What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Boron deficiency? Burmese kush

Sp1232

Hi i have a friend who is currently in week 5 of flower with 2 burmese kush and he is experiencing a browning of the inside of some leaves on some of the budsites of 1 plant but the other plant has not been affected, here are some pics any help would be appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• 20170107_113110.jpg
    20170107_113110.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170107_113103.jpg
    20170107_113103.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170107_113054.jpg
    20170107_113054.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 6
It does look micro nutrient related. Is a lot of the damage occurring at the top portions of the plant? If it is, that's a good indication of micro nutrient problems.

What nutrients are you using? I'd stay clear of them next round :)

Sp1232

Hi thanks for reply if its nutrient problems why is it only affecting one plant they are both the same strain on same amount of nutrients he has been using using canna terra vega and terra flores with fox farmz open sesame beastie bloomz and cha ching it has been affecting various budsites on one plant including the main cola

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Boron defency is pretty rare, by my understanding. Only indoors & only when using RO.

Have you checked your soil pH?
I'd imagine that plant is suffering a lockout issue causing all kinds of weird symptoms.

Sp1232

Thanks for the reply im not sure what it could be but he doesnt check his soil or nute ph he just uses tap water left for 24 hours in a bucket only 1 of the plants has been affected do you think it will affect the overall product of that plant

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the reply im not sure what it could be but he doesnt check his soil or nute ph he just uses tap water left for 24 hours in a bucket only 1 of the plants has been affected do you think it will affect the overall product of that plant

If the plant looks significantly different I would expect them to smoke different also.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If a B deficiency is present a pinch of Borax should fix it. But be aware that B is also toxic at small doses as well. It is one of the rare elements that plants can absorb directly without microbial uptake first.

A pinch is just that...
Closed thumb & pointer finger, then pinch a very tiny amount & disolve in H2O.

Latest posts

Latest posts