What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Things I didn't know but probably should have

dddaver

Veteran
This thread is for posting things that strike you that probably are general knowledge, but you just didn't realize it. This thread is mostly not to admit nativity or ignorance, but more to educate others that may have the same thought process as you.

I thought I was fairly well versed in the cannabis culture (that is a story in itself) but I was kinda shocked to realize Charlotte's Web is merely hemp. And all the Stanley brothers is Colorado grow IS hemp. All that noise about weed corrupting people is even more insane in THAT light. It all was concerning hemp, at it's core. CA-WAA-ZY!

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Didn't know that Dave. OTOH unless it was passed off as Charlaotte's web, I can guarantee you it wasn't hemp.

ronbo51

Veteran
Senomyx. They put it in almost all processed food. It is often lumped in with "natural flavors" in the ingredient list. EVIL.

Last edited:
M

moose eater

Barometric pressure is thought (by some fairly bright folks) to determine when fish are feeding/biting, more so than lunar phase.

(*Tosses Farmer's Almanac out window...)

rolandomota

Veteran
The only thing lunar phases are for is to keep track of how old your plants are and when their will be more light at night that's it so I always shake my head at people who think they have some kind of special thing and plant seeds when the moon is full lol

The only thing lunar phases are for is to keep track of how old your plants are and when their will be more light at night that's it so I always shake my head at people who think they have some kind of special thing and plant seeds when the moon is full lol

Lunar phases were/are observed for the purpose of higher germination due to the ground retaining more moisture during the waxing then waning phases. Its pretty simple and naturally people used the moon as a calendar, henceforth the word Moonth or Month. Crops that grow above the soil are planted according to the Waxing just like the underground crop being planted during the Waning.

As for the mystic side of this, there's none and those type of people tend towards being lunatics LOL ��

Last edited:

MedFaced

I had just learned about Charlottes Web just recently doing research for a relative over a sick animal. It totally made sense and fit my bias towards CBD oil. Have you seen their website? It basically just reads like a GNC ad.

With all the seed vendors rushing out to capitalize on branding, there’s a bunch of cannabis strains riding the wave of that name now adding confusion.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I had just learned about Charlottes Web just recently doing research for a relative over a sick animal. It totally made sense and fit my bias towards CBD oil. Have you seen their website? It basically just reads like a GNC ad.

With all the seed vendors rushing out to capitalize on branding, there’s a bunch of cannabis strains riding the wave of that name now adding confusion.
Well I'll be damned. Thanks :tiphat:

MedFaced

My old boss used to buy this really expensive stuff call Clearex for flushing out our hydro. It was like $100 for a big 5 gallon tub. One day I was curious so I looked at the ingredients. It was almost all water with a tiny bit of sugar.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I plant by the moon always have. From what I have learned all cannabis sativa is hemp. It was first brought to America by Europeans, mainly people like Christopher Columbus, they carried kegs of seeds in case they were shipwrecked somewhere there was no hemp so they could make ropes, clothes, and of course sails. The Nebraska no high is from farmers growing hemp for the pioneers rope, clothes, and canvas for the wagons, The word canvas comes from cannabis. They grew hemp durning ww 2, I have a bed cover made from hemp, I remember the army surplus green tents that were made from hemp. It is one of the most useful plants on the planet. Not to mention cannabis Indica that is the drug we all know and love...

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
My old boss used to buy this really expensive stuff call Clearex for flushing out our hydro. It was like $100 for a big 5 gallon tub. One day I was curious so I looked at the ingredients. It was almost all water with a tiny bit of sugar.
Homemade recipe I got in my notes is:

• 120g dextrose
  • 60g sucrose
  • per litre

ChinggisKhaan

I trout fish by the moon. Between the new and the full is red hot in my part of the Sierra.
Caught 27 the first week of May. Usually limit out in the first half hour (limit is 5)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Using Farmer's Almanac, we generally plant (germinate) seeds a few days before full moon. If it works for the Amish, I'm in!

dddaver

Veteran
I've never paid much attention to the moon phase when planting but I do seem to have better luck at certain times. Logic would dictate that the best times would be around the full moon when the magnetic pull is the greatest. That pull does effect nature such as the tides. So airbuds method has science behind it.

M

moose eater

Yep, lunar phase and tides are definitely related. Barometric pressure and lunar phases, I'm not so sure.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I've never paid much attention to the moon phase when planting but I do seem to have better luck at certain times. Logic would dictate that the best times would be around the full moon when the magnetic pull is the greatest. That pull does effect nature such as the tides. So airbuds method has science behind it.
Spark another Dave, you don't make sense!

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Yep, lunar phase and tides are definitely related. Barometric pressure and lunar phases, I'm not so sure.
Well it is like this son. I am a cancer and as being a water sign I am affected by the moons. I don't give a damn what folks want to call it but as a human I feel the gravitational pull. 2 days before the moon , 2 days after. That's 10 days a month. The 1st moons of the qtr are especially bad. Put the entire planet on cannabis, would help alleviate the (human conditioned problems. ! 1/4 of the world population isd affected by he moon, one way or another.