What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember when,.......

F

feral

I don't know about everyone else, but even with all of today's advancements, etc. and how easy life is, I MISS the good old days. Life was so much easier back then regardless of how primitive it was.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
If the electrical grid ever crashes were fucked. Or if the Sun has one of those Solar Plasma Flareups, all the touch phones I see at work being viewed, is going to make for a depressing day. Video games, NetFlix, XBox360, PS3, & bluetooth, what will I do???

BagseedSamurai

If the electrical grid ever crashes were fucked. Or if the Sun has one of those Solar Plasma Flareups, all the touch phones I see at work being viewed, is going to make for a depressing day. Video games, NetFlix, XBox360, PS3, & bluetooth, what will I do???

Solar flares happen all the time. Big ones, too.

solar.flare.2005.jpg

I will be alright if it happens. I pay cash for most things. I wont be bored because I keep a 2 acre vegetable garden, and and acre of different hot peppers. Plenty of work to do. This year I will do cold crops too.. Now, if I could just get enough bud in mason jars to be able to smoke for a couple of years in case of catastrophe I would be alright. That and enough Lone Star beer to hold me over and I would be set. I've got gallons and gallons of homemade wine put up. :dance013:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
I will be alright if it happens. I pay cash for most things. I wont be bored because I keep a 2 acre vegetable garden, and and acre of different hot peppers. Plenty of work to do. This year I will do cold crops too.. Now, if I could just get enough bud in mason jars to be able to smoke for a couple of years in case of catastrophe I would be alright. That and enough Lone Star beer to hold me over and I would be set. I've got gallons and gallons of homemade wine put up. :dance013:

TM, it must be our generation or a segment of it that believed in being self-sufficient was the smart thing to do for the future. To be totally dependent on others or a system for the basics needs of survival is risky business...imo
Vino Vino Vino for everyone!

TM, it must be our generation or a segment of it that believed in being self-sufficient was the smart thing to do for the future. To be totally dependent on others or a system for the basics needs of survival is risky business...imo
Vino Vino Vino for everyone!
Sí Amigo. Is that dog in your signature line part Doberman?

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
He's a minature-pincher or a minature doberman. I used to have dobies back in the seventies to guard our homes and stash house. I used to import from New Mexico and Texas. Hauling 450 elbows in trunks. Crazy way to live, but it was fun city all the time....until time caught up with me.

He's a minature-pincher or a minature doberman. I used to have dobies back in the seventies to guard our homes and stash house. I used to import from New Mexico and Texas. Hauling 450 elbows in trunks. Crazy way to live, but it was fun city all the time....until time caught up with me.

He's cool looking. I've moved a little weight around but not that many pounds in my trunk. I too know a little about time. Arizona & Texas.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
That was the most ever, we might have done that amount twice. You remember something that big, ya know. We used Buick Electras...... what a huge trunk they had.

That was the most ever, we might have done that amount twice. You remember something that big, ya know. We used Buick Electras...... what a huge trunk they had.
And they rode/ride like a dream. I used to sport one of those giant Buick Rivieras with the great big rear windows once. 455 cubic inch two door car. Couldnt pass a gas station up with it but I could tear the highway up between here and Dallas

phrike

I remember when,.......

High school. Late 1970's. Southern Ontario, Canada.

5 of us would kick in $5 each for the $25 needed for a half ounce.

Friends older, hippie look brother dealt out a downtown parking lot he worked for. Good (at the time) Columbian, seeded of course. Cue the double album covers for deseeding.... :)

Half bag would usually last at least until Saturday night. Sometimes ridiculously large joints were attempted, but almost never finished. Nosers with "squeeze tokes" at the local school yard, with sparkling lighter flashes to greet you when you recovered, LOL.

Visiting the "India Boutique" head shop. Colorful pipes, the "Grow yer own stone book" (still have mine LOL), Balance beam scale in brass (Still have that too.)

Trying to grow. Seeds turns to scraggly seedlings. 60 watt incandescent bulb in a box with no ventilation. Smoking small almost useless leaves when it died.

LSD, $4 a hit. $110 for 50 on blotter. Yin yang. Mr Natural. Rare purple microdot.

ibjamming

Veteran
We would wait for Don Kirshners Rock Concert each weekend for our rock fix. Alcapolco Gold and Panama Red hit the nieghborhood for $30. an oz.

:jump:

I dated his daughter for a short time...she was the friend of my friends girlfriend...I got "stuck" with her. She was a fucking skank!

I don't know about everyone else, but even with all of today's advancements, etc. and how easy life is, I MISS the good old days. Life was so much easier back then regardless of how primitive it was.

Life was easier because there weren't so many choices. Studies have shown that too many choices leads to unhappiness. People are afraid they've made the wrong choice and worry about it.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
i remember getting high and listening to my walkman , this doesnt mean I would trade you my ipod for a walkman, its nice how somethings have advanced like bomb weed and tecnology ,also I used to remember chicks werent all such sluts as now a days, which is good thing for us now adays.....?
you gotta lov it 2010 bombweed , sluts, ipods, things arnt looking terrible to me?

peace TS

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I remember when stereos first came out in the late 50s before that it was HI FI with tweeter horn speakers. 45 RPMs were the home records for popular music of the times. Didn't have transistor radios or tapes it was the dark ages compared to today. Yeah I'm an old F%@#*ER

Last edited:
F

feral

box of chocolate chip cookies, quart of milk, a columbian buzz and a pocket full of quarters at the local convenience store trying to beat Pac-Man or Space Invaders.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
that it was not wrong, if you are sitting in a car with your parents (without seatbelts) and both parents were smoking cigarettes :1help: