What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The CannaBunker Begins

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
When I'm lacking motivation or feeling lazy I'm going to visit your thread to kick my ass back into shape!

LOL, I just thew away a bunch of 4" tubes that I had arranged in a stadium style grow, recently just switched to all trays. Hope these work out well for you, I'm sure the 6" ones have a bit more space in em.

It is fun to see the progress so fast, got to make you feel good to have come so far!

Alright, lets see a canopy shot!

Good luck, peace

When I was starting the thread, I had thought about naming it the, "Laboratory Grade, Half a Hundred Thousand MMJ Facility" thread. Seriously though, THAT thread made me randy. Half a million??? With all of those beautiful white trays, and rows of 1000 watters as far as the eye can see. I'd assume that trays have their own set of difficulties, but they do look nice and easy to run.

Tubes on chains are great if you're rust-cursed with less space than you had planned for.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
It's not completely up to date, but I wanted to show how the 3 ventilation ducts were situated. There are 2 under the porch, and one that vents into the house.

EDIT - Sorry, OS crashed, and these didn't seem to get uploaded. I'm about done posting pictures of the build, and I'll start uploading pictures of the plants as soon as I get all my apps reinstalled.

I lost these two pictures, I'll try to replace them later.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Okay, I'm back. The next two sets of pictures are of a mini-project. I made a drying tent with a built in hygromoter. I wanted to show this now, since I've already taken tihs out of the room. I needed some extra space, and I kept on hitting my head on the corner. I decided that storing anything in the bunker is a bad idea. Simple is better, less clutter is great.

It was a decent idea, just not enough room to be practical. I think a closet with the hygrometer installed to vent and scrub wet stinky air would do a better job, and it would hold more.

If it's not clear by the pictures, the drying tent is collapsable, and tucks away almost overhead.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I added a net shelf to hold all of the amputees. The second shot is of the hygrometer attached to the top inside of the tent. The fan pulls air through the slotted bottom, and then out of the top. I found a setting of about 60% makes sure that the buds don't get completely dried out.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Here's one of the benefits of using air-cooled glass shielded lights. Instead of covering your plants with glass and heavy metals, it all gets contained inside. Slide the glass out, catch all the pieces, and screw in another bulb.

There's a random bubble hash picture there, sitting on the window frame.

The last two show the flowering room's reservoir. It's a 64 gallon res, but the system can hold twice that, when all of the individual buckets are full.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
EDIT - I was just informed that I forgot to explain this set.

The green thing is a clay extruder. It comes with a bunch of different metal disks that you put in the business end to get... ummm, it's just like a playdough fun factory. That was easier.

Well, I was pointed to this as a cheap hash press, but I think the brilliance of this tool shines when you use it to dose hash oil. I like to mix my QWISO oil with keif until it gets somewhat less sticky. Then I load it into the extruder. I know that half a turn is enough, and a full spin of the handle is more than enough. After the hash "rope" has been extruded, I coil it up in a bowl, and smoke away. With more surface area to burn, the hash doesn't smolder as much.

I only had 3 pictures of the extruder, the last 2 are random shots that didn't fit anywhere.

I noticed something interesting about a leaf that I cut into by accident. The leaf turned a nice pretty purple after the point that was cut.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Here are some shots from the mother room. The first is my only soil grow, and it's my Green Crack mother plant.

The second plant is my Godbod x Afghani Dream plant.

The third plant with the orange toothpick is GHS Trainwreck.

The blue is GHS El Nino.

The last plant is an example of some extreme pruning to create a nice wide and short bushy mother plant. That sounds disgusting...

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Here's a decent shot of the mother room. I was worried that I didn't take any pictures before I gutted it and started from scratch.

The 3rd picture is GC, 4th and 5th are GHS Cheese, and the 6th is GHS Lemon Skunk.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Some clones in the 1st, an army of Green Crack Clones ready to flower, a fat fingered TW, more clones, a shot of the new timer controlling the new pair of lights.

I love those little fat fingers on the TW. They're so cute!

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
The 1st four pictures are of a plant I grew from a bean in some west coast Blue Dream. I'm still trying to re-veg her so I can take some clones.

There's the GC mom in the 5th shot.

The 7th is of the next generation of GC clones.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
And here we go. This is my 1st batch of Green Crack. I'm only running 4 lights here. I made sure to trim the lower canopy. I had plenty of room to work with, adding the new pair of lights changed that.

Nice big rootmass in the shape of a bucket.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I have a filter set on my camera to cancel out the yellowness of the HPS lights. I forgot to turn it off here, hence the blue pictures. The 1st two shots show some training I did.

The PVC frame has drywall screws every 6" to allow me to wrap some heavy 50 lb. fishing line around them to form a lattice to hold the plants. I found that tying down the plants was not really necessary. I found later on that I could let the plants flop from the weight of the buds onto the lattice. This way I could re-arrange the buds for optimal light exposure.

The buds in the last shot are about two weeks in.

Has anyone noticed my fetish with chain? It gives me a stiffy.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I tried to use some DJ Short True Blueberry pollen to make some Green Crack x TBB beans, but unfortunately the pollen was too old, and not viable.

More flowering pictures, they're from inbetween week 3 and 4.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
It's a little hard to see, but I decided to do some X-Treme pruning on one plant to see how far I could take pruning leaves. The more big fan leaves you remove, the more light lower buds can get. I basically tried pre-manicuring the buds on one plant. They did a lot better than I thought they would, but they still produced smaller buds. Lesson? Don't remove any leaf with trichomes on it. Big fan leaves can go, but leave it at that. Ha!