What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tleaf joins in!

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
LOL naw I know enough about the plant and she's more of my passion not my career choice I will be doing pre-engineering courses . My mom actually wants me to attend some bud seminars but at 500$ a class i can by equipment and learn what they want to teach me from experience , however i will be minoring in bio-chemical engineering so im sure ill have some expirements concerning bud trees :biggrin:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Cool, man, good for you! If I could do it all over again, I would definitely go into engineering of sorts. Probably electrical engineering, but honestly, anything engineering related would be sweet. I didn't learn I had a natural ability for that kind of stuff until after I had already gone to school and started my career (I'm in engineering, but of the "audio" variety, lol).

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
sooooo ...I'll be flipping in 8 days , I had to turn the fogger back on after expirencing slight VPD problems in the last couple of days. I have realized that with cal mag beig put out through respiration along with water, the girls lose of vitamins when it gets dry so for the next days the fogger will be on . on another note the flowers are almost done that's always a plus and I cant wait to get rid of the flower '' shack'' lol and free up my ac for my hot ass room:dance013: now here's some pics for the veiwers
picture.php
this is from today in the scrog tent

picture.php
heres the last straglers getting cut down next week
picture.php
the veg tents doing good except one plant was water with toothpaste water :dunce:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
:wallbash: soo I get up to feed the girls after the game and something told me to test the ph of my rez before I water and surely enough it's over eight, seeing that this is my first time putting my nutes in the res I didn't kno how the nutes will react in the res ,,now I know I guess ... lil rust spots on a couple of leaves but they seem to be fine ..cant have cream all the time lol

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
ok guys what am I supposed to do to keep the res at a stable PH , idk what going on it keeps rising is the ph down getting evaporated out out is this just the normal case. Before this I was just phing the water each feed but after years of that and me expanding more I need things more easier you know ....any suggestions?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
If your pH down was evaporating, your pH would be going lower than usual, not higher... because that would concentrate your acid. The only possibilities I can come up with off the top of my head are as follows:

1) You have things growing in your water supply and/or your res. These living, breathing colonies have a way of fucking up the parameters we work so hard to establish.

2) Your water supply has a ridiculous amount of alkaline buffering constituents.

3) You are using an additive or nutrient that has organic materials in it that are breaking down. This is the primary reason why hydroponic gardening requires purified fertilizer salts, and not compost teas and such.

The solution to #1 and #2 is to stop using your water supply. The solution to #3 is to take a look at what you are adding and rule out the possibility. This is by no means an exhaustive list, so stay open to other possibilities. For instance... are you sure your pH pen is not giving incorrect readings? Have you confirmed your readings with a liquid drop test or something like that?

If you are using pure fertilizer salts with no organic materials that are yet to breakdown, and you adjust your pH to where it is stable, it will absolutely not change any of its parameters until evaporation occurs, or things start growing in the water.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
If your pH down was evaporating, your pH would be going lower than usual, not higher... because that would concentrate your acid. The only possibilities I can come up with off the top of my head are as follows:

1) You have things growing in your water supply and/or your res. These living, breathing colonies have a way of fucking up the parameters we work so hard to establish.

2) Your water supply has a ridiculous amount of alkaline buffering constituents.

3) You are using an additive or nutrient that has organic materials in it that are breaking down. This is the primary reason why hydroponic gardening requires purified fertilizer salts, and not compost teas and such.

The solution to #1 and #2 is to stop using your water supply. The solution to #3 is to take a look at what you are adding and rule out the possibility. This is by no means an exhaustive list, so stay open to other possibilities. For instance, another one just popped up... are you sure your pH pen is not giving incorrect readings? Have you confirmed your readings with a liquid drop test or something like that?

If you are using pure fertilizer salts with no organic materials that are yet to breakdown, and you adjust your pH to where it is stable, it will absolutely not change any of its parameters until evaporation occurs, or things start growing in the water.

I used general organics biothrive which has organic compounds in it so that may be the case I don't know about the colonies growing in there it's not impossible though considering crevices of the pump and the airstones being in use perpetually .I use the drops not a pen anyway so calibration wouldn't be an issue....im pretty sure it's the GO Biothrive so next res change everything will get a bleach spraying and ill switch to the ionic line............THANKS H

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I think you are probably right... the Biothrive would explain it. It's unfortunate, but that's the main obstacle to using organics in a hydroponics reservoir: constantly chasing the pH.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
yea im thinking of making the switch organic water only mix after these bottles run out this shit is getting ridiculous making solutions and I've found a great place right up the street with great prices on amendments so instead of heading to the hydrostore ill be going there for future soil food....so what do I do with this batch keep phing it every watering ?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GO is next to impossible to keep happy in a rez...other than that it works great...
i dont post in many other threads regularly because i end up having to subscribe to a 100 different threads and i can barely keep track of whats going on in mine.plus when people have questions you're more likely to get a variety of answers from people using different styles of growing and thus get a better answer.
besides,do you really want your thread cluttered up with random bike related stuff?

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
I have found since getting my self a 4 Stage RO unit into a 210 ltr water butt and using that for the res all my PH problems have gone :) I 100% recommend them :)

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
GO is next to impossible to keep happy in a rez...other than that it works great...
i dont post in many other threads regularly because i end up having to subscribe to a 100 different threads and i can barely keep track of whats going on in mine.plus when people have questions you're more likely to get a variety of answers from people using different styles of growing and thus get a better answer.
besides,do you really want your thread cluttered up with random bike related stuff?
lol hell yeah any type of machinery is always welcome around here ,even bikes, thanks for stopping by unc , I know its silly but when you create a thread you want all the ol heads and icmag big fish to stop in ,guess everyone needs there ego strok once in awhile :tiphat:

I have found since getting my self a 4 Stage RO unit into a 210 ltr water butt and using that for the res all my PH problems have gone :) I 100% recommend them :)
yea but here in Michigan we have some of the best water the plants really like it I would want to wash away the good minerals coming from the water, i'm pretty sure once I change the res to the ionic things will be more stable :tiphat:

thanks for the input guys it's really appreciated