What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Don't Trust Facebook

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
check it out, a good summery of all the games facebook plays with it's members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=441&v=hDX3T2z89yM

[YOUTUBEIF]hDX3T2z89yM[/YOUTUBEIF]

put this together with the veritas videos about Twitter and how they shadow ban people who believe in god flag and country as well as how they spy on your pms to make a profile about you to sell to the government and anyone else who will pay for it.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"People just submitted it. I don’t know why. They “trust me”. Dumb fucks." -Mark Zuckerberg, in reference to Harvard students signing up for "The Facebook" on campus when it first started.

For the life of me, I can't understand WHY people have flocked to Instagram, whose parent company is Facebook. It just seems IGNORANT, when we already had a community specific platform like ICmag in place that was fully functioning.

GREED - is the only answer. People flocked to where new consumer market places existed. Measured risk vs reward.

ALL the information here at ICmag is a disadvantage to those looking only to sell their flowers in the open market. This is a site full of trade secrets, essentially.

At some point, we lost sight of the base concept - the only way to beat prohibition is to create unlimited growers - and we decided regulation was the finish line and we had won via quasi legalization.

We haven't won anything. Information that was once being shared freely in an open source domain is now being held in the name of market advantage and patents. There still exists platforms on which human beings can be incarcerated for a plant - even in legal states.

WE HAVE SOLD OURSELVES SHORT. We have lowered the bar. We were winning. The government HAD to do something. They tossed us a bone, hoping we'd be happy with 4 plant limits legally, for the sole purpose of gaining some aspect of control again.

We were winning. We sold out and in the process paved the way for mega-corporations to take over the market we've created and sustained.

The shift to Instagram - the move away from an educational platform to a marketing platform - says much more than you realize about the TRUTH of the industry.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The lure of dopamine kicks on IG and FB has drawn from all forums. The key to most successful apps is just this. The deluge of notifications are designed to engage and pop a bit of natural euphoria across the brain.

And it is unmoderated. All the trolls drummed off the forums are alive and well on social media.

Then there is the appeal to idiots. Poorly thought out concepts flourish there, and there is much sexualization of the culture. Many "girls who grow" accounts are nothing more than hired models, not to mention the hordes of "dab sluts" smoking in their bras.

Haven't ever Facebooked but I do puddlefuck around on IG. It is easy to look across the water and see what everyone is up to.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Hey, fuck you guys, I love Facebook... my Facebook stock is up about 30% in 12 months.. LMAO

Facebook.... what a fucking joke. No money. No assets. Ratios worse than most on the market. No way (so far) to make money. Yet, my stock is up so high. Why?

Because the TV told everyone to go to Facebook. Baaaaaaaaaaaa I love it.

Fucking Coke, Ford, Burger King, You name it. They all have the FB logo on their advertising now. Gotta be one of the largest consumer bases in the world. And, they still can't figure out how to make money. LMAO

As long as the TV says they are great....... they are. The Emperor wears no clothes. Nor, does he watch TV. LMAO

As for FB, itself and what it is.... OMG and LMAO. I was a hacker a hundred years ago. When FB came out and I saw what people were posting on there, I thought to myself, "OMG, do you people know how much damage I can do to your lives with the information you are giving me?". I used to try to explain it to people but the wave rolled right over me. LMAO

Still, the American people just love it... Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa sheeple, all gathering in the same pasture. As always. LOL

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Facebook.......Works well for some,Not so well For Others.

A Chick with other people's tax money( 25 different names) in the amount of $375,000 cash posted on facebook and telling the police to catch her and they never will.She has been doing it for 3 years.And they never caught her.Then they did.smh
(sounds so fake eh? fake news)

I left FB for 1 year last Year.Shut it down.Everything Deleted.
Bitcoin was $900..Told everyone,this is it.Goes to $20,000.

Trump was elected.Stock market climbed almost 6,000 points.

Guess what? Got back on Facebook 2 weeks ago and got all my friends back :)

I Delete everything about once every 2-4 years.
I remember a teacher told me that if someone wanted to know more about her
(I was 11 years old and not picking her up like I was at a bar and getting into her pants)
They would have to pay her to write a book.She had to repeat it again.
So in other words,information is private and some folks aren't too keen with it.

FaceBook,,,How not to be A Nerd and Look Cool doing it,Be a Nerd and look cool doing it,Look like a Nerd and not cool doing it....

It's "Family time"

My last warning I got since my last deletion.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
facebook owns the content of your account.
when i learned this i immediately quit, after less than four months.
i left my account open to confound them.
they now own a very small piece of my past.
make bank on that ya fricking thieves!

:moon:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
This forum owns the content of your account.

all forums do take a partial copyright on your content, but IC doesn't troll through your posts and pms spying on you to make a virtual profile about you to sell to advertisers so they can flood you with tailored adds, nor do we sell said profiles to the government, nor do we even read pms. nor do we even keep a log of your ip addies.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Maybe I should have phased that, "All forums where you post own the content of your account".

I wasn't accusing this forum. Just that ALL posts you make on the internet are the property of the site owner (with some exceptions, I'm sure).

And, who knows what the other forum admins and mods are doing.

:)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
just wanted to add; in all the years this site has been around ic never used any members stuff without their permission.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I joined Farcebook under an assumed name, filed under an email of yet another assumed name, they have NO IDEA of who the flock I really am.

the only reason that I joined was, an account enables me to use it as entry to many different sites that either ask for all my data, or join by submitting my Farcebook account.......

vta

Veteran

I joined Farcebook under an assumed name, filed under an email of yet another assumed name, they have NO IDEA of who the flock I really am.

Just think...they know every IP you used to access their site, they know who you are...email addy...if gmail, hotmail, yahoo...or any 'free' service...they got the IP's of every login, again know who you are. They know visitor IP's of popular sites. Search or shop the web? Who knows what deals Facebook has with Internet providers and private websites...services.

It's fucked up...the Internet from the 90's is gone.

Facebook, Google, Twitter...manipulate information...block, segregate and redirect content. Amazon put a mic in millions of homes with Alexia...now they have an alarm clock version...with a camera...pointed at most likely a bed. :woohoo:

Green Squall

Just think...they know every IP you used to access their site, they know who you are...email addy...if gmail, hotmail, yahoo...or any 'free' service...they got the IP's of every login, again know who you are. They know visitor IP's of popular sites. Search or shop the web? Who knows what deals Facebook has with Internet providers and private websites...services.

Facebook, Google, Twitter...manipulate information...block, segregate and redirect content. Amazon put a mic in millions of homes with Alexia...now they have an alarm clock version...with a camera...pointed at most likely a bed. :woohoo:

I'm the furthest thing from a computer whiz, but always make sure to use a VPN that doesn't keep logs. Its the least I can do.

Concerning Alexa, shes eventually going to become sentient and turn on the human race.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

good point, they know the IPs etc, but to get my real name you'd need a warrant of some sort, I'll be calling my provider tomorrow to ask though.

shithawk420

Veteran
If your a legitimate businessman you pretty much need facebook.gotta get your name and business out there to make money.I don't have facebook.but if you wanna make legal money it helps.I don't condone anything they do but everyone is on it and looks suspicious if you dont.