What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

deepsoul's ak48

deepsoul

once they germinated i put them in a seed raising mix with no nutes and under a 600 watt metal halide.
here the pack of 10 is at 7 days from being put in paper towel

deepsoul

heres a pic of the tools of the trade..
my hanna combo pocket meter.... and the package for the seeds.

this is my first real grow.

I have equiped myself well to do the job...

deepsoul

so i got bored with the soil and well the pic that says they are 14 days lies...as that was the 13th day . on the 14th day they got ripped out of the soil and put in a 60 litre tub with some canna terra nutes...and lots of bubbles...

my water ec is 0.3....nasty ph of 7.5 - 8.0.....

i am now goona go take pic of them at 20 days.

deepsoul

so here is a pick at 5 days in hydro, in two days they will be 21 days from seed. I am happy. My water level lowers but my ec stays the same...my ph rises in a 24 hr period so any info on that would be appreciated.

deepsoul

the specs on my garden are complicated....i run an ac unit at 21 c 24 hrs a day at the moment and put a frozen bottle of water in that tub at certain hours of the day.

I have overkill on airated bubbles .....and the aiir exchange is prolly close to 6 times a minute....

the last month of summer here....

if ya want more specs on what i am doing,...then ask....otherwise i will update at least weeky :)

deepsoul

well compicated for my time of the morning to write.

I have a cab that is .8m in depth 1.2 m in width and 2m in height.

The light i have is a 600watt with a remote ballast. I am able to switch bulbs between mh and a lucagrow. The light hood is very open but has a peice of glass in front of the bulb and a 100mm pc fan extracts from the bulb and through ducting thru the roof of cab and then out of room.
ALso on top of my cab i have a 250mm inline fan that does at least 10 air changes per minute ....it really sucks the panda film towards it from the door of cab...hehehe... nice. The cab then has 2 x 250mm ducted passive intakes...and then the whole room has ac... Eventually the cab will be a veg box. with a flower area in the same room.

For now all ten are in netpots and hydroton and in a 60 litre tub with 58litres of water and nutes.

I have 2 x air curtains in there at the moment which are being pumped from a 4 outlet airpump at 9lites per minute... lots of oxygen..lots o bubbles...

I have two tubs and another air pump....for when i get the second tub going.

Using canna terra nutes ..started at 10ml of veg A and 10ml of veg B so 100ml for tub.

I am about to change water and put in 200ml of nutes.

Nice really white roots are starting to grow out some of the netpots. I am very happy.

When my light comes on in the evening I put a one litre plastic milk bottle of frozen water in the tub, sometimes i do this twice a day.Tub water is kept about 21c .

Canasta

It looks realy nice....

Real good meter You have there, it seems that You will get no problems with Your grow.

I´ll newer seen AK48 before, so i´ll join up for the ride.

Really like Your setup....

Canasta

deepsoul

ok some new pics after changing water in tub.
I doubled the nute strength to an ec of 1.3. My water has an ec of 0.3 so i have gone from 0.8 to 1.3...so thats 0.5 of nutes to 1. Ph adjusted to 5.2. its going well

heres a pic of largest one. It had that weird yellow patch from the start of the leaf...genetics i reckn.

deepsoul

here is some very healthy roots starting to stick out of the pot.I was very worried about going from soil to hydro as there was no way to get all the soil off the roots. When i changed tub there was a bit of elements from the soil, but its all clean now.
I really don't want any root problems so i keep the water cold to stop any growth of nasties :)

I love the hanna combo meter, i heard they were a pain to maintain...and have to admit that when i want to clean it and recalibate it will be expensive..... otherwise its fantastic....:)

reads ph temp ec and ppt = particles per trillion.I only care about ph and ec :)

Nice. Those little ones are looking healthy! I'm thinking about getting AK-48 whenever I get my cab built, so I'm definately gonna keep on eye on this thread. Keep up the good work! :smoker:

deepsoul

hi bombs and cgm. Thanks for dropping by and for the kind words.

The baby ak48s are doing fine with the upgrade of nutes ...the roots are growing well and I am thinking that I will see some decent growth this week. I will change the tub at the end of the week and setup a second one and double nute strength again. I am only just over half strength on the nutes... so i will go full strength.

Its a blessing I have ac in the room my cab is in, febuary can be the hottest month here, mainly beacuse of the humidity and outside 2 day its 32c with a humidity of 75 percent...

The humidity in the air really makes it uncomfortable . I can sit still and sweat..

will post some more pics soon :)

jungo

Hi !
nice staff.
i am growing some AK48 , 10 days in flowering.
i am just wondering , how did you succeeded repotting the plants from soil to your current setup ?

deepsoul

hi radium. i am just using tap water and adjusting the ph down from about 7.5 to 5.2.
Its a 60 litre tub and has 50 litres of water in there.The water level is about 2 inches above the bottom of the netpot.

Hi jungo. I just very delicatley took the seedlings out of the pots and shook off as much soil as I could and then held them in netpot and poured the hydroton over the roots and stem until the netpots were full...was a bit of a pain to do but it worked well.

Hi technique. I will post a couple of pics I have just taken :)