What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fritillary collective organic food seed

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, thanks Darknuggler... the packs missed the Bulk bin and are listed on the main page under recently listed.

RE: FRT Black Twilight : will be included in the next multi-packs ,, to be released at the end of the year. The Mix Pepper pack contains a small % of FRT BT already.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi ya DocLeaf, i grow tomatoes mostly and i'm looking for some new varieties to add to my collection

i have Amish paste(origins from the 1800's supposedly)oxheart, san marzarno black russian and some other large fruit varieties i cant find now

the oxheart last year was my biggest ever with 1 tomato reaching 966grams i'm going to break a kilo this year fingers crossed

do you have any heirloom tomatoes you can send into the bay for me to buy as my seedstock is low as i didnt dry them enough before storing and a lot are moldy

thanks bro
peace

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
966g is some tomato ,, you could make a soup from just one fruit :eek:

fritillary seed collective do keep/maintain an inbred variety of Cherry Tom :D

However , this season we got a few plants that produced larger fruits (more akin to 'Gardener's Delight' variety) than we'd expected... the others were all Cherry type. This could have been the result of a stay bumble-bee from down the road last season,, since every other household that grows their own veggies tend to grow tomatoes (usually Gardener's Delight,, or a Cherry tom variety). For this reason , these seeds are now considered a little 'unstable' for us to release as a homogeneous line yet... basically the line needs more work.

fritillary seed collective are toying with the idea of releasing an "indoor multipack" containing : FRT Black Twilight , Inca Squash (heirloom ibl) , and the Cherry tom. packs in winter ,, ready for next season.

Storing tomato seeds :

We've found the best way of storing tomato seeds is to suspend them in water for a few days to help remove the poisonous green jelly coating. The seeds can be worked gently in the water to help remove the slime.

Then place them out onto some clingfilm / plastic shrink wrap for a few days to dry at 21c.

Once dry the seeds can be dropped into a self-seal baggie and placed into a metal sweet / candy tin until ready for planting next season.

Hope this helps

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Docleaf thank you for the tip on storing the seeds i dint think i washed them enough i think a few still had the green jelly coating on them
oh well the lady that i got them from still has more so i can get them still
it was a huge tomato i thought it wouldn't have had much flavor but it was bursting with juice and flavor 1 slice and it covered your sandwich
Planting my tomatoes here now i hope to get some new varieties soon here is Oz
thanks Doc Peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great work and great idea - i have some banana shallot seeds - they cost me £5 for 10 seeds (great delicacy and rare) when i grew them i left a few till the next year to flower - now i have 100's. PM me if you want some.

just today i collected verbena bonariensis and verbena hastata alba seeds from my garden - with help from my lad ;)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good stuff VerdantGreen :yes: The future of food varieties currently grows in the gardens of homegrowers :canabis:

Please watch ... Codex Alimentarius : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhON1WN48tQ

Codex compliance comes in to action on the 21st Dec 2009... After which the future variety of global food resources and their availability to homegrowers via conglomerate avenues will be reduced!!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This month FRT Veggie Seed Multipacks contain ... Ah Sunflower,, Ah Pumpkin,, Red Popcorn,, Burdock,, FRT Mixed Peppers.

Next month FRT Veggie Seed Multipacks will contain some different seed varieties... FRT Black Twilight,,, FRT Parsnip ,, Burdock,, Ah Sunflower,, Red Popcorn.

:D

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harvesting FRT Black Twilight seeds :

Ripe fruits are first selected....

picture.php

Then the fruits are cut and the seeds removed...

picture.php

The seeds are then dried on tissue paper for a few weeks at 18 - 21c.

picture.php

The spent fruits are pickled in a solution of malt vinegar and chopped mint :D

picture.php

Grow ya own...

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow those are coooool doc!
they look a little like radishes...thanks for sharing
You eat them like olives or whatever...appetizers or use them in cooking?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Mrs B :wave: :D

Yeah,, I like to trick people with them as appetizers before spicy food :eek: Even if ppl have eaten them before they just cant help themselves and try one. Otherwise, yes,, we add them to the base of jambalaya, curry, and stir-fry mostly either fresh or pickled. A couple of pickled fruits heats about x4 ppl in a dish.

Origin : Mexican x Hungarian :bandit: / :smoke:

Originally the Mexican fruits were multi coloured, but we isolated the purple aspect as and when the Hungarian black genetics were introduced. Last season and this season the genetics were inbred.

Peace n flowers all

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New variety Released Today... :dance:

FRT - Black Twilight : Capsicum annuum 'Black Twilight'

We've decided to put x20 seeds into each packet :D

picture.php

maryjohn

Veteran
Don't mean to offend but I went to get your seeds and they were priced like illicit botanicals. 30$ is my entire seed budget for a season.

Want to trade for some white eggplant instead?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi maryjohn

On face value,, $30.00 per multipack of veggie seeds does seem expensive.

However , there are several reasons why the price is set as such:

- seedbay usually facilitate cannabis genetics, not veggie seeds online.

- seedbay have kindly agreed to supply FRT Veggie Multipacks to veggie homegrowers , who are beyond the fritillary seed collectives reach.

- the price covers the separate postage cost involved seedbay end.
(all FRT Veggie Multipacks are sent separate because they are bulk items)

- all genetics are tried and tested landrace or ibl (inbred) varieties and have been cultivated organically and sorted by hand.

- growers can easily make their own seeds from fritillary seed lines and have free seeds then forever after because they are IBLs (see above).

---

FRT Veggie Multipacks contain 70+ seeds in total. Thats $0.40 per seed (approx.). Here;s some ratios of seed to food return.

x1 Ah Pumpkin seed yields between 3 - 10 fruits depending on growing method. The larger fruits weigh 1kg+ each. These give food and lots of seeds for sharing and growing the following season. After x5 seeds then the original cost of 40cent per seed, has been recovered, with seeds to spare.

n.b the cost of postage and packaging, and the environmental impact of FRT Veggie Packs are kept to a minimum. (we hope growers will reuse the baggies and labels the following season when harvesting their own seeds!!! please).

In purchasing these seeds homegrowers are supporting seedbay and homegrowers like yourselves.

In the future we will look to include more seeds from this season in each multipack so that homegrowers get an even better deal.

Hope this helps

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fritillary seed is all about the genetics,, not the labels...

.. we'd like to think that growers are investing in the future,, by becoming seed guardians themselves.

pm me up maryjohn,, there's many ways of participating,, on both a local and a global level.

peace n flowers

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
no offense docleaf
but i am lmfao here that you are actually selling burdock seeds
talk about one helluva weed
that stuff probably already grows any place you could cultivate it
but it is delicious

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
None taken... FRT are seed guardians,, :D

In the past many ppl have aked about these seeds. So we've made them available for ourselves and others to cultivate and enjoy :D

Yes. Burdock can be found in the wild and is cultivated easily at home. Burdock will grow feral on most soil sites once seeded plants are established. However, the roots grow better when cultivated in light free-draining soils that are well fed. Roots are then harvested in Spring,,, or,,, seeds are harvested in the 2nd season in autumn.

At fritillary we only source seeds from the healthiest and most productive plants.

Hope this helps