What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Makeshift Greenhouse Problems

T

TrueReligion

Have you tried string tied on the bud then a clothing hanger. You might get wet spots.

brown_thumb

I've been moving the buds from glass jars to paper sacks every day. I'm trying to keep the RH at 65-80 percent. Once the humidity in jars stabilizes to 73-77 percent I'll leave them in the jars and burp as necessary to slowly lower the RH to 70-75 percent for 4 weeks, then slowly decrease to 65-68 percent RH for another 2-4 weeks, then slowly lower RH to 55-60 percent RH for another 2-4 weeks. Then I'll vacuum seal and freeze. Luckily, I'm a very light user and have enough trim buds to provide some Rx relief for a short while.

SIDE NOTE #1: I didn't know buds decreased in size so much as they dry. They're already 20-30 percent smaller than when they were first cut.

SIDE NOTE #2: As these dry and begin to cure, the various strains are beginning to develop their own individual fragrances. When they were first cut they all smelled almost the same.

SIDE NOTE #3: When the RH in the 'tiny buds' jar dropped below 65 percent I added a small piece of banana peel to raise RH. That worked but now the buds all smell like banana peel. I won't do that again... not with banana peel anyway.