What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blueberry Trials

rolandomota

Veteran
Yeah man the new description that changed a few years ago does not mention blueberry smell and flavor. Don't get them at hd you risk low germination get them fresh they just got released fresh flo and blue berry you can buy them at like 5 different places exclusive. Oregon elite seeds is one I haven't checked the others to see if its in stock

Bluedigiberry is a Dutch passion sativa pheno fem crossed to a male selected to pass blueberry smell n flavor made from a back cross to a clone of unknown origins from the 80s that has the smell an flavor then made f2 from ten seeds.
Begin tmi rant.....I had bad luck with the damn mail I sent payment wrong now I'm out 120 trying to buy 2 packs of this strain the worst part was the 10 pack deal of Greenpath seeds to germ test I missed out on. I screwed the pooch on this order my errand person fucked up o well I will try again. Register that mail it's like 15 $

rant over.

P.s. go to Jordan of the islands website he has two blueberries the original and a muffins edition . The muffins edition is out of stock

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since I too love the taste and smell of blueberries, and have no problems with working with crosses, AND because I ran into the man himself while at the Cannabis Cup this past weekend in MI, I bought Mosca's Old Time Moonshine (bx11?).

I will probably grow them out soon, so I'll hopefully be able to report on the smell/taste by the end of the year.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I knew there was a lot of blueberry and crosses out there but had no idea how many seed co. offer blueberry.

I will have to get the list together and figure out what's getting run. Dealing with 16 hr days working on my veg farm with one hand as I busted my right wrist.

Seeds will be ordered as soon as July

beta

Veteran
I knew there was a lot of blueberry and crosses out there but had no idea how many seed co. offer blueberry.

A lot of seed companies are offering seeds that they market as "Blueberry" because a lot of people are asking for it.

It's (almost) all BS, imo. I very much doubt that even 5% have any relation to anything resembling a Blueberry flavor.

Mark my words - The only thing 'Blueberry' about the majority of these seeds will be their name.

Railage

Researching where to get DJ Short Blueberry I was reading the strain description at hemp depot and it is different than anywhere else. I wonder if this is a newer blueberry line? It is out of stock most other places. I am going to get it from HD along with Joey and CAD/USA.

Blueberry

Indoor / Outdoor
Developed from different new genetic lines, unique to Europe. Also Blue Velvet and Flo are developed from totally new genetics. These genetics are of high quality, and have not been grown in Europe before. Mostly indica dating back to the mid 1970's. Large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple, and blue hues, usually cures to a lavender blue. Very fruity aroma, and taste of blueberry. Produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high. Highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. Blueberry Long shelf life, stores well of long periods.

Flowering indoors 45 to 55 days

I noticed it says "taste of blueberry" which has never been in the description before.

Interesting.

@DJShort if you happen to be cruising the boards here feel free to chime in. We would all love to hear your thoughts.

Harvestmutualseedbank has DJs Blueberry and Blueberry F5s, the description doesn’t change on them so I don’t know if they’re any different but that’s a place to look.

Railage

I’m very interested in the S.annie Blueberry Sativa, I need to just buy them but they’re just sitting in my cart.

I have 100 pack of Snowhighs Blueberry Blast (its not a pure Blueberry) that I need to go through, got 2 seedlings going right now.

madalasatori

Veteran
I grew a blue hash freebie from Dinafem and got plant that was almost entirely blueberry leaning of the indica type. Tasted great and smelled like blueberry muffins but not hugely potent.

I want to like blueberry but I’ve never really liked the high and I’ve tried loads over the years.

But yea Dinafem blue hash is worth a few beans

Great thread btw

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have some Fractal Blueberry. Lester, you've encouraged me to see how they grow! Have BB Moonshine, but like you, a good blueberry is awesomely wonderful!

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
does -everyone- have a 'blueberry' offering?
seems so.

makes me wonder why a (true) blueberry tasting and smelling plant is so hard to find...

hope you're feeling better, Lester. Take care of yourself first.

-cap

beta

Veteran
does -everyone- have a 'blueberry' offering?
seems so.

makes me wonder why a (true) blueberry tasting and smelling plant is so hard to find...

It's hard to find because there's a big gap between what people want and what is apparently possible.

People keep saying they've tasted 'Blueberry Muffins' phenos, but I've smoked a TON of herb and have never tasted anything even close.

My suspicion is that most people are misidentifying the 'Blue Dream' / GDP type terps as 'Blueberry' when they're really just a generic berry-ish flavor.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
My suspicion is that most people are misidentifying the 'Blue Dream' / GDP type terps as 'Blueberry' when they're really just a generic berry-ish flavor.

likewise.
hurts us all when people capitalize on a name just to make a few bucks.

sadly, its part of our game until wide scale DNA (and terpene) profiling and categorizing comes into play.
But, with big corporate money getting into the game now, this could me as much a blessing as a curse.

I, for one, don't trust corporate money any more than the growers/sellers and their false advertising.

which makes sites like this one (and the work Lester is undertaking) worth their weight in digital gold.

you wont be able to fool us if we all keep records of our work and post it for all to see.

-cap

nickman

Veteran
If you run Joey's version I recommend investing in several packs to select from. I sorted through a majority of lighter potency phenos but I found one with a great high.

Indy dom plants, good yield, hardy. A big contrast to the more delicate and petite modern blueberry. Mild to low odor on the terps, ranging from berry, to hashy/earthy/berry, to floral. I didn't find any killer muffin, candy, or syrup in the pack I ran, but I can see there's a wide range of phenos so with a larger population it might very well be in there.

I also ran half packs of DJ's newberry and happy pussy. Big step up in the terp department. Happy Pussy in particular had some very terpy ladies. Still, didn't find what I was looking for in there either but I only had 5 females between both lines. Definite potential in there.

I have any pics of those happy pussies

Stonecutter

The blueberry flavour/smell most certainly DOES exist. It may be infrequent, but when you come across it you will not mistake it for anything else.
It's not floral, not a 'bit berryish', it smells like sweet, perfectly ripe blueberries.

In my limited experience, I have so far only found that flavour and smell in Bluedigiberry.

My recent grow is still drying. So far I have only sampled one Joey Weed blueberry. It was some strong herb, but no blueberry smell. It was more of a citrus and fuel smell.

But if you take some of DJ Shorts Blueberry and make seeds with it, you can either call it blueberry or just make up some nonsence. Regardless of what it smells like.

But once you have had that flavour, you will say to yourself, 'That is why it's called blueberry!', not the autumnul colours or any 'blue' on the leaves etc.

Gotta have faith, blessed are those who believe and have not smelt...