What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor sativa grow question

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Consider LST strategies for your big pot sativas.

Those plants will go for the lights like it's their job.

I do a thunk, which is a hybrid, in 16 oz cups and easily go 36"
if I didn't train to fit my 24" headroom.

dddaver

Veteran
I personally never top, supercrop, or fim. But that's because I usually grow hybrids and I've found recovery time from those techniques is usually too long. But sativas, or hazes in particular, are a whole different breed. And it's needed it to moderate crazy stretch. I do LST and Scrog but the stress recovery from those techniques, if seen at all, is just days or even hours. But again, sativas are a different breed and need it.

Fitzera

Lst will definitely be going on. Like I said, the only reason theyve been transplanted out of the solo cups into 1gal (2 in bigger as I didnt have enough on hand) is because I'm headed on 2 week holiday as soon as I get home from work. I'm going to be utilizing blumats while im away and obviously need a larger pot for them.

So before I leave, they all get topped. When I return home, I'll be topping again and beginning their training. 2 weeks following that, is roughly when ill switch to flowering.

I'll make adjustments as I go and see how everything is doing and reacting. I'm quite excited to be delving into this side of things!

Keep the tips coming, I'm taking this all in!

Fitzera

So I figure I'd give an update as how things have been going.

My wife got the tent and everything set up for me while I was away at work. When I got home I only had a couple hours to tend to the garden, sleep, pack and load up the vehicle for a 2 week holiday. I managed to get the blumats set up and a little prune.

Got back from holidays and noticed things were not as they should be...checked the timers, they had been set for 10/14 rather than the 14/10 they were supposed to be under. I should have checked the timers before we left.

I only had a day to tend to the garden and get ready to go back to work for another 2 weeks so i got them transplanted, trimmed and set back to vegetation hours. My reason for that was they had started flowering much much smaller than I wanted, even with most of them being sativa.

Got home and over the first week of my time off I've set them back to flowering, this time on 11/13. I've cut them back quite a bit, cleaned up the bottom 1/3 of them and tried super cropping for the first time.

All in all I think it's gone well, even with the mistakes. I havent found any male flowers anywhere! Even with the added stress. That was a huge concern. Even the polyhybrid ethos blackfirechem hasnt hermied. But they look goofy as hell, everything that was bud developing has stretched out. All the trichomes that had started, didnt go anywhere...so now I've got larger leaves and stems loaded with trichomes. When you think you're finally going to have a grow without issues...you're wrong haha

One of the cbg destroyer never stretched, at all. Its tiny compared to the rest. It's starting to stretch now though.
Also, I figure I have room for more training as required while the stretch and lots of stakes to utilize.

After culling a male and an awful genetic mutation, what's left is:

2 Ace Zamaldelica fems
2 CBG Destroyer fems
2 Ace Panama x Benji Haze fems
1 Peak Seeds Sweet C99
1 Beanhorder Sour D x SSH
1 Ethos Black Fire Chem Fem

20190822_182131.jpg
How things were after 2 weeks back in veg
20190830_155635.jpg
How things are today
20190830_155651.jpg