What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why is THC % in weed is still misrepresented ?

lol

lol

The reason it doesn't make sense is because you invent things that don't make sense, unlike my sensible explanation that literally cannot be simpler. There is no law saying the test percentage has to represent the dry weight of the entire plant grown outdoors, that every 100 mg portion of the sample has to be the same. Believe it or not.

that's very unclear
the thc percentage are based on the oils extracted during sampling. the leaf matter is removed . the resulting thc percentage ( thca and thc) is based on the oil sample not the leaf. nor does it give a ratio of oil to plant . a higher thc % sample may be from a lower thc content bit with a higher oil % .
THIS IS A QUOTE FROM THE LAB
Below the HPLC chromatograph are two charts that highlight the cannabinoid potencies of your product. The first chart identifies cannabinoid concentrations (Fig. 3). As you can see, the delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) level is 24.64 per cent (the product sample analyzed in this example is a cannabinoid extract, so the concentrations are much higher than what would occur in dried flowers).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201114-035611_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114-035611_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 20

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
If the labs were to do the same math and tell us the percentage in the product not the extract, I could exploit that. Telling me the percentage in the extract is more viable, though certainly has 99% of us deluded.

How to cheat:
Extract oil from one sample, and while still suspended in the solvent, slowly drip this on to a second sample. The solvent will evaporate away, leaving the first samples oil on the second sample. Hey Presto, my second sample has twice the oil content when it goes to the lab.
Now, that's twice the oil viewed from this logical standpoint of wanting to know the content of the entire sample. However, the % in the extracted oil stays the same. My little trick has produced weed twice as strong in laymans terms but that lab report remains unchanged.

There should be two results on that report we are looking at. One is a ppm like result which we are being presented with. The other a total count which is what people think they are getting but is easy to manipulate as I outlined above.

OP, as you have had these reports done, can you show us one? I have never had one in hand to read it for myself. Making a true judgment of the situation difficult.

Veggia farmer

Why are people still obsessed with THC percentage?

Atleast my obsession is linked to the math and I have a big hang that it needs to be right, atleast to a certain degree so we get in the right direction. So, not so much about most THC. Havent used a scope in years too. I want my stuff almost eveytime "the most ripe" I get before it goes down... And that defination is subjected to me as a person.:plant grow:

What would be really awsome and what I look from the other perpectiv would be resin content measurement.

When I by seeds, I dont give a F whats in the secret recipe of the plant. Its a lot and I dont know shit about it, too complicated to get to know all parts, but it is interessting:p But I would like to know how much HASH do I get, LOL.:good:

EDIT: If X% THC is in the resin compared to other tissues in the flower, and X amount of THC is in the flower as total. Then I would have the opportunity to calculate how much hash I would get in comparison to the different strains.

:laughing:

Last edited:
will pay

will pay

If the labs were to do the same math and tell us the percentage in the product not the extract, I could exploit that. Telling me the percentage in the extract is more viable, though certainly has 99% of us deluded.

How to cheat:
Extract oil from one sample, and while still suspended in the solvent, slowly drip this on to a second sample. The solvent will evaporate away, leaving the first samples oil on the second sample. Hey Presto, my second sample has twice the oil content when it goes to the lab.
Now, that's twice the oil viewed from this logical standpoint of wanting to know the content of the entire sample. However, the % in the extracted oil stays the same. My little trick has produced weed twice as strong in laymans terms but that lab report remains unchanged.

There should be two results on that report we are looking at. One is a ppm like result which we are being presented with. The other a total count which is what people think they are getting but is easy to manipulate as I outlined above.

OP, as you have had these reports done, can you show us one? I have never had one in hand to read it for myself. Making a true judgment of the situation difficult.
hello
so that an awesome idea .
I have been offering to pay for anyone's test we can post online .the results as well as the process .
Now also, you say you add more oil? how is it you do your own lab sample prep ?

I agree

I agree

Atleast my obsession is linked to the math and I have a big hang that it needs to be right, atleast to a certain degree so we get in the right direction. So, not so much about most THC. Havent used a scope in years too. I want my stuff almost eveytime "the most ripe" I get before it goes down... And that defination is subjected to me as a person.:plant grow:

What would be really awsome and what I look from the other perpectiv would be resin content measurement.

When I by seeds, I dont give a F whats in the secret recipe of the plant. Its a lot and I dont know shit about it, too complicated to get to know all parts, but it is interessting:p But I would like to know how much HASH do I get, LOL.:good:

EDIT: If X% THC is in the resin compared to other tissues in the flower, and X amount of THC is in the flower as total. Then I would have the opportunity to calculate how much hash I would get in comparison to the different strains.

:laughing:
I think that is a excellent idea ..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last time I had a potency test done they only needed 2.5 grams. I know getting results that are consistent never happened. We ranged from 15-25% from the same plants grown the same way. Others growing my clones hit 39% total cannabinoids no clue how there doing #'s like that?. It all seemed sketch to me. 1 bong load will tell ya if its good weed.

faulty test

faulty test

Last time I had a potency test done they only needed 2.5 grams. I know getting results that are consistent never happened. We ranged from 15-25% from the same plants grown the same way. Others growing my clones hit 39% total cannabinoids no clue how there doing #'s like that?. It all seemed sketch to me. 1 bong load will tell ya if its good weed.

if they are getting hplc then they are exaggerating. 39 % is unlikely. I have read 30% and even then there are issues with water movement when one substance starts to dominate.
also if they are using anything but a hplc they are probably wrong.
there is a FRAUDULENT device called a TCHECK it claims to be a spectral analyzer but what is actually is is a VOC meter meant for checking for swamp gases in basements or gas leaks. it shines a light an if there is gas the light is distorted or blocked and a reading is given. nothing more .
now the TCHECK does this "CHECK" and sends the data to the main computer at the company. it "decides" your weed is one particular strain ( based on ad accurate test as a ECmeter reads salts . not individual but as a whole)
so now the company TCHECK sends you a PRE MADE description of what the weed is supposed to be . NOT a test on YOUR sample but a form letter based on their analysis using essentially a flashlight.

lol

lol

Because weed aint tobacco.
All the money in the world and all the scientific power combined won't change that.
And if u read my posts i support your claim to a certain degree and i only question generalisation as an argument.

If u can't stand being criticized don't post online.
you need to read ...you really do....
the post is about thc content being
increased
the analogy was about multi billion dollar industry not being about to Increse a similar compound.
BOTH ways use greger mendles law of hereditary breeding if not done by gene splicing
you need to read more .
there is nothing unique about weed .
I think you are thinking of some marijuanna mysticism that creeps into people and they forget marijuanna is just another plant....no big deal .

G.O. Joe

Veteran
THIS IS A QUOTE FROM THE LAB
Below the HPLC chromatograph are two charts that highlight the cannabinoid potencies of your product. The first chart identifies cannabinoid concentrations (Fig. 3). As you can see, the delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) level is 24.64 per cent (the product sample analyzed in this example is a cannabinoid extract, so the concentrations are much higher than what would occur in dried flowers).

SO WHAT

Have you taken this up at chromforum? I'm curious how they'd handle you - my guess is no responses. It's an interesting psychology and time-wasting demonstration you've got going on here though, the whole forum distilled.

?

?

SO WHAT

Have you taken this up at chromforum? I'm curious how they'd handle you - my guess is no responses. It's an interesting psychology and time-wasting demonstration you've got going on here though, the whole forum distilled.
so I have absolutely no idea what you are saying..

G.O. Joe

Veteran
People will believe anything if someone tells them it's true. What was the average THC% in the WEED in the country of your quote, at the time of the quote?

People will believe anything if someone tells them it's true. What was the average THC% in the WEED in the country of your quote, at the time of the quote?

hmm , so, I am still not sure what you mean....
the avg is probably 15% to 20% thc on plants that contain 10 to 20% resin

chilliwilli

Waterboy
you need to read ...you really do....
the post is about thc content being
increased
the analogy was about multi billion dollar industry not being about to Increse a similar compound.
BOTH ways use greger mendles law of hereditary breeding if not done by gene splicing
you need to read more .
there is nothing unique about weed .
I think you are thinking of some marijuanna mysticism that creeps into people and they forget marijuanna is just another plant....no big deal .

Whatever

picture.php