What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yeast has been modified to produce cannabinoids

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been done,, the driving force for big pharma will be gm,, imho,,, because weed has not been subject to gm is the same reason its not hit big pharma just yet,,, but then again Monsanto has already done gm cannabis,, it's only a matter of time

prune

Veteran
This sounds great, nice sourdough sandwich at lunch - BLASTED!, pizza for dinner - wasted!, pussy at bedtime - So Stoned!
:tiphat:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a yeast infection,, it's not yeast that produces cannabis constituents,, lol,, but yeh,, i think it's so they can patent a weed brew

Pretty funny tho

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Really, Monsanto has done gm Cannabis? What fake news story did you get that from?
-SamS

It's been done,, the driving force for big pharma will be gm,, imho,,, because weed has not been subject to gm is the same reason its not hit big pharma just yet,,, but then again Monsanto has already done gm cannabis,, it's only a matter of time

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a very good point,,, unfortunately i think from your reaction alone I am not sure of the sources in the article,,i probably don't need to check,, so I'm guessing it's not been done as of yet?

It's not exactly hard tho Sam,, or is it,, a lil radio,,?

I'm seriously thinking they will definitely do a Japanese pear job on it??

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hay Sam,, did you see the tissue-culture vials I got made up from a lab near me,,, glass,, sterile,,meristem medium semi jelly

troutman

Seed Whore
They already working to GMO bacteria and/or yeast to produce morphine or other opioids.

But I'm not sure if it's commercially viable yet.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:peacock:
They already working to GMO bacteria and/or yeast to produce morphine or other opioids.

But I'm not sure if it's commercially viable yet.

I remember seeing that too,, but as with everything,, an sam rightfully posted,, facts always need to be checked,, so I can't really say for sure if this is correct,, I'd need to check

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really, Monsanto has done gm Cannabis? What fake news story did you get that from?
-SamS

It's not even Monsanto anymore it's Bayer. Monsanto went bust when they was sued..

I read about the Yeast Cultures seems they can bypass the growers now & The edibles are soon coming through on a different delivery system..

As for genetically modified cannabis that's bullshit they/we can't even tell with PCR what gene does what yet..

Cheesegez

This is interesting stuff however , I don't think its limited for big Pharma . E.coli has been used for recombinant engineering since 1978, this is due to its constant haploid state which stops the masking of the induced mutation and its obvious mitosis rates. the hard bit would be identifying the gene that codes for the cannabinoids this may be published in the scientific journals but I doubt it. you create one recombination successfully keep the fucker alive a dividing and it keeps secreting cannabinoids.... this has potential

Cheesegez

It's not even Monsanto anymore it's Bayer. Monsanto went bust when they was sued..

I read about the Yeast Cultures seems they can bypass the growers now & The edibles are soon coming through on a different delivery system..

As for genetically modified cannabis that's bullshit they/we can't even tell with PCR what gene does what yet..

PCR doesn't answer questions though , it just enables amplification of the sequence to compare to a gene bank, shame we have no gene bank .... you could narrow things down by simply comparing CBD strains With THC strains, well sort of :biggrin:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mate dave,, do you remember gypsy asking you to stay out of my threads,, don't make this difficult

Latest posts

Latest posts