What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So, where did the different human races come from?

gladysvjubb

Veteran
If you have an intelligent answer please post.
If not it just goes to show where you are on the "evelutionary scale."

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Do we really need a race thread?

Homo sapiens likely evolved in Africa. We are all one race. There are just differences in skin pigmentation and some features.

T

Teddybrae

(It's 'evOlution'.) I 'm mixed race. Half Scot half English. My Dad was mixed race. He was half Irish half English. That makes me a double Celt. I have 'the Second Sight'. No one believes me tho'. I see right through them of course!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- well - all the paleontological anthropologists that I regularly hang out with (not) - seem to think that our very closest ancestors - from other species - are these two culprits -

picture.php

rolandomota

Yup evolution survival of the fittest migration settlements time and distance from each other then coming together war disease and most of all I think time and looking for food how you get your food is important
I was wondering that you can map the history of the world by looking at the different populations and regions on Earth and supposedly we all did come from two humans in Africa it's been proven through genetics they weren't the only humans we just are all somehow related to these two humans crazy huh all 7.594 billion we're like the biggest ant pile ever

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Bonobo's are more sexually/caring orientated and usually have a more matriarchal societal structure - The Chimpanzee's are more violent and male dominated - it always makes me wonder about what sort of mix of the two I am -

picture.php

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
if you mean the aesthetic features which we arbitrarily use to vaguely categorize modern humans, well i believe the prevailing explanation is an environmental one.

we whities didn't need the large concentration of melanin to protect us from the sunlight's most damaging wavelengths as we moved further from the equator, and likely also benefitted from more transparent skin for vitamin d synthesis.

just one example.

*edit*

looks like europe being predominantly populated by whities was a fairly recent development, relatively

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/04/how-europeans-evolved-white-skin

chilliwilli

Waterboy
(It's 'evOlution'.) I 'm mixed race. Half Scot half English. My Dad was mixed race. He was half Irish half English. That makes me a double Celt. I have 'the Second Sight'. No one believes me tho'. I see right through them of course!

I would call u british but thats just me.

therevverend

Veteran
Where did the different human races come from?

Humans left Africa so recently and we reproduce so slowly we haven't had time to break off into meaningful sub species. Different African groups are actually further apart genetically then Europeans, Asians, Austronesians, and Native Americans are from each other and East African groups. In other words if we were to break humans up into groups by how long ago they split there'd be a bunch of different 'races' in Africa then a few others from the rest of the world.

As to why there's different tribes and groupings of people around the world. When populations of a species are separated their genes stack up mutations that cause small differences over time. Some of which are beneficial while others are not. This is why Tibetans store more oxygen in their blood or tropical ganja types flower slower then strains from temperate areas. You can see this in all sorts of plants and animals.

One other thing you don't hear much about is how much back crossing has gone on in human history. Some black people believe they're more advanced, more 'human' because Europeans and Asians have a bit of Neanderthal genes and Africans don't. This isn't true, Africans also have Neanderthal genes. Less then Europeans but still around 1-1.5% of their genes. The reason is that there have been many migrations back to Africa. There was an especially big one when domesticated cattle were introduced to Africa. Along with the cattle came cowboys and the cowboys were white, a few of their genes are still there in African populations.

My own theory is that Neanderthals weren't primitive at all, they were in fact superior to humans in many ways. They were superbly adapted to Ice Age conditions. Their brains weren't smaller then ours. They were stocky with huge muscles, they must have had great leverage if that makes sense. When humans moved into Europe from Asia and Africa the Neanderthals disappeared because there were so many more humans. They ended up like a drop of water in a river. It wasn't necessarily because the humans were 'better'.

Now it seems normal that there's only one type of 'human' but this wasn't the case through most of our development. After the human/chimpanzee split there were quite a few other human lines that developed. When anatomically modern humans appeared there were 5 or 6 other types of 'proto-humans' besides Neanderthals. Didn't take long for them to go extinct after we came around.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Well darn it...

I saw the title of this thread and thought this was gonna be about things like the Boston Marathon, Indianapolis 500, Tour de France, Talladega, and Le Mans.......

You know; there's so many different human races...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I told you in the other thread, Noah saved two of each.

two of each is an evolutionary dead end full of genetic disasters...much like royalty in Great Britain & much of Europe. thank God they quit marrying each other & started bringing in new gene lines...stupid fucks were inbred like dogs, with much the same results starting to show.

El Timbo

we whities didn't need the large concentration of melanin to protect us from the sunlight's most damaging wavelengths as we moved further from the equator, and likely also benefitted from more transparent skin for vitamin d synthesis.

Although traditional coastal populations in the north and far north are often darker skinned because they get their vitamin D from oily fish.