What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pineapples Oaxacan Thread

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Hi everybody, i thought it's time to make a new Thread, as my Hawaiian Sativa Thread feels old and outdated and was mixed with all kind of stuff.

This Thread will document my Oaxacan projects.

Recently i've started a CBG Oaxaca79S1 project, a few months ago i received 10 Seeds from someone in California who got them from Charlie Garcia in 2015, from the 10 Seeds 2 were crushed, so i had 8 left to work with. From the 8 only 1 survived, the rest simply not have started to grow their tap root and died soon after.

The one survivor now seems happy and makes progress daily, but compared to fresh not inbred lines it's slower as usual, but it's ok, i can wait.

The first step will be to let her grow big enough to take clones and hold bonsai moms. On the second step im not completely sure, if the one survivor is stable in sex i would like to directly cross her with Vermontmans Oaxaca79Skull. But i've the feeling it will be not completely stable in sex, that would be too much luck at once.

So probably the next step would be to make some S2's of the CBG Oax79S1 and look through them to find a healthy stable plant with a nice quality. On the one survivor i can already see some little mutations. Think the chance is there to still find some variation in the S2's to select from. It's very important for me to have a stable sex plant to start to work with.

If i have a good stable CGB Oaxaca79S2 plant i can progress with my work, selecting one or more stable Oaxaca79Skull males to make the first cross.

I really like Vermontmans Oaxaca79Skull line, it's unique and has a great quality when it comes to effect, flowering time and yield. The flowering time is around 10-12 weeks, would say more around 12 weeks. It has a nice old school smell, like a perfume for old men, like walking through a pine forest with a slightly fruity berry undertone, maybe a bit musk. Not as loud as modern strains, but i enjoyed it, as it's different to strains i grew before.

Around 10 years ago Vermontman had to start a outcrossing and backcrossing project, as his Oaxaca started to suffer from inbreeding after growing it year after year for some decades. He tried a few different strains for the outcrossing project, in the end he stayed with Fed. Hawaiian Sativa, as it not changed the quality of his Oax and not displayed anything of the cross or the Hawaiian itself. I grew around 30 Hawaiian Sativa females, and he is right, i wasn't able to find something what reminded me to the Hawaiian. The smell was different, and most important the effect was much better in my eyes, clean and warm and not a hint of paranoia or panick inducing, i really enjoyed it.

The Hawaiian on the other hand was something i would call more racy with something which let me feel exhausted after smoking it daily for a few months, it made me pretty aggressive and i completely stopped to smoking it and completely stopped smoking weed for a half year.

There was a pheno i really liked as it was different, much more enjoyable and pure incense smelling, while the others had more a citrus incense and vicks vaporub menthol smell. When i first started growing the Hawaiian i was very happy, also the first smoke tests were nice, but with curing it was getting stronger and stronger and my nerve system seemed to not liking it. There was a pheno which gave me a cold rush over my back, my heart started pumping extremely and i had a bad panick attack. I've tried this pheno 3 times, always the same, after a few minutes a cold rush over the back and extremely heart pumping while feeling very clear in the head. Layed down and not moved to slow down the heart pumping, after almost a hour i felt bettter. Overall i would call the Hawaiian a cold clinic high with a burn out feeling, maybe it's just me, but that let me stop growing and smoking it. The yield was very good, smell and taste top notch no question, but when your body tells you to not smoke it anymore...yeah.

So in the end Vermontmans Oaxaca79Skull not shows anything what i wrote about the Hawaiian above, it's warm and very enjoable even for me as a sensitive person. It's potent but without a hint of something i would call uncomfortable. Not affects the heart etc.

Normally it should be called Oaxaca79Skull BX, but as vman says it's exactly like his old line i belive him, as he must knows best what his original Oax smoked like. Im not in the position to change the name, so will call it Oaxaca79Skull. As far as i know he backcrossed 4 times, after the 6 time it shows inbred depressions again, so he sticked with 4 times. Have to ask him when he is back online and worked out his personal life challenges.

The Oaxaca79Skull seems to react much different when being grown under LED's with a mostly red spectrum compared to HPS. Vman had his best results with the cheap Mars Hydro panels, plants produce very hefty buds which someone could think these are indica buds, but there is no indica effect when smoking it. Under HPS they seem to act very different, not nearly as tight.

My hope is, when crossing the Skull line with CBG's Oaxaca line to induce that complex smell and taste of CBG's line in plants with the frame of vmans line, of course the effect should be enjoyable as well.

I received more nice lines over the last months and weeks and a nice other delivery should arrive soon from MadMac. (Ohaze)

Crosses i would like to make with the both Oaxacan lines mentioned above:

CBG Oaxaca79S1 or S2 x High Quality Seeds Durban
x Oaxaca12Fingers/Oaxacan
x Oaxaca79Skull
x OriginalHaze

Oaxaca79Skull (male or female parent can change)

x High Quality Seeds Durban
x Oaxaca12Fingers/Oaxacan
x OriginalHaze

CBG Oaxaca79S1

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Interesting thread. Got vermontmans zacateca tribute but missed the last mountain gold drop at ace. My plan is to make f2's from both lines and look for oaxacan leaning plants to kind of reacreate the oaxacan.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Interesting thread. Got vermontmans zacateca tribute but missed the last mountain gold drop at ace. My plan is to make f2's from both lines and look for oaxacan leaning plants to kind of reacreate the oaxacan.

Thanks Chilli, with the pictures of the young Oaxacan Skull plants i've posted you maybe can spot those phenos earlier. Like to document my plants as early as i can. :)

Zomboy

Veteran
Nice project. I think CBGs Red Snake is also an Oaxacan crossed to Punto Rojo if you are looking for something else with Oax in it.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Nice project. I think CBGs Red Snake is also an Oaxacan crossed to Punto Rojo if you are looking for something else with Oax in it.

The Oaxacan Cannabiogen is using in the Red Snake and all their other Oaxacan crosses is the same one where the S1 Seed comes from i've shown in my first post. It's probably from the same stock Dubi has worked with, that's why i had problems to germ these Seeds, old and inbred. :)

Zomboy

Veteran
The Oaxacan Cannabiogen is using in the Red Snake and all their other Oaxacan crosses is the same one where the S1 Seed comes from i've shown in my first post. It's probably from the same stock Dubi has worked with, that's why i had problems to germ these Seeds, old and inbred. :)

Makes sense.

Good luck with the project. I’ll be following along :tiphat:

Breadwizard

I've heard that the 79 Oaxaca from CBG was pretty inbred to start, being passed around as multiple generations of selfed seeds. You may find that those s2 seeds make for pretty desease-prone or weak plants. Save that plant that popped up!

That said, I'm so in for this project. That 79 Oaxacan has some magic in it, my favorite plant I've grown so far is purple Mexican from CBG, containing that Oaxacan crossed with PCK.

Bring on the old school Mexican lines!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
I've heard that the 79 Oaxaca from CBG was pretty inbred to start, being passed around as multiple generations of selfed seeds. You may find that those s2 seeds make for pretty desease-prone or weak plants. Save that plant that popped up!

That said, I'm so in for this project. That 79 Oaxacan has some magic in it, my favorite plant I've grown so far is purple Mexican from CBG, containing that Oaxacan crossed with PCK.

Bring on the old school Mexican lines!

Hello Breadwizard, thanks for joining my Thread. Yes i'll hold this plant as long and as good as i can. But i also have to make S2's to have something as a backup just in case i get busted, Seeds are much easier to store and place on a few safe spots. I already was busted last year in Vienna, they found just a few Seeds of some Oaxaca79xOaxaca12Fingers. My main Seed collection was hidden good, but they destroyed all my Plants in that bust.

It should be still possible to find some good plants in S2 Seeds, of course there will be a lot of weak plants, but there is also a chance to find some good ones. I wanna use this line more for crosses, so just one good plant will be enough. :)

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Here it's pretty good visible what i mean with mutations. One finger less on the second true pair of leaves on each side, and also the variegation. Inbred depression. :)

picture.php

Nexus7

Here it's pretty good visible what i mean with mutations. One finger less on the second true pair of leaves on each side, and also the variegation. Inbred depression. :)

View Image

One of my JGL/USC Colombian Gold '72 has just two leaflets on both sides of it's first true pair of leaves. Are you saying that's possibly a sign of suffering from inbreeding depression because it has an even number of leaflets and not odd?

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
One of my JGL/USC Colombian Gold '72 has just two leaflets on both sides of it's first true pair of leaves. Are you saying that's possibly a sign of suffering from inbreeding depression because it has an even number of leaflets and not odd?

Well, hard to say. Don't know for how many generations it already was reproduced before it came into the hands of JGL. Maybe it already had some mutations on the field? Maybe they just grew small population over a long time? Is your CG 1972 a slow grower from start?

On the Oaxaca79S1 it's pretty good to tell that it's inbred, very slow from start, varigations, mutations. It's now already around 3 weeks since the Seed broke through the surface, not inbred lines would already been much bigger with more leaves at this time. Dubi grew a bigger population of these S1 Seeds, he had to sort out a good amount of plants due to lack of vigor and mutations etc. In Mextiza you can also find these strange muations and variegations, half fingers and such stuff.

I had a Mextiza version from Mustafunk which was one generation more crossed to the CBG Oaxaca79, if it was the original or a plant from the S1 stock, don't know, have lost his old message. But the lineage is probably something like this (Oaxaca79xMextizaF?)xMextiza F2.

But yeah, as it's the only plant i have to work with i have to bite in the sour apple and wait. I can already see that the more leaves the plant gets the faster it gets. Curious how she looks in around a month from now on. Branches at the nodes already start to grow...

CBG Oaxaca79S1
picture.php

Some pics of my old Mextiza grow. It was a super fast 7 week pheno. I still have that great smell in my mind, like a sweet and spicy 7up soda.

Mextiza 7week pheno
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
The "longer" flowering Mextiza phenos, not really long, but 2-3 weeks longer as the 7weeker.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Orange zest smelling Mextiza male.
picture.php

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Nice :)

Did you still have some of Reef's SMCG left for repro purposes? I was watching that grow with keen interest.

Hey Nexus, sadly i've no Seeds of Reefs SMCG left. I only had 10 Seeds, wasn't able to score more as these were Freebies at Cannapotshop. As you know i lost my Plants before i was able to make a repro. :/

Latest posts

Latest posts