What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

Azure

This guerilla Malawi x Panama is coming along and is 9 feet 8 in. She's being fed more than the garden MxP.
I have been giving her a gallon tea mix each week and she seems to like it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.9 KB ID:	17946327

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.3 KB ID:	17946324

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.1 KB ID:	17946325

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.3 KB ID:	17946324

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Azure

These Malawi x Panama flowers have a strong clean lemon pine aroma which came on suddenly and strong last week.
I've had multiple grows of both pure Malawi and also pure Panama and never came across the aroma this MxP has. The aroma is reminiscent of Panama Haze but stronger and sharper but still very pleasant. A lot of the buds have white and pink pistol mix as shown in the last picture.
12.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

Azure

She's putting on weight and trichomes while maintaining her strong aroma.
Definitely a hungry girl and the added fertilizer mix helped keep her green.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely Azure :huggy: the strong lemony aromas and pink pistil come from Panama Goddess, overall: traits from Panama line, while the aggressive trichomes she is producing lately is more a Malawi trait.

you are experiencing Malawi power CannaRed ;)

Three days later, and I'm still smoking it, and still actually getting pretty buzzed.
I gotta say, that this is out of the ordinary for me. Usually I will only catch a good buzz on the first time I smoked a strain in a while. Then the next time I smoke I barely notice any effect. I try to always have many varieties so I can switch it up regularly.
Not this time. I admit I'm not as high now as the other night, but I'm still getting a great buzz.
I've always heard that sativas need a long cure, but I didn't actually think the buzz would get better, I thought that was for taste. Is that what's going on here?

​​​​​

cidA

Hi, dubi,
I have some regs of malawi × panama. Being F1 they are very vigorious. I noticed 2 distinctive phenotypes. One being more compact and quick to show sex and the other one being very stretchy (I would say equal or more than gt) not rushing to reveal it's identity. I would like to know more info on which parent is responsible for which trait.

Cactus Squatter

Nice Azure, looks super tasty! Your’s looks just a little bit ahead of mine too. Mine is all Malawi on the smell and flowering and is definitely more wispy in it’s structure.

Cactus Squatter

I keep trying but my signal strength is low where I’m at currently and they won’t upload. I’m outdoors with a shade canopy at around 33°N. If I can’t get them to upload while I’m out here I’ll update when I get back home.

Azure

Looks great and I see a bunch of other plants in the background. What else do you have growing?

Cactus Squatter

2 phenos of KA5H, Panama, Honduras x Panama, Destroyer, Panama x Bangi, Malawi, Golden Tiger and Honduras. It’s been a happy ACE year so far.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi cidA, both Panama and Malawi (and parental plants of each strain used in this F1) have a very similar outdoor flowering onset.
The differences you are finding are just expected variation between individuals. Kindly post some pics so i can evaluate in more detail to what parental plant do they resemble.

Looking great Azure, it's an Old Killer Malawi pheno in look, should be done in a week or so :yes:

Impressive cola Cactus Squatter :) Yours looks also mostly like Old Malawi Killer, still needs 3-4 weeks to finish.

Cactus Squatter

Hi cidA, both Panama and Malawi (and parental plants of each strain used in this F1) have a very similar outdoor flowering onset.
The differences you are finding are just expected variation between individuals. Kindly post some pics so i can evaluate in more detail to what parental plant do they resemble.

Looking great Azure, it's an Old Killer Malawi pheno in look, should be done in a week or so :yes:

Impressive cola Cactus Squatter :) Yours looks also mostly like Old Malawi Killer, still needs 3-4 weeks to finish.

It seems like I’m going to have a heavily “old Malawi killer” influenced finish to the year. 😂 this Malawi x Panama, my KA5H1 and my Malawi are all just barely starting to kick it into flowering gear with my Malawi x Panama being just slightly ahead of the other two. They all also have an underlying oily smell along with my Golden Tiger. Gonna be lots of late November harvesting I think. Hopefully my weather holds out.

airplane

whay's your best strain from Ace ? there is one new strain that In House Genetics collavorarted with Ace forgot the name od

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola El Quijote, si te gusta Panama x Bangi Haze fem, entonces Malawi x Panama fem te encantará también :yes:
Hi el Quijote, if you are pleased with the outcome of your Panama x Bangi Haze, then you will love Malawi x Panama fem as well.

So glad to know it Gandalb :) Looking forward to learn about more about your M x P selected mothers!

airplane we have never collaborated with In House Genetics.