What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Babba's Veggie Garden

GreenMAX

Here is mine daily harvest..
Dnevnabera.jpg

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whooo its been a busy day!! Make a shit ton of salsa!! :dance013:
Well the first batch anyway....going to have to make more as soon as there are more red tomatoes.
Its soooo yummy, like an explosion of flavor in your mouth! :woohoo:

Gardens going strong now!! Lovin all the fresh veggies every night!!

The lastest veggie haul...we have to take a bunch to friends and family, way more then we can eat!

picture.php

Salsa......

picture.php

picture.php

Peace and puffs :D

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Wow, I bet that is some tasty salsa.. wish I was around to sample it. Must be great to be a real life friend of the Babbas!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have made another batch of salsa..the tomatoes are coming on strong now. :dance013:

Hiya RR, good to see ya stopping by! If we get out that way soon we'll bring ya a jar!
Hi Doc! ...thanks again for the support, they have produced a huge amount of squash, I have taken a bunch to work and the ppl there are soooo happy to have such fresh and yummy food!
Hey there snappy! Hope your summers going good. :thank you:

We started with this....

put a bunch of this in it...

MIxed em all up and got this!!

We put a lot more hot peppers in this batch!! whooo hooo its got some FIRE!! :jump:

Have a good holiday folks :D

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
splendid.....indeed....looks like a bountiful harvest and a spicy hot winter for U
excellent....

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
at least a quarter of a million tortilla FB :D

Happy Harvesting Mrs n Mr B :friends:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great images Mrs. B..bright, sharp, colorful, wide angle, you got it all! I envey you guys..we have our share of tomatoes but not enough to do salsa this year. Want some squash..he..he. Happy harvest to you and Babba...DD

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Got 15 pounds out of a 4x4 raised bed, making Carrot soup to jar and save for winter. only picture my lady got before all the chop chop

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Well, just about done pruning my fruit trees, harvesting the field corn today and tomorrow, everything else has been chopped/preserved and cleaned up. My tomatoes are just about finished and I'll collect the greens and ripen them in the garage which should last until late November.

My real interest is if anyone else is going to run winter crops. Ive got my beds ready for the Broccoli, cauliflower, Napa cabbage, Cabbage(Green/purple/red), Bok Choi and Pak Choi. will also be rooting my Rhubarb bed for spring. Anyone else running some thing I've not thought about?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Headband...good to have so much fresh food around, wtg!
Good deal on the winter garden, we get a bit of snow here and without a greenhouse I wouldnt think our veggies would fair well. Would love to have all those fresh veggies all winter tho! You must have a bit of land.
What about onions, can you grow them in the winter?

LesterBangs

Wow, now thats alot of salsa.

I had too much cherries this year, havent made anything out of them since i end up eating them like candy troughout the day. This years favorite must be the black cherry!

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Looking very tasty Mrs Babba, in Oz we are just coming into spring, the days are getting longer and the long hot summer days are ahead.

Some people here are thinking more along the lines of outdoor cannabis grows, me too, but that's not the only thing I'll be growing outdoors this year.

Can't beat the taste of home grown tomatoes, puts the supermarkets to shame. Nothing like walking outside picking fresh herbs, fruit and vegies. Rewarded by your labour...and the taste is of the earth.

Must keep those freaking snails and slugs away though.

When the chance of frost is gone around these parts it's time to plant the food garden.

AN EARLY SEASON PIC FROM LAST YEAR

picture.php

Yummy...this years food crop to follow.

Leeroy&Co:

Awesome thread MrsBabba :wave: got to love a home made salsa!

HC I am constantly strugling with snails too and cant use pellets, have a dog that likes eating things he shoudn't. I'm trialling some chllli and garlic foliar spray soon to see if it put's them off the taste of my plants. I'll let ya know if it works :) or not lol

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Awesome thread MrsBabba :wave: got to love a home made salsa!

HC I am constantly strugling with snails too and cant use pellets, have a dog that likes eating things he shoudn't. I'm trialling some chllli and garlic foliar spray soon to see if it put's them off the taste of my plants. I'll let ya know if it works :) or not lol

There are dog safe baits available. Another alternative is beer...snails love it. Just bury a small cup to level with the surface, fill with beer and the snails crawl in and drown.

Bit of a waste of beer but saves the dogs. Unfortuately my dog likes beer too!

Latest posts

Latest posts