What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AQUAPONICS,,, Any One? Heres Mine.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
You call THAT grass??? :moon:

I'm not gonna bore Y'all with the sprout pics.

Got the beds torn down to clean, and paint the frame. the next bed frame will be built with treated lumber. I had these studs laying around, so I use them.

I also built My new RDWC Under Current system today.
I patterned it after HygroHybrids system on YouTube.

This system is built using 28Gal. Rubbermaid Brute totes 2" PVC feed lines, Eco633 water pump, EcoAir pump 1/4" air line to round air diffusers. The rez is a 27Gal. tough tote.

Still need to cut lids for the net pots.

The 1/2" return line will get a T, and have capped stubs drilled along the bottom to act as a spray bar.

Air diffusers, 1/4'airline.
I will be running 2, 600w HPS Eye Hortilux over a scrog net 48"x83".

I will be doing a thread in detail on this system/grow, in the appropriate section. I have a lot going on, so it will be at least a month B4 that gets kicked off.

Peace; 1TT

Thx 4 dropping in Nodgman. I would love to see a pic of Your reef tank. I am nearly as interested in the filtration, sump, skimmer, UV light, refugium, Lights, as I am the actual Corals, and other life forms.

Show it off for Us, if You would.

Ok, lets talk plants.
I have seeds a popping. I thought I had the pics ready, but I don't yet. here's a list for now.
Tomatoes: Roma, Big Beef, Cherokee, Purple Riesentraube(giant bunch of grapes)
Peppers: Jalapeno(traveler strain),Chocolate Habanero, Fatali.
Golden Zucchini, Cucumbers: Parade(for spears) Marketmore 76(for slices).
Dill.
Lima bean(Thorogreen Bush), Green Bean(Ky Wonder, pole), Pea(Sugar Daddy).

I dropped 3 of everything, except the Cherokee Purples were from last year, so I put 2 seeds into each Root Riot plug. Of course They all popped giving Me 2 per cube. I figured I would just chop one of them.
I decided instead to try to devide them. I think this is going to workout.
I'll get some pics of the babies, and My efforts to sepperate the Twins up later.

Peace; 1TT
Sure thing i just gotta get a photo of it with no water mark and meta data taken out.

C

CaliGabe

Living in CO now and a few local Tilapia ops I'll be hanging at pretty soon. I can have some fun without doing all the work :biggrin:. If I pick up anything good will post it up.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Cool, CaliGabe. all ways love peep the pics.

Speaking of which,,, I have torn down the beds to clean with vinegar, and prime/paint the rack. I reassembled it today and started on the control barrel. I will get some pics of the beds all painted up, and the cont. barrel cut down. I hope to have it put together, and filled with water for a test run in the garage this weekend.

Peace; 1TT

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I wish I had the room... did floating rafts and biofilter once ,,, horn pout small catfish,,,,might have a chance here to setup a fishpond/aquaponic setup.....breeder steve got me interested long ago...never did it for a full crop of mj just test plants...herbs and leafy stuff did well ,manages a few tomato plants too

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
I am putting this system outdoors to grow Veggies.

I have plans to cut an IBC tote down to hold around 100Gal, and use it as an indoor fish tank for an E n F table to grow Mothers, and veg. in. Eventually I am going to do a full veg. to flower run.

That wont be happening till Winter, after I have a full season to figure out this thing some what.

Peace; 1TT

C

CaliGabe

I wish I had the room... did floating rafts and biofilter once ,,, horn pout small catfish,,,,might have a chance here to setup a fishpond/aquaponic setup.....breeder steve got me interested long ago...never did it for a full crop of mj just test plants...herbs and leafy stuff did well ,manages a few tomato plants too
That's where I think something like aquaponics shines. There's some people I know in Cali working on a CBD experiment for personal use and they want to get into juicing live plants and do some lab testing on changes in physiology. I told them aquaponics OK for veg for leaf material yet if they want to do flowers go with organic in soil. Just the way I would go not saying you can flower out in aquaponics.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
I plan to flower in My Aquaponic systym.
I am looking at running an EBB n Flow table with grow bags of coco/perlite with red wigglers
I am thinking I can top dress with molasses guano's to supplement the ladies flower needs.
Probably going to still get a little more leaf, due to the sustained high N levels through out the whole life cycle.

These are all just thoughts to be looked into, but this is the direction I'm going with it for now. Any thoughts on these ideas are most welcome here. This part of My Aquaponic journey will be moved into the Organic Hydro section later, when I get My vegie garden going.

Peace; 1TT

C

CaliGabe

I am looking at running an EBB n Flow table with grow bags of coco/perlite with red wigglers

I am thinking I can top dress with molasses guano's to supplement the ladies flower needs.

Probably going to still get a little more leaf, due to the sustained high N levels through out the whole life cycle.

These are all just thoughts to be looked into, but this is the direction I'm going with it for now. Any thoughts on these ideas are most welcome here.
If you're running coco/perlite in the beds that might work very well and top dressing kind of makes sense. One thing I would look at is watch water levels of things like N, P, and K when you top dress and see what leaches out. One thing I was looking at was some type of foliar program in veg through early flower as a way to directly feed/support plants.

Kozmo

Veteran
I plan to flower in My Aquaponic systym.

These are all just thoughts to be looked into, but this is the direction I'm going with it for now. Any thoughts on these ideas are most welcome here. This part of My Aquaponic journey will be moved into the Organic Hydro section later, when I get My vegie garden going.

Peace; 1TT

Use air pots over the aquaponic system suing veg and especially flower. Your plants will virtually water themselves and take what they need. The soil will also supplement what flowering nutes they need. Check out Kyle Kush's veganics.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Thanx Kozmo, I'll check that out.
I am busy clearing brush, and junk this week. I hope to put the beds, and Rez. in place this weekend, and by next weekend fish ,and plants. this may take just a little longer get cycled.
Should have an update within the week, with pics.

Peace; 1TT

Kozmo

Veteran
You can get yellow perch in WI. Look around on the web. From what I've found there the what a guy needs.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
The Guy I found to get Chanel Catfish from is only an Hour from Me, and He travels round stocking ponds, or making stops at rural feed stores to meet folks Who only need smaller amounts of fish gave Me a list, and He gets His Lake Perch in the Fall.
It will be late summer B4 I will probably be ready for them any way. I am sure i will be adding a 2nd Rez. It is expensive to ship fish, so i'll just wait until He pays for the shipping, and pay his mark up. I imagine He gets a truck load of them so his shipping is a matter of scale.

Peace; 1TT

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Ok, so I been clearing brush, weed trees and shit I cut down last year, only to let re-grow.
This garden is on the South side of My garage. These pics are coming from My house to the West behind the garage(30'x40').
The concrete slab is at the West end of My property, and is 14' to the South, 10' W to East.
I plan to build a greenhouse over the slab, and another 6'-8' to the East giving Me a 14'x16'-18' GH. the IBC tote is going to be in a shallow pit. One foot will get Me low enough to drain into it. I will be digging a pit 2'deep x5' to East x 10' N. to S. I have a bunch of old nasty panda film that will be put down for weed barrier, then I am going to get a load of river rock. this rock will fill My beds, as well as cover the panda film. The plan is NOT to have to clear a jungle as I expand the GH to the East. The full length of the garage, in the future.

Well things will be picking up around here soon. I have plants ready to go into this thing ASAP.
This is just kinda set out on the slab to give a little prospective to the project. The layout is a work in progress(every thing is subject to change. I am fickle as Hell).

Peace; 1TT

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Got the hole dug for the fish tank this morning. Gonna work on mounting the drain(3"PVC) to the beds tomorrow. I am going to put some used lava rock into the beds, and hook up a pump, and timer. I will top off the beds with river rock, and get things flowing.

This shows how much water that will stay in each bed.

Peace; 1TT

armedoldhippy

Veteran
a local paper had article about aquaponics, & it sounded interesting to me. I have been thinking about something I can do in a greenhouse in my back yard to keep oldest son busy (Aspbergers) & let him make some $ for his time. a question - does the condensate from an A/C contain a % of heavy metals from contact in the unit? at present, I have several gallons a day that merely keeps one side of my yard greener than the other. if it DOES contain heavy metals, I could still use if for irrigating non-consumable plant life like ornamentals, correct? thanks...

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
As far as I Know A/C condensate is pretty much distilled water. If You have a TDS/EC meter it will show the ppm's of dissolved solids in it. If My assertions are correct You should Have very low TDS, or EC readings TDS is Total dissolved solids, and EC is Electrical Conductivity. By low were talking under 50ppm or less.
If its, say 200-300 that still does not have to be Heavy Metals. just your normal lime, calcium and Shit the Water Dept puts in,,, don't get Me started on that.

The project is moving along, but this weekend is a loss cause I been spending a lot of My time crying My Fool eyes out over the loss of My Trucking Buddy Tobias. Toby was a Brittany Spanial 14yrs old. We trucked all over the US for 10yrs B4 He retired to the House due to His shoulders getting bad from jumping in and out of Our trucks through the years, and miles. About 1000000 miles in that 10yrs. The Wife and I drove as a Team for 6-7 of those years. Monday though, it pull Yer bootstraps up and get back to Life.

Peace n LoVe; Twisted