What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Edible dosage for dog?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have one long haired dog that is a real bitch. She does not like for anyone to work on her hair, and bit groomer at least 30 times (he had to wear heavy leather gloves), and I need to bring her again (will not let me trim her privates, and hair is matting).

I ate 5 grams of a cookie, that put me into pretty good mood last night. She is 1/7th my weight. Was thinking of giving her 1/10th what I took. Does that sound reasonable, or should I go 1/20th?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Sounds like maybe she just needs one of those simple mesh muzzles while he is trimming other areas then the face???

That's what I would probably do before getting the dog high on edibles, lol. I don't know your dog though... maybe she could use it. :biggrin:

Good luck my friend! :tiphat:

Loc Dog

Veteran
Sounds like maybe she just needs one of those simple mesh muzzles while he is trimming other areas then the face???

That's what I would probably do before getting the dog high on edibles, lol. I don't know your dog though... maybe she could use it. :biggrin:

Good luck my friend! :tiphat:

Might need to search for other groomers. He is advertised as compassionate groomer, so does not use restraints or tranquilizers. I suggested using one of those plastic cones, which I have, but he does not want to stress her.

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Not sure what kind of dog you have, but those mesh muzzle are totally mellow and non abusive feeling. We use ours from time to time because our dog goes ape shit in drive-thrus of any kind and once in awhile we gotta take her through one. She immediately gets all quiet and ashamed, which hurts my heart a little, but it does calm her ass down when shes loosing her shit. Sounds like you dont have a lot of options right now, so you gotta do what you gotta do.

Here's what I'm suggesting... https://www.google.com/search?q=mes...o4MKHYmJBFAQ_AUIDygC&biw=1640&bih=980#imgrc=_

Loc Dog

Veteran
Not sure what kind of dog you have, but those mesh muzzle are totally mellow and non abusive feeling. We use ours from time to time because our dog goes ape shit in drive-thrus of any kind and once in awhile we gotta take her through one. She immediately gets all quiet and ashamed, which hurts my heart a little, but it does calm her ass down when shes loosing her shit. Sounds like you dont have a lot of options right now, so you gotta do what you gotta do.

Here's what I'm suggesting... https://www.google.com/search?q=mes...o4MKHYmJBFAQ_AUIDygC&biw=1640&bih=980#imgrc=_

I can't believe he does not have one of those. Believe it or not, it is a shih tzu, which can actually be very nasty, especially un-neutered females.

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Oh yeah, I know those dogs. They are a little on the crazy side of the canine spectrum. The unpredictable type. The matting is probably hurting her and making her super uncomfortable, so shes protecting the area from any further pain which is pretty normal.