What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do I dry my buds if the air is too wet?

ChenBenTz

The humidity is apparently too high around here.

So much so that if I take buds that were oven-dried and just place them outside, they'll start to feel wet again.

Is there a way I can properly dry my buds?

Thanks.

Put a fan blowing strongly on them.

Also dry them in your grow room where it's lower humidity and warmer.

Don't be afraid to put them in the sun a bit, just for a little while; best to do this later in the drying stage, when you take them out of the jar and they have sweated and are damp again.
Take them out and put them in the sun till the outside goes crispy again, and then back into the jar.

I would only recommend this usually if you have to have them dried by a certain time, otherwise just dry them in front of a fan.

ChenBenTz

Fans don't work. I tried it for days.

Dehumidifiers cost >$400 where I live. I could order one from Amazon, but it won't be here in time for this grow.

The only thing that works is turning on the AC to heat the room and then, the buds become crispy dry within half an hour.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Been there it's pretty tough and there isn't much you can do other than keep your product in a place that is consistently more dry than how dry you want your buds. Dehumidify the room, or you can slow whatever method your using that dries it so fast with paper bags, boxes, etc.

iwantmorebuds

Put them in a paper bag or cardboard and use the fan this way so it can dry slowlier. If its getting dry too quick put them in a jar and wait until its wet again than do it again.
Or how others said use your growbox

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
No one wants crispy buds.

I use a beverage cooler, paper bagged yield has a somewhat isolated
environment from a moist room.

Much similar to a jar, but more control, in my opinion.

A hygrometer is essential, natch.

Paper bag or cardboard works but dont stuff to much in each. Dehumidifer works well if you have good knowledge of how the buds should look day to day drying. My vote is dehumidifer for large op or if you have the cash/experience to throw on it. The dehumidifer will turn your buds into hay if your not careful/experienced so research and be careful. Both ways should work but if you have good air circulation/not so bad humidity you might be able to get away with just plain old air movement.

the knowledge that you gain through trial and error/success/research is very valuable so make sure you pay good attention during drying/curing it can really screw up or make the buds 100%. Itll get alot easier with time. good luck

Muleskinner

Veteran
I'd try silicon desiccant packs in the jars with the buds. The one time I tried it I was shocked at how fast it dried out the buds. I put a couple large packs in a 1-quart jar and it over-dried them by the next day when I checked it again.

I've used those too in a pinch and they worked great. See if you can get your hands on some..probably cheap and locally available on the quicks.. just keep a good eye on the buds like muleskinner said. still better then mold either way though.

Latest posts

Latest posts