What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

~star~crash~

Into The Darkness

Cinderella's are looking fine today with no noticeable changes other than a slight Ca deficiency which I attribute to the PH swing and over fertilization, they were also nearly pot bound again. I pulled the C99 out and added 40/40/20 OF/Peat/Perlite wednesday so they are in full 12 inch pots now instead of 1/2 full of medium.

Cheers
LT

:) .... i'm sending them good vibes

LostTribe

Premium user
Already at day 3 of 11/13! I am also hoping to find a nice sweet tasting fruity one that leans pineapple. I have been toking grapefruit c99 for far too long.

Dont get me wrong. It still has that classic Cindy Fear to it and a sort of evilness in the background taste just not like the originals. This stuff is old f3 gno3 but when I made them I used all the females except the keeper mom that was super hawaiian punch flavored.

Learned my lesson as I have searched those seeds for nearly a decade without so much as a glimmer that more preferred flavor. Those were the first seeds I ever made. Went through the original bros grimm from HS before I knew what I had.

All 5 males have similar structure but I think they would need to be run out in 12/12 to have a noticeable difference in smell. Not getting much other than skunkiness with the stem rubs.

~star~crash~

Learned my lesson as I have searched those seeds for nearly a decade without so much as a glimmer that more preferred flavor. Those were the first seeds I ever made. Went through the original bros grimm from HS before I knew what I had

this was the classic mistake that everyone made (including myself) my 1st run i f2'd them and did not take clones from the f1...this time ---no:biggrin:

LostTribe

Premium user
Tomorrow I will try to update with some pics I am getting a little bit of stretch already and today is day 4 of 11/13.

The one with the Ca deficiency is showing worse now but trying to let them dry out a bit before I water again as I feel like I have been overwatering. Again, this is my first soil grow in over a decade. The Ca deficiency appears on the lower fan leaves and I have good healthy growth on the top 2-3 nodes.

I was getting low ph 4.9-5.2 and 1450 ppm runoff feeding (400ppm ro+calmag+liquid karma at 6.6ph). I plan to keep watering with straight RO ph'd to around 7.5 to get the ph up and the nutes back down probably atleast through the next week to make sure I don't burn them up.

Also, mix is 40/40/20 ocean forest/peat/perlite with some lime, mexican N bat guano, and Indonesian P bat guano. Seems like the FFOF is throwing me off. I used to mix my own soil but have used the old FFOF from back in the day and it was not the same.

Any suggestions welcome!

~star~crash~

Tomorrow I will try to update with some pics I am getting a little bit of stretch already and today is day 4 of 11/13.

The one with the Ca deficiency is showing worse now but trying to let them dry out a bit before I water again as I feel like I have been overwatering. Again, this is my first soil grow in over a decade. The Ca deficiency appears on the lower fan leaves and I have good healthy growth on the top 2-3 nodes.

I was getting low ph 4.9-5.2 and 1450 ppm runoff feeding (400ppm ro+calmag+liquid karma at 6.6ph). I plan to keep watering with straight RO ph'd to around 7.5 to get the ph up and the nutes back down probably atleast through the next week to make sure I don't burn them up.

Also, mix is 40/40/20 ocean forest/peat/perlite with some lime, mexican N bat guano, and Indonesian P bat guano. Seems like the FFOF is throwing me off. I used to mix my own soil but have used the old FFOF from back in the day and it was not the same.

Any suggestions welcome!

LT----I've essentially been growing "hydro" in a standard wet/dry cycle utilizing independent containers since day#one..pro -mix + an additional 50% of perlite is my medium.. no fancy soil at all...for myself (at least) it always seems to be about dialing in the nutes and environment ...in my world this area always is open for improvement...peace

homebrew420

Good on ya. They all look real healthy. Wish you the best of luck. THat photo is impressive for sure, hope ya find a nice one.

Peace

LostTribe

Premium user
I was considering the 5 males today.

1 looks shorter and has very interesting leaf patterns with very short sharp double serrations. Growth is slower and branching is fairly weak compared to the rest but I just have a feeling about that 1.

2 are similar to my easy growing female in both very short internode spacing, robust branching, vigor and same leaf structure.

2 others are showing leaf patterns like the bros grimm male p.94 pics used for this round. Strong branching with xmas tree growth pattern.

I have 1 male Ace old-timer's purple haze that is pushing pollen in my male isolation chamber right now so trying to decide on the fate of these C99 males. All stem rubs seem to yield the same fragrances sort of a heavy skunk to them all. A bit of skunk without rubbing though but not anything overly obnoxious to worry about. I think my decision will come down to timing and overall structure of the plants. I have my eyes on 2 in particular but should space and time make way all 5 may go all together.

I have 4 different females 2 of which are still small cuttings.

redlaser

Veteran
So hard to choose males without seeing what they can produce. Maybe keep them separate to see what each one can do.
I like c99 quite a lot, have only had the Joeyweed version though. I've made some f2's and have an f1 that's nice. I kept three different pollens from the f1s.

LostTribe

Premium user
So hard to choose males without seeing what they can produce. Maybe keep them separate to see what each one can do.
I like c99 quite a lot, have only had the Joeyweed version though. I've made some f2's and have an f1 that's nice. I kept three different pollens from the f1s.

If the Haze male wasn't blooming now I would have already thrown them into 10/14 to see what comes of them just dont want to chance getting pollen all over the place as I dont want to contaminate. I used to bloom all males together and spray them down daily with water, this is my other option. Certainly not close to culling any of them just yet.

redlaser

Veteran
The F1's of c99 are nice and I wouldn't want to lose the ones I have but to me the f-2's are more interesting to go through. I've gotten mostly very similar results with f2's but about 10% are kind of menthol/camphor smelling, but otherwise o.k.

A couple had about 50% higher trichome coverage but had the camphor smell. I just finished one that looks a lot like the Princess pics posted earlier. It has a lanky look to it, more distance between leaves. And it has the five bladed leaves versus the seven that all my other c99's have.
It had a slightly more sour smell than the f1 c99 while growing, hopefully something worth keeping

LostTribe

Premium user
The F1's of c99 are nice and I wouldn't want to lose the ones I have but to me the f-2's are more interesting to go through. I've gotten mostly very similar results with f2's but about 10% are kind of menthol/camphor smelling, but otherwise o.k.

A couple had about 50% higher trichome coverage but had the camphor smell. I just finished one that looks a lot like the Princess pics posted earlier. It has a lanky look to it, more distance between leaves. And it has the five bladed leaves versus the seven that all my other c99's have.
It had a slightly more sour smell than the f1 c99 while growing, hopefully something worth keeping

I got that "camphor" smell in some f2's and f3's but it seemed to become more prevalent the further away from the f1's you went. Not tasty at all. Still had a good high but was not what I would consider grade A quality bud as that must have ALL of the great attributes, taste, smell, yield, potency, vigor.

Pineapple and fruit punch are what I am after. Fruit punch more so.....

redlaser

Veteran
Camphor and menthol is the best way I can describe that undesirable smell, but it also smells like ruderalis if you've ever smelled that. Doesn't smell like pot at all, might be good for stealth growing I guess.

LostTribe

Premium user
Camphor and menthol is the best way I can describe that undesirable smell, but it also smells like ruderalis if you've ever smelled that. Doesn't smell like pot at all, might be good for stealth growing I guess.

Your description of camphor nailed it spot on! I hadn't been able to precisely describe that instance for many years. Also once those particular camphor plants were bred onward only the camphor would remain in the progeny.

bigbadbiddy

Update on my C99 from peakseeds:
Very close to chop now @~60 days, maybe a few more days.
The center of the top bud is still white as ever, was expecting/hoping that it would change color when she is about to finish.
Either way she is covered and covered in resin, some real Gorilla Glue level type shit right there.
Side buds are twisting over from the weight and are now mostly upside down.
First trichomes appear amber but also still quite a few clear ones, most are solid cloudy now.

What really disappoints me is that it still lacks smell.

When I touch the resin glands and wipe my fingers, I get a loud and pronounced "weed smell" but nothing fruity or extraordinary or anything. Just the classic weed smell.
And if I take my nose to the buds I smell nothing, just grass/earth/plant.

Bit disappointed on the smell, everything else is still phenominal. Going to chop soon and see what dry and cure will bring out smell wise.

The second pheno was already chopped at about 56 days. It was the twofer.
It had a pronounced earthy and carroty smell. Camphor might also fit the bill. But certainly some carroty thing going on there in the background.

LostTribe

Premium user
Update on my C99 from peakseeds:
Very close to chop now @~60 days, maybe a few more days.
The center of the top bud is still white as ever, was expecting/hoping that it would change color when she is about to finish.
Either way she is covered and covered in resin, some real Gorilla Glue level type shit right there.
Side buds are twisting over from the weight and are now mostly upside down.
First trichomes appear amber but also still quite a few clear ones, most are solid cloudy now.

What really disappoints me is that it still lacks smell.

When I touch the resin glands and wipe my fingers, I get a loud and pronounced "weed smell" but nothing fruity or extraordinary or anything. Just the classic weed smell.
And if I take my nose to the buds I smell nothing, just grass/earth/plant.

Bit disappointed on the smell, everything else is still phenominal. Going to chop soon and see what dry and cure will bring out smell wise.

The second pheno was already chopped at about 56 days. It was the twofer.
It had a pronounced earthy and carroty smell. Camphor might also fit the bill. But certainly some carroty thing going on there in the background.

For me atleast, a nice fruity flavor makes a big difference when enjoying burning a big fat number of C99!

LostTribe

Premium user
PIC UPDATE DAY 6 BLOOM

BUSHY FEMALE
picture.php

picture.php

BUSHY FEMALE OTHER LIGHTING
picture.php

picture.php

TALLER FEMALE showing a bit of Ca deficiency still
picture.php

I am happy with the growth so far. They have stretched probably a few inches over the last week but not really that much so far.

LT

Latest posts

Latest posts