What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Re-veg problem

C

chris harris

8 weeks re-veg. 2 are doing fine, the one in the middle just doesn't want to turn around. Lots of white roots so it's health enough. 24/7 light, veg nutes. Time to throw in the towel? Any ideas to try and force it. ?

picture.php

WelderDan

Veteran
Cannabis is an annual. It's natural inclination is to die. Re-veg isn't natural. You are asking the plant to do something it doesn't do normally.

That said, give it a little more time. It's a resilient weed.

C

chris harris

Thanks for the reply. Kinda thought after 8 weeks, there would have some kind of new growth, a nub, something. It just seems stuck. Have had problems with re-veg before. Trimmed the root balls this time, and re potted, thinking it might help develop new roots, hence new growth. Seems to have helped. I hate re-veg, but lost my cuttings, so wanted to try.

WelderDan

Veteran
You could try to take a couple of the nugs off the one that isn't coming back and try to root them. It would increase your chances of saving that plant.

You can't really do much more than you've done already.

Fuel

No night is the way. 24/7 have non sense both in vegetative stage and for regen.

It take me an average of 3 weeks to restart a cut.

- unbalance your nutes to add more N for them and stay low on K(read the stickers %).
- too many flowers, not enough big leaves. I can say that the twos clones restarted in these conditions are very strong babies. congrat them lol
- the light density is the main key of the regen speed. I use 1Kw/sqm to regen in good conditions.

C

chris harris

No night is the way. 24/7 have non sense both in vegetative stage and for regen.

It take me an average of 3 weeks to restart a cut.

- unbalance your nutes to add more N for them and stay low on K(read the stickers %).
- too many flowers, not enough big leaves. I can say that the twos clones restarted in these conditions are very strong babies. congrat them lol
- the light density is the main key of the regen speed. I use 1Kw/sqm to regen in good conditions.

Bumped my "N" up 25% awhile ago. Thanks for the suggestions.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some varietals don't reveg worth a damn...

I attempted 7 plants from a TDS variety & actually have managed to keep 3 alive.

I'm guessing that once you pass a certain point in a plants life they won't come back at all.

C

chris harris

Hey thanks for the reply. I kinda suspect the same thing as you. Gonna let it hang in there for awhile, then cull it. Don't think it's coming back, but we'll see. 2 out the 3 won't be too bad.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Try giving regular doses of root stimulant, this sends a hormonal message to plant central that new veg growth is needed

You don't say what media but Bio Bizz Root Juice has a growth hormone in it

C

chris harris

Thanks, I'll try that. I trimmed root ball, and repotted after harvest, hoping to stimulate new roots, and re growth. Growing in soilless ( promix).

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Too, it's more difficult once it finished bud cycle to rebirth. Can be done....it's just more of a challenge. Like other poster mentioned, trim off bud to induce vegetation with more nitrogen. They can come back, but not as robustly as original plant. And true what MJ said...some just don't want to reveg.