What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fastest strains for north of 50 latitude ???

gorilla ganja

I'm on a quest for a fast finishing outdoor strains for my area, 53 degrees north. I would like to find sativa, sativa dominate strains if possible that are not auto's. This yr. I tried 6 different strains and although I did not expect some to finish I will be lucky if any will finish properly before frost. So I am looking for first hand outdoor experience with strains that finish by mid September.
Although I prefer sativa any strains that finish by mid September will be helpful. Please post your latitude, strain, and breeder if possible.
I will be posting this also in the outdoor section but I thought I would try my Canadian brothers and sisters first.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Peace GG

Last edited:

Ras Mason

Veteran
Look for the friesland.
Now known as Pink Freeze in Quebec Province.
Make sure it's the real thing.
peace

ortsa1

gurilla gold, purpera ticinesis, swiss gold, fast manitoba, manitoba poision, mightymite, gimli purple

It still has to be something you want to smoke. Many strains can be found to finish on time wherever you grow.

43N, Mandala #1 is my regular grow. Past grows have included Satori, Wonder Woman, Swiss Cheese, Kaya Gold, Guerilla Gusto, Holland's Hope, Master Kush, Vanilla Kush, Pineapple Kush.

gorilla ganja

Thanks for the info guys. can you please post the latitude where you grew these strains outdoors as well as breeder if possible.
Cheers GG

blastfrompast

Veteran
teemu:

There was for a while, but he didn't renew his license..

There was some REALLY bunk pineapple up-Chuck too... Felt kinda bad for that guy..

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
theres a great pheno of ak-47 that does great outside

silver skunk finished in sept as well

med-man

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Like Ras said the Friesland clone is great outdoors. Ready mid September at 45N, and pretty good tasting herb. Pine and citrus with some tangerine flavours if grown well. Potency is mid range,but good day herb anyway. A productive high.

If you want seeds, I have heard good things about breeder brad's freezeland strain based on the clone. I myself have crossed and backcrossed the friesland and it is quite easy to get original friesland types in the seed.

Breeder Brad is on here. Smoke a lot seeds is his company, I am sure he can hook you up. It is good to see you guys up north still at it! Good luck in the search

Ras Mason

Veteran
A quick variant of white widow has also been popular for finishing mid-end july up north...
¨LE Petit Vite¨ is the name of the clone.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I tried Serious 6 this year. Mixed results. Might fit the bill if you found the right plant, but it doesn't really like being just tossed outside from indoors that much. Not that stable. Have two that are already down and hanging. Have 3 more that are a little over half done maybe. Had to chop one that went herm (started flowering after being put outside then revegged then went back to flower so it was stressed but I had that issue with two plants).

If you have the ability I'd consider building a black out system and just doing your favorite long flowering sativas and force flower them so they're done by august or july.

That's what I'm doing next year I think.

Peakseeds does a TW x SS which undoubtedly will have some killer phenotypes but it might be a little long for your latitude.

gorilla ganja

I tried Serious 6 this year. Mixed results. Might fit the bill if you found the right plant, but it doesn't really like being just tossed outside from indoors that much. Not that stable. Have two that are already down and hanging. Have 3 more that are a little over half done maybe. Had to chop one that went herm (started flowering after being put outside then revegged then went back to flower so it was stressed but I had that issue with two plants).

If you have the ability I'd consider building a black out system and just doing your favorite long flowering sativas and force flower them so they're done by august or july.

That's what I'm doing next year I think.

Peakseeds does a TW x SS which undoubtedly will have some killer phenotypes but it might be a little long for your latitude.

Trying serious 6 this year but I don't think it will be fast enough We had a frost last night and another warning tonight.
Thanks for sharing everyone.
Cheers GG

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Indeed freezeland it's great value, ready mid september here at 46N .... But there's also the pink freeze which is done by end september at same latitude! (get both clone, pink. and my pre 1993)

But beanhoarder seem to have make great cross of her with the c99 and god

Latest posts

Latest posts