What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CO2 1000 cu ft room

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mmmm I've setup commercial CO2 grows with intake/outtake. Really depends on the grower more than anything. With a high temp shut off you still leave a few lights on and they need air flow. Double duty as the night exchange.

Having a rich organic soil will reduce your usage too, the more volume the better re: beds. I think it was Lapides? Or someone here who recorded 500+ ppm from the soil organisms alone.

I am not sure on the damper. Some are meant to swing open with very little pressure (doors opening).

Mmmm I've setup commercial CO2 grows with intake/outtake. Really depends on the grower more than anything. With a high temp shut off you still leave a few lights on and they need air flow. Double duty as the night exchange.

Having a rich organic soil will reduce your usage too, the more volume the better re: beds. I think it was Lapides? Or someone here who recorded 500+ ppm from the soil organisms alone.

I am not sure on the damper. Some are meant to swing open with very little pressure (doors opening).

I don't know if intake is suitable for a summer grow. Could use a damper though, extra money for something good but you know how it goes with our hobby :p.
I have heard this about organic soil. This is cool, don't wanna be carrying those heavy 20lb tanks very often. The fact that I won't push it above 800 PPM will help in keeping them longer before getting them for a refill.

when your plants are small they don't consume much CO2. You will find that just you working in the room and exhaling CO2 can raise the level above the ability of the plants to handle it. Just an example of an unexpected CO2 issue you will probably have to deal with at some point where having a carbon filtered exhaust will be very nice.

You have a secret 1000 cu ft room, not a legal licensed warehouse. Behavior/strategies will be different for those 2 situations. Sounds like you are adding the equivalent watts in other lights (LEDs) to handle where the 315s come up short. Should be fine.

Secret is the word :p. Sensor was at 1200 PPM when I was inside working in the room. Too bad the controller I got (ecotechnics evolution) is faulty and won't turn off the solenoid valve even when it senses it's night time. Got to replace it with a new one. Thinking about 2 holes with dampers in the scenario of intake/exhaust. Gotta be quality dampers so that room is kept as sealed as possible.

It's the first time I am gonna work with VPD being able to really tweak the parameters of the grow and I like it. I am sold on the sonoff. I connected 2 humidifiers to it which turn on when humidity drops below 65 % and turn off when humidity is above 75%. That baby could be connected with an exhaust fan as well, it really compares with expensive controllers for a fraction of the price! And fully controllable through my cellphone. You should try it guys! Testing the room, temp sits at 75 F with 75% humidity for 20 days old plants.

Guys if you have any experience with Autopots I would appreciate your input. I have 8x7 gal fabric pots and 12x15 gallon fabric. They won't fit in any autopot system because those fit up to 7 gal plastic pots when they are bought "ready for use". But I have found those :
https://www.autopot.co.uk/product/easy2go-kit/.
They would fit in any tray. Say for example I put 1 easy2go in a 20x20 inch tray and I put 1x15 gallon pot inside. In theory this would work but I would really like to hear some first hand experiences.

Last edited:
Update: For now I don't supplement with any CO2 and room is about 95% sealed. Some plants are 21 days old, others are younger. I have connected the CO2 sensor and it hasn't fallen below 1000 PPM since 10 hours before, when lights went on. The sensor is working, I tested it outside in my balcony getting 400 PPM. This is convenient because I am awaiting for a replacement for the faulty controller. Those "default" indoor levels seem really high to me!

mikeross

Co2 burners are made to create optimal conditions for plant health. I don’t think it’s common for them to cause issues. I had completely healthy plants go from unsealed veg rooms to 800 ppm bloom rooms that were sealed. Plant health declined rapidly. Droopy, yellowing leaves, and stopped drinking. This is across 4 separate rooms. Co2 lowered to 500 and not much different. Rooms unsealed and co2 turned off. Plant health improved over Afew weeks. 3 of 4 burners were brand new. The flames were tight and blue. That was a bad experience for sure.

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?