What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Decarboxylation occuring in Cow Milk Cannabis Drinks ?

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hello ICMager's

A question that has been always on my mind for a while and i never find any kind of answer to it.

I have experimented many times in my life with cannabis cooking, and cow milk beverages.

Using raw herb, sometimes even fresh, and boiling it into milk (so less than 100C) for about 20 minutes, resulted in very strong beverages ( usually the effect was not as pleasant as properly cooked cannabis though)

I still don't understand, because decarboxylation should theoretically not occur at such low temperatures for such a short amount of heating time. Therefore the beverage should be barely active, and most of the time it is actually pretty strong.

Any hints or ideas ? Is it something in cow milk ? Did anybody successfully made such milk with plants based milks ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !

:tiphat:

Titoon