What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

vapedg13

Veteran
IMHO the best way is a sulfur burner. burn once in veg and once when your 10 days in flowering. ive never had an issue with pm since using a burner

hehehe love the smell of rooten eggs in the mornin:biggrin:

The eagle20 I use at 5 ml per gallon spray and water um 1 time in veg...I use the greencure as the spreader......licensd commercial pesticide/herbicide applicator here:tiphat: Because of the outside environment where I live, I will spray right at onset of flower... usually wont see any pm until last few weeks of flower... 2 months later.... and then its not bad

vertigo0007

hehehe love the smell of rooten eggs in the mornin:biggrin:

The eagle20 I use at 5 ml per gallon spray and water um 1 time in veg...I use the greencure as the spreader......licensd commercial pesticide/herbicide applicator here:tiphat: Because of the outside environment where I live, I will spray right at onset of flower... usually wont see any pm until last few weeks of flower 2 months later and then its not bad

You "water" with it, as in drench?

vapedg13

Veteran
You "water" with it, as in drench?

yes as in water your plant once in veg.... first or second watering right after transplanting rapid rooters into 6 inch party cup

I normally transplant 3 times during a grow...

RR to cup, 2 weeks later to 3 quart potter, 2 weeks later to 6 quart... 2 weeks later spray with eagle... into flower ...10 weeks later crop time

eagle20's residual effect is 30 days... that is normally when you have to reapply if your grownin in a pm prown environment (outdoors)

G

greenmatter

you water with eagle20 ???? it's been a long time since i used that it but, is that stuff supposed to be used as a soil drench?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
yes as in water your plant once in veg.... first or second watering right after transplanting rapid rooters into 6 inch party cup

I normally transplant 3 times during a grow...

RR to cup, 2 weeks later to 3 quart potter, 2 weeks later to 6 quart... 2 weeks later spray with eagle... into flower ...10 weeks later crop time

eagle20's residual effect is 30 days... that is normally when you have to reapply if your grownin in a pm prown environment (outdoors)

Holy Shit, your hardcore....

OhighO

Fwiw I had pm very bad a few years ago. I tried all the band aids and they didn't work. I sprayed E20 one time after seeing this thread and dialed my environment a little more. 2+ years later NO PM.

the gnome

Veteran
thats encouraging news ohigho.

reading the e20 label its says when used on food crops do not
apply within 14 days of harvest.

on other news, its going to be next week before my greencure comes in so it did a test spray on the worst part of the garden on the lower leave with volck oil.
it wiped it out in that area and hasn't come back in that area.... yet
I don't want to spray too much yet because it is an oil and it may leave a residue on
the final harvest, I'm gonna try 1/2 strength.
last time i sprayed it seemed to to last about 10days that you could notice on the leaves.
the more I use volck oil the better i like it.
kills spider mites, whiteflys and a slew of other pests and its an ovacide and a fungicide so it works on rusts and PMs.

the gnome

Veteran
thats encouraging news ohigho.

reading the e20 label its says when used on food crops do not
apply within 14 days of harvest.

on other news, its going to be next week before my greencure comes in so it did a test spray on the worst part of the garden on the lower leave with volck oil.
it wiped it out in that area and hasn't come back in that area.... yet
I don't want to spray too much yet because it is an oil and it may leave a residue on
the final harvest, I'm gonna try 1/2 strength.
last time i sprayed it seemed to to last about 10days that you could notice on the leaves.
the more I use volck oil the better i like it.
kills spider mites, whiteflys and a slew of other pests and its an ovacide and a fungicide so it works on rusts and PMs.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMHO the best way is a sulfur burner. burn once in veg and once when your 10 days in flowering. ive never had an issue with pm since using a burner

Just bought my 1st sulphur burner (ran it 4 days ago will run it once a week and until 10 days into flower)...hit them this morning (lights off) with Eagle 20 got Organocide and 3 other "organic" remedies at the ready......I am gunna punk that PM back to hell!

naturalmedicine

I sprayed all of my plants with Eagle 20 three days ago. I still see traces of PM on some of the plants. I'm not sure if its dead or new PM. Not exactly sure what it should look like. Should the leaves be clean like they were washed or will there be some residue left from the PM that has beed killed?

Also, when is the earliest I can apply another soaking? Should I spray them with something else first and then use E20 after that so there is rotation between different fungicides?

I would like to flower two weeks from now, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Any PM will leave scars on the leaves. One soaking should be good. It is a systemic.

Yes rotation of pesticides is always a good idea.

GOOD LUCK

C

c-ray

forget about the previous 75 pages, this is the pearl of wisdom you've all been waiting for... get your plant sap brix at least 12 degrees, preferably higher, but most importantly get the plant sap pH to stabilize at 6.4 and powdery mildew will be a distant memory.. pm cannot grow under those conditions.. take new clones and keep them within these parameters and it will be all good, forever...

Y

YosemiteSam

Hard if not impossible to do in hydro. Show me a bottled nute with the right Ca:Mg ratio. Without that you are going to not have enough base cations in the cell to prevent H from going too high.

Your only chance really is to spray a shitload of Ca...or go with a medium with a cec. Otherwise welcome to the world of poisoning your plants and yourself.

PM indicates a sick plant...the fungus comes to do its job, eliminate the weak plants (survival of the fittest). But man thinks he is too smart to let that happen. Take that piece of shit weak plant and poison it...then smoke the sick plant plus the poison. Genius.