What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
one of the good things about the bulgogi is its really thin so it is super tender unless you totally overcook it
a lot of time we will use it with noodles in broth
make your broth and throw in the noodles and them while its still super hot add the raw meat to the soup
it cools really fast and adds a lot of flavor
not a big fan of the fillet, its nice and tender but i dont think it brings the beef like a good rib eye or ny strip
the mrs loves them and so does my mom
brocolli os one of those veggies i like to eat raw, but my mom grows the stuff so we will have a bunch around the house
if you chop it up really fine it just kind of blends into most dishes, like the mrs says, you can always sneak a vegitable into most dishes
i was hearing about how the kronk is mad at the chargers
dependsin on their inital agreement they might have a case
but the spanos family must have a pretty good contract lawyer because i can remember them screwing the city of san diego to hell the last time we renovated the murph (before it was called qualcom stadium)
there was an attendace guarantee that said if the chargers dident sell so many seats before each game the city would pick up the tab for the remaining tickets
the team proceeded to go cheap with players and shave every penny they could
the city had to pick up the tab on thousands of tickes each game
/did i mention f-spanos
speaking of bad financial choices, it turns out that m.gordon might own the chargers millions of dollars in fines and such
he sat out the first 3 (maybe four) games so lets say 1/4 of the season
i heard he was on the hook for close to 1-2m off his salary of 4.6m
if the team chooses to waive the fines he wont loose that much, but it would be just like the spanos family to impose all the fines
so hes playing 3/4 the season at a big discount
sounds like he need to get a new agent or whom ever put him up to holding out
he can always pull a ramsey (j.ramsey) and say hes hurt or cant play/ practice the rest of the season, but how attractive does that make him to any future teams
hope you had a great week and at all set for a fun weekned of games
bears defense will keep you guys on track with a win agains minni and with the packers loss last night you should be sitting pretty in your division

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, that would have been nice for clay to play for the same team his pops played for, but he grew up in socal and played for USC, so going back to LA and playing in his old college stadium was a no brainer choice for him, even better that it’s a super bowl ready team. Not that the browns don’t have super bowl caliber talent, they probably do, just have to get that offense right first.

Yup, once in a great while I’ll buy that marinated bulgogi for my parents, my mom will use that in soups. She usually doesn’t like strongly marinated meat but in a soup it adds good flavor to the broth. That's a good idea adding it in at the last minute, might have to try that next time i cook up some ramen...

I feel u on wanting more beef flavor in your steaks. A few years ago I tried dry-aging my own meat, spent like 4 weeks drying in the fridge and then cut off the dried parts and cooked up the rest, it did make a more intense beef flavor but wasn’t strong enough to make it worth it, imo. But I probably didn’t do it good enough, need to have a specific temp and humidity to do it properly, also I don’t know if I used prime grade or not. The dry aged trimmings i cooked up and fed that to the dogs, they certainly enjoyed it though.

I think the chargers get 20% of all PSL sales and 100% of all ticket sales in the new stadium, so they’ve been selling PSL’s for really cheap, like 1k, when PSLs for rams tickets are like 10-15k. On top of Kroenke getting screwed on PSL revenue, the chargers also aren’t on the hook for any overages in construction costs, which is running into the billions in overage. So yeah, spanos is really screwing Kroenke like he screwed san diego. I guess the only nice thing out of all this is that LA isnt on the hook for any stadium costs, it's all financed by kroenke.

I think half of Melvin gordon’s fines will be waived by the team, so half the fines and missing 3 game checks will cost him about 1M this year. If he really was offered 10M/yr from the team and turned it down, you have a good point that maybe his agents got too greedy trying to get a gurley/leveon/zeke type deal, especially when the team still performs pretty well without him. But also they’re 1-2 and we’ll see if he helps them win more games.

Im always excited to see what happens on sunday, eagles-packers was entertaining, hopefully we'll get some good games tomorrow. Monday night are two 0-3 teams, steelers vs bengals, that's not so great but might still be interesting...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i thought 10m/y would have been a good deal for gordon but yeah, someone got really greedy
i wonder if the chargers will extend the same offer now that hes back
for some reason i have my doubts and think they wont resign him after the season but we will have to wait and see
i dont think the chargers problems have been with the ground game, more like a few bad calls by the refs and just plain out choking in critical situations
/typical chargers play
i think hunter henery the te is hurt too so that dosent help
in the end the rams hold all the cards and i wonder how long it will be before the chargers start trying to get themselves set up in a new stadium
i doubt los angeles is going to be coughing up much money but they might get some attractive land deals; which in soCal is worth more than money
/money always goes down in value, land will always go up
i like to make steak sandwiches with the bulgogi and the korean market sells their meat super cheap
/at least reasonable, like $5-6/lb
plus its cut really thin
definitely try it in your noodles next time you make some
a handful of cole slaw mix with the hot noodles and some beef and its on brother
i have some in the fridge left over from last week and i plan on cooking it up with some peppers and onions later today,i will serve that with some nice cheese melted over the top
grinding!
we also had a roast chicken from costco that i pulled apart and made into a chicken salad
i put red and tellow peppers in it, plus red onions
we have those kings hawaiian rolls plus i like to snack on that with a bunch of ritz crackers
im looking forward to the games today and will be mostly watching the pats/ bills in the early, followed by the rams game v the bics later
tongiht we have dallad v the saints; that could bea good match up even with brees out
enjoy the games brother

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think ur right, the chargers might not want MG back at their original offer. I think historically, the team has actually averaged more yds per play without him than with him, plus theyre getting very good production at RB with much cheaper players. But we'll see if he balls out this year, he's got about 12 games to prove he's a stud.

Chargers beat up on the winless Fins but u make a good point, they have a bunch of injuries, not only hunter henry, but mike williams, some other receivers/TE's i think. Maybe not as bad some recent years but enough where theyre not doing as well as last year.
I think the chargers and rams are married for better or worse now, kroenke still wants a 2nd team to share the stadium, and spanos wants the extra money a new stadium will give him. But who knows what will happen down the line if kroenke sues spanos for a gajillion dollars for undercutting his PSL prices, or maybe deceiving him as to how many he would sell? It would be nice if someone bought the team and moved them back to SD though.

A bulgogi sandwich sounds killer, i once bought one at this hot dog shop owned by a korean dude, he had a bulgogi sandwich on the menu along with all the regular american foods. But the thing was a mess, there was so much liquid it made the bread a soggy horror and not in a good way like italian beef. This dude needed to cook all the juice out of it before serving it to me, yours sound much better tho.

When you make noodles do you use freeze dried ones like in ramen packs or do you get dried ones like rice stick noodles or fresh ones even? And do you use some sort of boullion or make ur own broth?

I still want to make a chicken salad sometime, maybe ill get some chicken breasts and cook those up, might be a little dry though, probably need some fat/dark meat/skin in there to make a nice salad or is the mayo plus veggies enough u think?

Pats/bills and saints/boys were defensive battles, along with the bears game. Rams/bucs was a very high scoring game, think 6 tds were scored in the 4th alone. Overall, other than rams/bucs there wasnt a lot of scoring in general this weekend...

MrBungle

The Browns ran up 40 points on the first place Ravens this weekend behind Nick Chubb and Jarvis Landry... Since the Browns are fast to be praised, and even faster to be dumped as America's team, no one heard anything about it... That's ok, cause that is where Baker thrives

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
what a crazy weekend of games!
chubb got rock hard against the ravens and lead the browns to a big win

a lot of undefeated teams were taken down a peg last week
/a whole peg!
bills lost tot he pats mostly because of some early scoring and a blocked kick
if you discount the first quarter the bills had a pretty good game considering their starting qb was knocked out of the game
they still havent said what the statue is on j.allen and hopefully it isnt anything too serious
/maybe sit out a week of practice but is able to start next week?
gordon chose the right week to come back but i think the fins hung a mighty ten spot on the bolts
/their second highest scoring game this season
rams need to get the ball moving
ive been them getting off to slow starts and it finally caught up with them against the buc
goff threw for hundreds of yards but it all came in the second half and they just could not get any momentum going that the bucs d dident squash
their run game is riding on the rims here and im really starting to wonder about gurleys knees
the defense can only do so much and at some point the points need to come in early
a few cheap shots and bad calls too to round things out, but non dirtier than vontaze burfects hit in the colts game; i wonder if that it for him in the nfl?
speaking of qb injuries; so whats the status of trubinski and how did you feel about c.daniels play?
i dont mind the freeze dried ramen noodles but i usually go for the ones in the refrigerated section instead
/i got money like that
you have to refrigerate them and use them within a week of so but they taste so much fresher
i also like the fat pancit noodles, like the big yellow ones you just kind of steam
i also like the rice noodles, the really thin glass noodles but those are a totally different dish to me
i like to make my won broth and will take the roast chicken carcass from the chickens we get at costco and boil the bones and skin and all that good jelly stuff down
/especially during the cooler months, we like to boil it with some onions/carrots/celery and put in a jar to make soups with
if i dont have that there is this stuff called better than bullion that i like to use; a couple spoon fulls of that in a big pot of water with some veggie pieces and you have yourself a nice soup mix
we tend to stay away from the powder packettes that come with the noodles even when we buy them; just too salty and msg
i like to shred up the left over raost chickens we get at costco and this past weekend we got one just to make chiken salad out of
/of course i trim off the legs and wing portions to snack on
i chop it up medium and then add fresh peppers and onions, plus mayo and somethign acidic
this time we used the left over juice from this 5bean salad stuff we get in jars plus s afew good scoops of dijon mustard make a good sauce for chicken salad

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Heh, i was going to say something about the browns beating up on the ravens, but figured that was best left up to u. Also, OBJ didnt put up good stats even though they scored 40pts, that's no bueno for me (own him in 1 league). But looks like they got their offensive playcalling right, chubb was huge as Pop mentioned, baker was composed, only got sacked once, D was very good again. Maybe the browns are who we thought they were?

Josh allen has a concussion, he could be back next week depending on if he passes the cognitive tests. The bills D held brady in check, actually made him look pretty bad, but the pats D was even better, forcing 4 turnovers from Allen.

Goff has 7 td's and 9 turnovers in 4 games, not really what the rams were expecting when they gave him the most guaranteed money in history. And gurley is averaging 15 touches a game after having 22-23 the past 2 years. I think they have some new starters on the o-line this year so that's probably a big part of their struggles too.

I think burfict will get his suspension reduced but at this point, if he hasnt learned his lesson, who's to say it won't happen again? Maybe his default instinct it just to hit someone in the head as hard as he can...

Trubisky has a dislocated non-throwing shoulder with some labrum damage as well, if it was to his throwing shoulder it'd be season ending but there's hope he could be back in a couple weeks? Most bears fans seem to think the offense will be better under chase daniels though, the one thing trubs does well is run the ball but he was barely doing that this year.

Yeah, i remember u like making a nice chicken broth out of the rotisserie chicken bones and juices, and making it with mire poix (carrots onions celery) is like gourmet level stock. Sounds like you got it down to a science: buy a couple rotisserie chickens (same price as the raw chickens and dont have to cook it), shred the meat for salads, and use the rest for stock. Can make like a dozen meals out of 10 bucks worth of chicken. If i didnt feed the fat and bones to my dogs i'd do the same.

Does MSG give you a headache? Ive been thinking of using it in my cooking (season burgers, soups etc) to add that extra oomph to it, some people i guess have negative reactions to it but it's in doritos and chick fil-a and ive never had bad reactions to those foods. I've been thinking of getting this vegetable soup base called Vegeta, it has MSG in it but people say it's really good.

Ive gotten the refrigerated noodles before at the asian markets, ime they can last for weeks in the fridge, they might get a little dry towards the end tho. I think it's like 5 servings for $4 so not much more expensive than the pricier ramen packets. Im not really a noodle/soup person myself it really depends on what the woman wants to eat.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
morning baba'!
took a day off to handle some stuff around the house, plus who doesnt like day drinking mid week
the refrigerated noodles are so much better than the freeze dries ones
im not always into the soup style noodles and i like to make these dry noodle dish too
the ones i get you boil for like two minutes or so and then drain them, and add some fresh pepper to them
you can also add grilled onions, carrots and celery and it comes out really good as an asian side
i dont mind the msg and i have no negative reactions to it, but mrsChicky says its bad for me
i like to use this greek seasoning called cavandash (sp?) that has msg in it and like you said its pretty common in a lot of food
i love dogs man, how many do you have?
/i had one of the greatest dog in the world for like 12 or so years
i dont think burfect will get his suspension reduced, part of the reason the league threw the book at him was he has a history of dirty hits
thats good news about j.allen and i hopefully he is able to play this weekend against the 9rs
the browns are a great team on paper and i wonder how much coaching is holding them back
obj was kind of shut down last week but it could have been the ravens taking a page from the belichick playbook and taking away the opposing teams best weapon
/plus getting two handed choked
sf is coming off their bye week and are one of the last undefeated teams in the league
they beat the bucs in week one but other than that its been wins over the bengals and steelers, two teams that arent playing that well this year
the rams made some changes to the o'line and it has definitely effected they play
also gurley has not really gotten his groove on with his limited touches and goff still has that deer in the headlights look had had during the super bowl
they are lucky to be 3-1 and need to step their game up offensively if they want to have another shot at the playoffs
this weeks game against seatle is a big one and we need to get back to championship form
from what i read chase daniels really stepped up and put in a good start with almost no preperation
i think the bears have a top-5 defense (maybe as high as top-3?)
they should be able to ride that to a few wins as long as the offense isnt making mistakes
hope you are having a grea start to your week and kick ass my man!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Already ahead of u with the day drinking, my man. Polished off a flask of whiskey left over from Monday night football, heh.
Speaking of day drinking where’s my man shithawk at? I thought he was crazy for not liking what trubisky did last year but turns out he was prescient, mitch was awful this year.
I have some of those dry noodles, that you boil for a min or two then drain and put some sauce on. They can last forever on the shelf, like spaghetti noodles, until you cook them.
The woman likes to throw out all the msg stuff too when she gets a chance, she threw out a bunch of chicken bouillon cubes that had msg in them. Not sure if I believe in all that MSG nonsense, I think in moderate amounts it’s no worse than table salt but what do I know?
I have 2 mutts, theyre great dogs but they are a handful, lol.
Yeah, I saw that OBJ was getting choked out on the ground, but I also heard that he was taking some swings at that player beforehand so not like it was unprovoked.
Niners are kind of interesting this year, the run D and pass rush is pretty good now that Nick bosa is on the team, we’ll see how they perform when they play some better teams.
Another issue with goff is I think opposing defenses are waiting to show their alignment until after the coach-QB radio is shut off (with 15 secs on the play clock?) so mcvay cant baby goff into the right reads anymore.
Bears D has been great so far, but same old story, good defense but suspect QB. Chase isn’t great either and trubisky has been downright terrible against average or better defenses. We’ll see how it plays out but it’s a good thing trubs doesn’t listen to social media because even bears fans are turning on him.

MrBungle

Nick Chubb topped off at 21.98 mph when he ran that 88 yard touchdown.... Baker Mayfield clocked in at 18.6 mph running behind Chubb to celebrate in the endzone...

Don't mind me Baba I'm just gettin pumped up, cause we might be seeing the beginning of a new era in the AFC North :D

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Youre not wrong, MB. Ravens looked dominant against 2 bad teams (Fins and Cards), lost to the chiefs and then got worked against the browns, giving up 500yds in each game. With the steelers and bengals struggling (1 win between them and only because they played each other) those bets that cleveland will win the afc north look pretty good now.

Browns have 3 tough ones coming up, with the niners, seahawks and patriots, so we'll see how they stack up with some probable playoff teams. But if theyve got their kinks worked out on offense, they should be more than fine. And kareem hunt comes back in the 2nd half of the season, after his suspension, so that's just more firepower for their run game.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
this ones for you my man
/hoists glass of vodka and cherry juice!
chase had a good game but im not ready to give up on trubs just yet and we will have to wait and see how daniels plays over the next few weeks
ive noticed that the defenses are moving around a lot before the snap against the rams
i think goff is a good qb but can he make his own calls at the line?
it could be a things he learns, but he needs to not rush throws or make bad reads :7td/9int
/let the defense take over and just make your throws
gurley was acting pretty salty after the loss and you could see he wasnt too happy with his role in the offense and the way things are going so far
a lot of things are still up in the air and its not too late for the browns MB
it looks like the afc north and afc south are wide open for the taking, all it would take it to get hot for the next four or five games to put the division on notice
the browns can put points up and it looks like chubb has some wheels on him
9rs are still one of those unknowns in my book and could be taken down a peg by the browns if they dont bring their A game

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Mitch might pick it up when he comes back from injury but it’s pretty clear now he’s way worse than mahomes and significantly worse than Watson, the 2 qb’s taken after him in the draft. I just don’t want the bears to sign him to a big extension this offseason only for him to be mediocre during it.

Rams play at the seahawks tonite so we’ll have a good look at goff and gurley. I think gurley gets tired of all the fantasy football related questions as well, when he’s asked about stats he truly doesn’t care he just wants the win. If goff can step up his game and reduce his turnovers they can get back to where they want to be, the offense has put up a good amount of points each week despite the issues.

Niners are 3-0, had a bye last week. Their run game and Defense has been good even though kittle and garoppolo haven’t put up big numbers yet. If they stay healthy (bosa and Garoppolo) I can see them having a 9 win season or better, although having to play the rams and hawks 4x this year will be tough.

Bears play raiders in London on Sunday, it’s a 6pm local start so a 12pm CST start here, so that will be nice not having to get up extra early for football.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
getting ready for tongiht game against the hawks' and i think this is a must win for the rams
hopefully gurley and goff will come to play and they put some points up in the first half
if the seahawks get off to an early lead i expect them to try and control the clock with the run game
im also looking forward to this weekends bears game
its always fun to watch the international games and i tihnk the bears defense will be a real test for the raiders
turns out carr is in the top-10 as far as passing goes but this will be one of the toughest defenses hes faced so far
r.smith is expected to be back in the line up after a mysterious absence last week; all i could find was he missed the game because of personal reasons
hope you enojy tonight game and go rams!

Badfishy1

getting ready for tongiht game against the hawks' and i think this is a must win for the rams
hopefully gurley and goff will come to play and they put some points up in the first half
if the seahawks get off to an early lead i expect them to try and control the clock with the run game
im also looking forward to this weekends bears game
its always fun to watch the international games and i tihnk the bears defense will be a real test for the raiders
turns out carr is in the top-10 as far as passing goes but this will be one of the toughest defenses hes faced so far
r.smith is expected to be back in the line up after a mysterious absence last week; all i could find was he missed the game because of personal reasons
hope you enojy tonight game and go rams!

Pops, good to see you around :). Dafuq happened w Tampa tho? That’s the whole any given Sunday cliche. Anybody else wanna race to first pick? Miami papers are giving -17.5 to the bye this week against the dolphins. Dear god what a trash product they have on the field.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
my man fish! good to see you too brother
i think it was a combination of flat play by the rams and the bucs playing their hearts out
im pretty sure the 55pts scored was a franchise record and definitely the best game we have seen from j.winston
the rams have been off to a slow start and hopefully they bring their a-game tonight
miami has pretty much sold out this season in the hopes of getting better in the future, but what does that leave the fans and players on the roster now?
i think they will cover the spread during this bye week, but i agree that they are an embarrassment to themselves and the tradition of dolphin football
hope the fish are hooking up and you are having a great fall

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Heh, miami is -17.5 against the bye, classic.

It's all about short term pain vs long term gain for the dolphins this year. Their real season starts with the draft in April, where hopefully they get Tua and a whole bunch of other talented players to build around. So rather than being average or mediocre for 5-10 yrs, blow everything up for a year and start fresh with young, promising talent. The only bad thing to this plan is that the broncos and bengals are still in it for the top pick.

Gurley and goff both played pretty well overall against the hawks, although gurley lost a fumble and goff missed some throws. Still, they had a chance to win it with a very makeable FG at the end only for legatron to push it just right. At least it wasnt a double doink.

Seems like the rams went to 2 tight ends more in this game, which helped with their blocking, both run and pass (goff didnt take a sack) so maybe we'll see more of that in the future.

I think the bucs scored td's on every drive after they intercepted goff (3x) and also returned a fumble for a TD, so half of their 55pts were directly related to goff turnovers. I guess arians was able to gameplan for the rams very well, him being in the same division for so long he was familiar with them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening fellas'
what a game last night
it came down to the last play and i was one the edge of my seat the whole time
the rams looked like they were getting back on track and it looks like goff had a decent game
but in the end we came up a little short,( actually it was wide right)
goff and gurley both had good games and it seemed like goff was hitting his targets
3-2 isnt a bad place to be but i feel like we have lost all the momentum we built up going 3-0 to start the season
next week we play the 9rs and this is an important game
we are 0-1 in the west so a win would take us up a notch (plus brings sf down a peg)
its funny you mention th color rush uniforms (or what ever they call those eye sore colors ) but i enjoyed the game
i was pretty baked off fresh bud and it was a very cerebral high so it was fun to look at all the pretty colors
there were a lot of plays that mattered but in the end we missed a 40-some yard kick in the final seconds of the game
cant wait for this weekends games
hope you had a great week baba and are all set for a good weekend of ballin out!
so whats on the menu brother? got any other plans for the next two days?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yup, last 2 thursday night games have been really good (pack-eagles, rams-hawks), lot of scoring, back and forth, good teams. Much better than last year's TNF, and better than MNF. Only good MNF game last year was the rams-chiefs game where the combined for almost 100pts. This week's MNF game should be dope though, browns and niners. Hopefully baker plays well again, otherwise the haters will be back out.

I think the hawks are undefeated in those neon green uni's. And i agree, being trippy high makes everything (music, tv, etc) better. Except for work or anything you need to concentrate on, usually.

Goff threw for almost 400yds on 49 attempts, the team only had 18 rush attempts. I think going forward they'll need to balance that out a bit. And yeah, losing their last 2 isnt great, and they also lost clay mathews to a broken jaw for 4-6 weeks (got kicked in the face by the hawks RB on a tackle i guess) but they have 10 days to rest and reconfigure, they'll be all right. If goff can continue to control his TO's (his last INT bounced off a receivers hands, not his fault) and zuerlein can hit his kicks (he's probably the best kicker in the league now), theyre a definite playoff squad again.

Sunday we have 10 games kicking off noon CST, 2 games in the afternoon slot (cowboys and packers are one), sunday night between chiefs and colts. Usually we only have at most 8 games in the noon slot but for some reason i guess the league wanted to clear the afternoon slate for boys-pack?

Got a lot of cooking to do today, gonna make some more marinated chicken (OJ and soy sauce), filets, and a beef and broccoli stir fry. Was thinking of doing it all on the stove/oven, but if it's not raining may fire up the cooker and grill that isht. Will post pics either way, wish me luck!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
that sounds like a grinding menu and it will be some good eating for a few days
do you make meals for the week on the weekends?
we like to make enough to have leftovers so we can eat them during the week
you totally got this brother and it sounds like you will be eating good
i dont expect to see goff throw that many times a game and you are right about the rams offense being all about airing it out
i know they want to limit gurleys touches but they have other backs, lets mix in some run
/also needs more cowbell
clay was having a great start to his season and i hope he heals up and gets back on the field, cooks also went down thursday
im all about the browns v niners game and am totally rooting for the dawgs
take sf down a ntoch so the rams v 9rs game next weekend really means something

Latest posts

Latest posts