What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember when,.......

i was gettin big bags of trim from the guy down the street{dirt road} or every once in a while get some lambs bread or at least thats what it was called. No cameras if i was causing any sort of trouble a actual person had to catch you! bullying was just a part of school not national media!Ohhh yea the ACID all different flavors all the time 3 for 10 all day long even cheaper if you knew a dead head. the pharmys were non existanant way back when the PHARMS were FARMS!!!!!

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Man some of you guys are OLD.. +respect

I remember:

When remembering phone numbers was normal. Now I can't remember any number but my own.

When having AOL was considered cool and when everyone had an unlimited supply of AOL trial CDs

When you had to blow hot/cold air on NES games to get them to work.

When my friends and me would put on skates and do some really dumb and dangerous things, and come out of a bloody mess but without worrying about breaking anything or not having health insurance

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I remember when a fight in school got you sent to the principles office, where he lectured you, called your parents, and then made you shake hands and sent you back to class, not instantly expelled.

One dollar got you four candy bars(full size) at the corner store, Five dollars and you could get a junk food feast for you and a couple friends, candy, chips, pop, etc...

No self serve gas pumps

Wearing a bike Helmut would get you beat up or teased to tears by the other kids.

Pay phones were everywhere, pagers didn't exist yet, and cell phones were only on star trek, kirk to enterprise, two to beam up.

i was gettin big bags of trim from the guy down the street{dirt road} or every once in a while get some lambs bread or at least thats what it was called. No cameras if i was causing any sort of trouble a actual person had to catch you! bullying was just a part of school not national media!Ohhh yea the ACID all different flavors all the time 3 for 10 all day long even cheaper if you knew a dead head. the pharmys were non existanant way back when the PHARMS were FARMS!!!!!

Luv It. When Microdots were not software, and blotter was more than just an "official summary". (Police Blotter). Anyone remember "Tricky Dick" acid? Caused "Illusions of Grandeur" and 17 1/2 minute blanks of silence and memory loss. I still sorta liked Nixon myself.

Heres a good one and it happened to me, when a DUI was a nite in jail and a $110 fine, and pipes were not illegal, but thank God I remembered to stuff that corner pinch down my underwear after they let me go to the bath room before searching me. I was ripped and forgot the pipe in my other pocket tho.

And up to 100 plants got you 11/30 in the county jail. 11 months 30 days (Under a year, I know, who's counting?) More time than that sent you away.............but you kept "your stuff".

RetroGrow

Veteran
Trippin' for 3 days on "Orange Sunshine"!
Damn, that stuff should have been illegal!
And Quaaludes, wow what a sex drug!
they had 5 different types:
Qualludes-714/712
Parest 400s.
Somnifac Forte.
Mandrax.
Sopers.
If you went to a bar/club, and asked the girl if she did "ludes", and she said "yes", she was usually naked in your pad 30 minutes later!
Now that was cool!

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
I started reading this thread earlier got about a third through it and felt like gettin drunk and listening to old music...lols.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I remember getting mexi brick for $90 and flipping lids for $12.50 and $15.00. Even at $15 per zip, you couldn't clear $150/lb if you smoked any. Back then, a pound a week and up to ~15 flips was enough to get state prison for a few years. Still good side money.

Colombian pounds went for ~$300 to $350. Hell, even at $35 a zip, it was tough to clear $200 if you smoked any. Rip offs often charged $40/zip, then scarfed a choice bud before the flip. But some of the old school dealers charged $25 and scoffed at the idea of mj rip offs. To these guys, greed meant you better flip dope and keep the weed cheap.

In 1983, our state decriminalized less than an ounce. A buddy of mine got busted with 27 grams and the ticket was only $67.50. The zip was only $35 so he was out < $105.00. It's a shame he's still got the drug offense on his record.

I got popped with an empty pipe ten years ago and had to pay $140. A shame that's a drug offense too.

B

bbrolle

I remember living in Amsterdam for 7 years, and one time, me and some friend were sitting in front of a coffieshop, I was rolling a joint, the year was round 1983, and a police car passes in front of us, and the first reaction was, I am fuckt, they look at us , they smiled, and drove away.

K

KSP

I remember...

Copenhagen snuff for 18 cents a can

Gas was .30 cents a gallon

When you could get your tobacco crop in w/o hiring Mexicans

Rectangular bails of hay

Dunking was illegal in NCAA games

Having a party-line and having to make sure nosey neighbors weren't listening

3 television stations and having to climb the hill to check the antenna wire for breaks

Glass returnable soft-drink bottles in that nice old slide-top cooler at the general store

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I remember when we had bomb drills in school and you had to get under your desk for protection from the A bomb blast, boy talk about naive

:smoweed:

ibjamming

Veteran
I remember when we had bomb drills in school and you had to get under your desk for protection from the A bomb blast, boy talk about naive

:smoweed:

We went into the hallway for our A-bomb drills...

Speaking of A-bombs, I remember Kennedy getting shot...I was in Kindergarden...

I remember the Nike missles stationed along the coasts and outside NYC on the Palisades cliffs. Fucking cool looking bastards! All white and angular...

G

guest456mpy

I remember my grandpa driving in the old pickup truck to a hill so we could listen to the farm reports each morning. Having to crank the number of rings on the side of the phone so the right person would answer, knowing the entire farm area was probably listening too. Cranking gas into a glass jar above the pump, then allowing it to flow down into your gas tank.

Listening to the steam engine whistle at night in the distance, and getting the "itch" to travel.

LOL

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I remember standing in long lines for hours with my mother and getting a solid block of orange cheese and dry powedered milk & eggs and we each received a pair of shoes that were 2 sizes to small and you could run on the side walk and slide with them on.

Also use to get a gallon of milk> white wonder bread> pound of german bologna and still had enough change to get a brown bag of assorted penny candy :yes:

ibjamming

Veteran
I remember the "milk man"...he would come twice a week and take the empty milk bottle and replace it with a full one. It went into an insulated box next to the back door.