What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Someone trying to hack my account?

smokeyla1

Woke up today to this email from icmag

Someone has tried to log into your account on International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 117.172.156.99

IP address belongs to China Mobile in China??

X

Xray Kimono

Sneaky Asians. Trying to learn to grow weed via hacked acct. ... You'd think they would just plant and water and adjust...

Ready4

Veteran
You probably have a virus on your computer giving information to some crook in China who is trying to steal from you. Somebody there knew you were using Icmag , cannot think of any other way they could possibly know your user name.

Snype

Veteran
Sounds like you could have a virus on your computer. I'd get it checked out. Your screen name is too weird for someone to randomly try to hack you. Maybe you got some haters here on IC.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i just got the same thing at 424 am last night, when i was asleep, so it wasn't me. it was from china as well, exact same location for ip lookup as the thread starter, different ip.

first time this has ever happened to me on any website in 15 years.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Sounds like you could have a virus on your computer. I'd get it checked out. Your screen name is too weird for someone to randomly try to hack you. Maybe you got some haters here on IC.

I don't know you and not insinuating anything but 'smokey' anything could make someone, haters, try to log you on, because they think youre an LA LEO. 15 years or no.... ip addresses can be obtained and forged, I don't think too hard to do. just thrown it out there.

EDIT: and I don't care who you are..

DrFever

Veteran
Interesting i would do this first go to start menu on your pc
click RUN
then type %temp%
then click run
delete everything you see possibly a background program running allowing back door access into your pc from this hacker
secondly check for windows update keep it updated important
perform software updates for your system and web Browser

down load spybot search n destroy
CC cleaner
and what the pro's use and charge you for cleaning your pc lol trend house call run it may take 8 hrs to fully run once done re boot and do it again

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=trend micro housecall

simple click of a email or site can give a hacker access to your pc

important to have everything up to date

waveguide

Veteran
i just got the same thing at 424 am last night, when i was asleep, so it wasn't me. it was from china as well, exact same location for ip lookup as the thread starter, different ip.

first time this has ever happened to me on any website in 15 years.

same message last week.