What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

31 foot corn!

Z

Zeinth

yes..the record is 31 feet.

Someone i know has a 24 foot corn tree..and its still growing...doesnt even have a tassle...or ears yet!

wow..she said guiness world book is comming out august when its 30 feet.

heres some pics..

Attachments

• 0 003.jpg
    0 003.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 16
I have a new mission in life! How the eff...need to know the variety on that. I have a ten foot corn stalk! Hey, its a start.

Hickory King (or Cane) and Olaton Gigante seem to be the favorite giant varieties...kernels the larger than a nickel on the Olaton. I need those...

Z

Zeinth

?

?

guess ill get some from top to bottom...dont know thr strain...

better yet..lets see what guiness world records say next month.

:yeahthats

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
we will be back for the whole pics also, saw one a good 12 feet +, but pushing 30, that is something,

peace. canna

Z

Zeinth

we will be back for the whole pics also, saw one a good 12 feet +, but pushing 30, that is something,

peace. canna

ok...i said 22 ft..now..no tassle...no ears.. the person is trying to brake THE WORD RECORD.....that IS 26 FT TALL...WITH THE ROOTS 31.

THIS CORN HAS NOT..NOT BROKEN THE WORLD RECORD YET.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
That is crazy. You should convince her to let you grow a plant in the same spot next year

Corn really depletes nutrients in soil, after a crop of cornmost growers leave it fallow for a year or two, or have to work serious compost/nutes back into it. Corn sucks for hobby growers IMHO.

Z

Zeinth

?/

?/

wait...forgot to tell u how this corn is growing....

its called hydrojet hydroponics....soiless medium.

there is a 25 gallon container buried 3/4 of the way of a 5ft deep coco..perlite/vermiculite...its also covered so light refects from the bottom.

using pure nitrogen in a super jet spray 4 times a week then add 2600pm of nitrogen/micronutes...

YA..I think any..any plant will grow to its phenotype maxium.

H

h^2 O

i bet there's a bunch of hobos buried there.
seriosuly though that's awesome. Do you know what strain that is?

Z

Zeinth

this new type of hydroponics...is awesome.

it uses a spray jet that creates oxygen in the medium...then nutes are put in...causing huge growth..cant wait to perfect this new hydrojet hydroponics.

i will see if this works for other plants...hhmmm.