What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phenohunting 500 seeds of rainbow mints from arctic genetics

Terjeperulf

full moon, put to soak 2 days before moon and over in soil yesterday, running.for the first time a proper sized phenohunt of the #RainbowMints.

Rainbow mints is a cross of animal mints bx1 from seedjunky, pollinated with a rainbow truffle (gelato#33x zkittlezwood) male from uprising seedco.

never tried a hunt of this size and im very excited and just as worried kicking this off as im like most growers these days little to familiar with herm issues at any point in rounds,and of course typical and heartbreakig accidental pollination in some rounds..

that being said, im expecting some fire to be found, putting previous keepers on the maby list after this run💦

wish me luck 🙏🌱🌿🐗🍪🥭🍨🍭🍉

Attachments

• IMG_20190617_162758_146.jpg
    IMG_20190617_162758_146.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20190615-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20190615-WA0002.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 24

Cvh

Supermod
Good luck! :lurk:
Don't mind me pulling up a seat and following this progress.

SuperBadGrower

So you're going to take 500 clones? Reveg? Micropropagation? What's the method? It will take a sizable operation just to keep all that alive

frostqueen

So you're going to take 500 clones? Reveg? Micropropagation? What's the method? It will take a sizable operation just to keep all that alive

Right? This was my exact thought. I've done 50 at once before and it was a massive undertaking. They were femmed, so 50 seedling plants went into flower after taking 50 cuttings, and then after pulling some along the way in flower for various traits I wasn't interested in it still left me with around 42.

Hope you have a turbocloner.

It was really great to see a large group of sisters this way, and it was a heartbreaking experience having to choose the best ones and let the others go. I kept 5, and have pared it down to one after 10 years.

theJointedOne

Veteran
you really dont start hitting the wall on a project like this until you realize you need to tend and care for at least 500 extra plants (assuming 2 clones per variety, if half the original stock is female) on top of the 250 of the 500 you start that end up being females that you want to see out to the finish...

1000 plants is not impossible to grow out at once, but even in 3 gal pots ur looking at at least 30k watts needed

Latest posts

Latest posts