What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$$my new cash crop$$ not weed

8bitNES

Someone said redwings... disfuckinggusting.

Since they do best in acidic soil then I'd grow them in straight peat next to blueberries. I find that there aren't enough people in this world that like blueberries. But there have been more and more reports on this plant over the past few years. I always thought it was an Asian plant but who cares. Not everyone likes the taste of them and its not something that makes everything taste better, just different.

I think Olivia Munn tried these and hated it. It could've been something different though. If you don't know who she is, you're not an uber-geek so don't worry about it.

Someone should try to grow one hydroponically to see if they grow faster.

8bit

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Does it make GHS weed taste better? :woohoo: :D J/k, it truly is a amazing plant and also it makes me think of very poor african people eating shit and dead animals with a smile on their face. :D

G

DIGITALHIPPY said:
MIRACLE FRUIT?
you got to be kidding.
did you just wake up and re-name an apple this morning?
pics needed google is calling you a liar.
sounds like a pile of bunk.

Why are ALL your posts negative? :fsu:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im looking on ebay right now- there is a guy on there who has sold 4 or 5 of these "miracle fruit" plants since september of this year... i cannot see the rest of his feedback beyond that time... he's selling these 20 inch plants for 60 a pop with $18 shipping.... only downside to this guys investment is that it took 3 years for them to reach 20 inches...

heres what it reads

Your bid is for one plant, shipping will be additional and by overnight delivery.
Our tests have determined that expedited shipping is the best choice and we will remove enough soil to reduce weight to one pound. $18 if by overnight for domestic US locations. All other locations may have additional cost and special permits may be required.

These Miracle fruit plants are grown on our farm in south Florida.
They are nearly 3 years old about 20 inches tall.
They are sprouting new leaves and will fruit again this growing season. Picture below shows new bud on actual plant for flower that turns into new fruit. Each had less than a dozen fruit with the last fruiting, each new fruiting has many more. All plants will bear fruit.

Simple to grow even indoors with proper soil and some sunlight, can grow well in indirect lighting. Prefers acidic soil and at least 50% shade. Too much sun will burn leaves and is a clear indication that plant wants more shade.

These plants are great investments as once they begin to fruit we have seen 16" plants (3-4 year old) produce 50-110 fruits every 3 months. The picture of the larger plant below is only 5 years old and we just harvested over 160 fruits from this one plant. Few diseases, few pest problems, a nice looking plant and simple to care for. Oh I almost forgot the fruit really can alter your taste for a few hours. We give the fruit to kids and let them suck on lemons. They actually prefer the miracle fruit and lemon to other candy. Now that is a miracle!

We have been growing this type of plant for 5+ years. Need a smaller plant visit us today. For more information look at www.miraclefruit-plants.com
have questions use our site to ask us...Life can be Sweet!

i dont think u'd find me growin these things...

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
LiLWaynE said:
im looking on ebay right now- there is a guy on there who has sold 4 or 5 of these "miracle fruit" plants since september of this year... i cannot see the rest of his feedback beyond that time... he's selling these 20 inch plants for 60 a pop with $18 shipping.... only downside to this guys investment is that it took 3 years for them to reach 20 inches...

heres what it reads

i dont think u'd find me growin these things...

I have noticed that few, outside of agri-business, make much of a living by farming. I don't think someone growing these on a small scale will ever realize a lot of return on any investment. However, if someone genuinely loves to grow plants, but, doesn't grow weed, I can see it's uniqueness as a viable alternative to growing the best tomatoes or chili peppers in town.

At any rate, I don't think you will find me growing these things either. Not because of the relatively little amount of money to be made. But, mostly because I don't have the skills required to grow them, and growing these plants will require some serious skills.

Namaste, mess

Well... I must say that i love rasberries/blue berries, and I want to try to grow them along with this when i get my own house with a big enough area! Would be a fun multi year grow project for an atrium/greenhouse!

SweetRedBerries

messn'n'gommin' said:
I don't have the skills required to grow them, and growing these plants will require some serious skills.
Namaste, mess

Skills? I got some of that, but it mostly will take a sheet of plastic and HOT temps, say 85+

Messn' sinse Ive put them in that humidome sheet of plastic, they've been growing SO fast. I only watered 1 time sinse I transplanted them into those containers. Four gallons of filtered tap, Seaplex and EJ grow. I just pored some on each pot. (keep in mind that there is botanicare Pure and espoma biotone in the soilless) I also dont have any bugs under that plastic, even though they have access. I have some of it held open for some heat to escape.

So HIGH rh, HIGH temps, low pH, and your standard lighting arangments. YOU CAN DOOOOOO EEEEEET!

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
A-Dark-Hollow said:
I pick blueberries for money 1.50 every ten pounds

And the blue fingers? PRICELESS!

And the thought occurs, how much did the guys get paid to fight off the bears?

icon said:
this fruit might be a good idea to give your girlfriend if she's hesatant to eat your load :yummy: :muahaha: just throwing some ideas out there

PERK!!

hmmmmmmmmmmm,

gotta go :muahaha:

hmmmmmmm maybe the neighbor lady would show,,,, never mind.

Last edited:

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
Was rummaging around through some old threads and came across the following. I figure that if you are going to build a greenhouse, you have probably researched it. So, I am not really advocating this particular style, but rather info you can do with as you choose.

“Simple Geodesic “Dome” Design for Farm and Garden,” by I.M. Boggled
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=26889

Namaste, mess