What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Solo Coco

Fiddynut

Looking good

Looking good

Good afternoon Deprivation.

Your plants and roots look really good. I'm glad to see you are going to do the cup challenge. I'm sure you'll rock it.

I've only grown in soil but I think I'm going to try coco for the challenges. I have a ppm pen and a basic understanding that with coco you have to feed every watering. I notice you mentioned the Lucas formula. I've heard of it but don't know a lot about it. Is it nute specific? I have been using pure bloom pro and I wonder if I could use that with the Lucas method? I want to keep it simple so I don't embarrass my self too much. Also I've always mixed and pH'd my nutes right before watering and I'm wondering if I'd need to mix up a new small batch a couple times a day when I feed them or if I could mix up a couple days worth at a time?

Someday I'd love to do a little breading and your method with the cups seems perfict for that. Have you ever bread photoperiod plants that way? I have some auto seeds for my first try with cups and coco and I'm trying to keep it simple.

Fiddynut

I guess I'm full of questions today.

I've never used coco so I'm not sure how to pop beans in it. With soil I soak them 12 hours and then straight into the pre moistened soil. I get great germ rates that way. Can I do that with coco?

Deprivation

Hello Fiddy,

With seed I do the 24h in water then into coco- final pot- precharged with fertilized to fill the cations. I will pot cover with a ziplock or cut off pop bottle for a few days. Autos grow very well with bloom nutes only but I have never used the ones you have so IDK is it a 2 part? I mix a liter or two a day depending on what my needs are for that day.

I never got into breeding with photos, I would find a strain do a pheno hunt and just clone. autos don't clone and I refuse to pay for seed every run...

Regards

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
... autos don't clone and I refuse to pay for seed every run...

Regards

That's how I felt. Made enough regular seeds to keep me busy indefinitely. Now, after seeing this thread, I want to make some CS and feminized seed! I have everything I need, but never tried it. Now I just have to decide which variety to reverse... :chin:

Fiddynut

Hello Fiddy,

With seed I do the 24h in water then into coco- final pot- precharged with fertilized to fill the cations. I will pot cover with a ziplock or cut off pop bottle for a few days. Autos grow very well with bloom nutes only but I have never used the ones you have so IDK is it a 2 part? I mix a liter or two a day depending on what my needs are for that day.

I never got into breeding with photos, I would find a strain do a pheno hunt and just clone. autos don't clone and I refuse to pay for seed every run...

Regards
Good morning Deprivation.

I was wondering how you keep the seedling from drying out for the first few days and covering the pot makes sense. That's a great tip. Thank you.

Pure bloom pro is a two part but as of now I don't feed much in veg since I transplant every couple weeks. I mostly use the bloom bottle and maybe a little of the grow during the transition and streach. I use RO water and cal/mag as well. I guess I'll start feeding light and keep an eye on the ppm's and the plants. I'm learning how to listen to my plants but not an expert by any means.

Thanks for the advise on mixing nutes as well. I had always heard that you should mix them fresh for each use or each day.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom with me...Fiddy.

Deprivation

Thats the tough part no doubt, decisions decisions.

That's how I felt. Made enough regular seeds to keep me busy indefinitely. Now, after seeing this thread, I want to make some CS and feminized seed! I have everything I need, but never tried it. Now I just have to decide which variety to reverse... :chin:

Deprivation

I only cover till the cotyledons are open. Just watch the color, I wait till the lower leaves start to fade then give a good bump in ferts. The general consensus is not to transplant with autos, start em in there forever home.....

Good morning Deprivation.

I was wondering how you keep the seedling from drying out for the first few days and covering the pot makes sense. That's a great tip. Thank you.

Pure bloom pro is a two part but as of now I don't feed much in veg since I transplant every couple weeks. I mostly use the bloom bottle and maybe a little of the grow during the transition and streach. I use RO water and cal/mag as well. I guess I'll start feeding light and keep an eye on the ppm's and the plants. I'm learning how to listen to my plants but not an expert by any means.

Thanks for the advise on mixing nutes as well. I had always heard that you should mix them fresh for each use or each day.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom with me...Fiddy.

Deprivation

So 21 days of spraying cs and we have changes. I have used 9 oz of CS and spray every node site once per day I will continue until pods start opening on there own. seems to be another 15 days +/- from first noticing the reversal to open male pollen sacs.

picture.php
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
So 21 days of spraying cs and we have changes. I have used 9 oz of CS and spray every node site once per day I will continue until pods start opening on there own. seems to be another 15 days +/- from first noticing the reversal to open male pollen sacs.

View Image View Image
Did you start spraying right away or after seeing first pistils?

Deprivation

Not at the very first sign of pre flower, but shortly after when most nodes showed pre flower pistils. Then its pretty much 20 days till I see results and 15 more to see polen. I haven't notice much variance from one strain to another.

Did you start spraying right away or after seeing first pistils?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Not at the very first sign of pre flower, but shortly after when most nodes showed pre flower pistils. Then its pretty much 20 days till I see results and 15 more to see polen. I haven't notice much variance from one strain to another.

Thanks, that really helps
:thank you:

Deprivation

Hey no worries. I am sure it will work some strains flip a little easier some will fight it. Just keep spraying em down.

Deprivation

So I was @ work on a shutdown, and well coco dries/plant dies! There is how ever pollen everywhere and all over me since I was cleaning out the closet today. Everything was bone dry but the smells are great. I washed the non reversed plants for hash oil. The CS plant I am going to burn. dunking 20 seeds in a shotglass today.:tiphat:

picture.php

grizzlyhaze

Hi there! :tiphat:

Im so happy I found this thread.

I am growing autos, in coco, in party cups and trying to use the Lucas formula.

What PPM @.7 would you use? I started at 600ppm and only two weeks in I have raised it up to a 1000ppm. This seams a little strong, but as plants are not complaining I'm confused. I should mention that I'm using two cups as well, top cup has holes at the bottom. So I'm only feeding from below.

Thanks for sharing man.

Deprivation

I start @ 1 gram/ liter maxi bloom and 1 ml ca-mg / liter with 8 drops of gh floralicious plus = half strength lucas. I watch the foliage and if it stays dark I keep it the same if things get lighter in colour I bump the maxi .25 g / liter.

If you are using micro/bloom use 6/9ml per 4 liters from the start with ca-mg and F+.

You will know you are to high with your ppm when/ if you see tip burn, just reduce mix by 25%. I water from the top and always see 25% run off. I then put the second cup on the bottom and fill to the rim...

grizzlyhaze

I start @ 1 gram/ liter maxi bloom and 1 ml ca-mg / liter with 8 drops of gh floralicious plus = half strength lucas. I watch the foliage and if it stays dark I keep it the same if things get lighter in colour I bump the maxi .25 g / liter.

If you are using micro/bloom use 6/9ml per 4 liters from the start with ca-mg and F+.

You will know you are to high with your ppm when/ if you see tip burn, just reduce mix by 25%. I water from the top and always see 25% run off. I then put the second cup on the bottom and fill to the rim...

Thanks man! Make sense.

I've been tryin to get my head around the Lucas formula. Since he is advocating for an Ebb n Flow, and I'm not, I've been suspecting that the 6/9 a gallon might be too strong for me.

I'm a total noob and it's just so much information to take in.

It's a trial and error I guess, as you say, my plants will let me know.

I have a problem that my roots are escaping out of the cup at the bottom. Since you are watering from the top I suspect this is not a problem that you have?

Best regards,
Grizzly

Deprivation

Start a thread or post up some pics here love to see your work.
what strain are you using?

Thanks man! Make sense.

I've been tryin to get my head around the Lucas formula. Since he is advocating for an Ebb n Flow, and I'm not, I've been suspecting that the 6/9 a gallon might be too strong for me.

I'm a total noob and it's just so much information to take in.

It's a trial and error I guess, as you say, my plants will let me know.

I have a problem that my roots are escaping out of the cup at the bottom. Since you are watering from the top I suspect this is not a problem that you have?

Best regards,
Grizzly

Deprivation

I do grow in 1/2, 1 and 2g pots as well as 4liter hempys. Just looking for moms as I run out seed is so simple and cheap in solo and fun other than feeding so often with out blumats help.

Nice....just think what a 2 gallon (~7.5 l) would do?! Anyway, great job!

Latest posts

Latest posts