enjoy. Smoke too much though and you ain't goin' no where.

picture.php

Medfinder

Chemon 91
31 inches and very...very pregnant with chembudder og pollen

chembudder og x lemon og
what should i call this cross?

chembudlem og?

picture.php

The Male Chembudder og...that polleneated the lemon og contest entry.

picture.php

more lemon og notice red striped stems...

picture.php

Last edited:

EvergreenState

Took some photos yesterday, day 42 of flower. Also took one today of the root ball out of the cup and soaking it in a bowl of distilled water for about .5 an hour.
I noticed the runoff was kind of pinkish, showing that some salts had coated the perlite. So I was hoping a soaking would dissolve some of the salts. After the soaking, the soak water looked pretty cloudy so I think it was somewhat of a success. I then filled the cup with distilled water until runoff. Since this is more than likely the last week of flower, I need to get rid of those salts. They have been fed only distilled water for the last 12 days but it was not enough.
I also reduced the lights on time to 10.5 hours. I need to do everything I can to let the plant know, as gently as possible, that the end is near.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
54 days:

picture.php

Dropped micro a few days ago, she's in the chute.

Chop in 20 days +/-.

The bulb upper left is off intentionally.

Dabtime

Everyone is looking so great! It's too bad I didn't stumble on this sooner, I have a left over clone of my katsu bubba x dj shorts blueberry that never made it to its 1 gal of coco. It's been spending it's days in a solo and charging on.

Medfinder I'm curious about your bottle fed auto watering cone set up. Which dollar store did you get them from, Dollar Tree? More importantly do they work alright?, how long do they last you before refilling? I'm looking to set up some bonsai moms of a few cuts I can't part with and these would work great. I've seen that blumat makes some similar bottle top designs but if these work for super cheap I'm interested.

EvergreenState

54 days:

View Image

Dropped micro a few days ago, she's in the chute.

Chop in 20 days +/-.

The bulb upper left is off intentionally.

You are going to be cutting it close to the deadline if you wait 20 plus days to chop. Maybe cut a few buds off a little early, dry them and do a smoke report before the deadline.:)

Dave Coulier

Veteran
2 oz Micro Update

2 oz Micro Update

Well, according to rule 7, I am technically disqualified because Ive not updated in more than 3 weeks, but Im gonna share some pics anyways. :)

Its been 93ish Days of flowering for this plant in a 2 oz dixie cup. About 110 from seed. The buds stayed green to the end, while others started green and turned purple, and a few were purple the whole time. Got pics of one of those purple ones for next time.

Ill consider myself lucky if I get a gram or two from these tiny plants. Probably only enough for a bowl or two on most of these tiny plants.

I had to flip over a 9oz dixie cup, cut out the bottom to fit the 2 oz container into. Snug fit that kept the plant upright.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts