What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower

Tdank57

Am having the same problem can't get my seeds to germanate an out of 8 only 2 have made it I've done the paper towel way an stuff still no luck should I plant them straight into the soil an get going from there ? An also just purchased a seedling heat mat

R

Rab.C

do paper towel method again and place saucer on heat pad..i sit mine on cable tv box

green-genes77

Veteran
Heat is often the weak link so you are on the right track. I find the "sweet spot" to be 75 to 80 degrees. Were your seeds fresh and stored well before you tried to pop them?

Tdank57

Yea I tried it again it was some seed my buddy gave from the bay an it germinated I just plant it today but my MSNL don't seem to germanate

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Am having the same problem can't get my seeds to germanate an out of 8 only 2 have made it I've done the paper towel way an stuff still no luck should I plant them straight into the soil an get going from there ? An also just purchased a seedling heat mat
What I usually do with fresh seeds, is to soak them in water with a drop of H202 or Hydrogen Peroxide. This provides seeds with oxygen even if they sink.

I only soak them until they sink, then sow them in either coco coir or fully mycorrhizally colonized soilless mix.

You plant the seeds with the pointy side down and the flat side up, 0.5 cm deep. That way, they don't get lost and they have enough space to break away from the seed shell, which can chafe the stem and slow growth considerably.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Good luck bro! I think if you ask 10 people best germination process, you will get 11 answers :) Find something that works for you and your environment, and stick with it.

scrogrow

Cup of water in your airing cupboard (where ya boiler is/warmest room in the house)

Just throw em in the water leave for 24hr they will split the husk in this time (except for a lot of girl scout cookies seeds and a few others, these might take an extra few hrs)

By the end of 24-36hrs you'll have tap root showing point that downwards in your chosen media

Grow weed

Send me it so I can test it in a very specific cremation ceramony

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Ok am gonna go buy peroxide an try it that way
That's great.

One more point.

You prepare the water by putting the cup with water and H2O2, and the seeds in the same place for a day, so they are exactly the same temperature. This way, you can't shock the seeds with any sudden change in temperature.

That's all fresh seeds need. Good luck, and let us all know how it went. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts