What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blueberry Trials

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I 100% used to get blueberry nugs in late 90s early 2000 that was the tastiest most amazing blueberry. Full true blueberry lingering sesquaterps that lasted on the tongue like original purple erkle or gdp. Sweet sugary blue fruits. I miss it dearly. Cant wait to see how this goes. I think i just got inspired to try a line myself. Id probably go peakseeds although their northern berry was solid, it was lacking in flavor overall. But it had distinct blueberry smell. Maybe I got an nl leaner it tasted more citrusy. I must try a pack of the blue now too!

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I’m in... :)

I’ve only ever grown Blueberry crosses but have smoked pure BB. I’ve got a batch of OTM coming to me hopefully.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had good results with peak back in the 90's but have had difficulty finding something as good in the last few years. Closest is recently some otm from mosca, I bought a new pack to run as there is definitely some real deal blueberry in those beans.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Late in 2018 I bought C99 & blueberry from HD in Cannaddada, Brothers Grim. by Joey Weed.
I'm running the C99 now and she looks great (no obvious identifiable smells), 3 more weeks to the finish.

The Blueberry will be popped later this year or maybe early 2020, I'll read about your progress, maybe it'll inspire me.. thanks for the reporting.. hope it all works out maavelously for you/us.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whenever these blueberry threads pop up, someone always mentions Mosca and Joey Weed. I know Mosca only deals with crosses, so by your standard he's out. But I'm not familiar with Joey Weed. Sounds like he might have what you're looking for.

When I get to the CC in Michigan next weekend, I'm going to try and find some Mosca seeds. His OTM crosses sound delicious.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Hey Lester, if you need testers, I'd be happy to make space for some blueberries. :biggrin:

GoatCheese

Veteran
I've seen dozens of blueberry cuts and even more crosses.

Never, not once, have I came across any blueberry flavor.

Lots of blueberry smells, though. The stankiest blueberry cut I've ever come across made the room absolutely REEK of blueberries, had no potency and no flavor to speak of.
The BB from Dutch Passion (reg seeds 10 years ago) i pictured on the first page had a blueberry taste too, not just smell. There was also "berry" indica in those DP seeds but the aroma didn't carry to the smoke. Some plants hermied proper, the BB in the picture crew some nanners in late bloom. She also started out as a freak from the seed but later grew fairly normally.

GoatCheese

Veteran
There's some Blueberry Sativa - line being sold at S annies. Made with few different DJ's BB lines from Reeferman and Motarebel. 30 euros.
I'm kinda tempted thou i'm not that into BB anymore.

Stonecutter

I am keen to see your results with this.

A while ago I grew some of Verdant Greens' Blue digiberry, there were a mix of blueberry smells and a range of flavours, but mostly they smelt and tasted like blueberry fruits to varying degrees. Range of flavours and highs, but all of them were worth growing.

I did a smoke report in Verdant's thread, there was one particular female that had the most amazing blueberry syrup smell and taste, with a great sativa high. The clones I took didn't take, which I hugely regret, and it wouldn't reveg for me. But that was one of my favourite plants I have grown in 25 years. Got some more seeds, trying to find something similar, but I have so many seeds, a small grow...

I believe the mother of the bluedigiberry is a DP blueberry which passes on here blueberry flavour without doubt.

I am just about to chop down some more Blue digiberry and some Joey Weed blueberry. So far there have most definately been some with the blueberry smell, although this seems to have changed as the plants matured. My stealth cabinet makes it hard to get at the plants at the back, but there is a range of growth types and smells. There have also been some nice purpling colours, and it's summer here. I will update in a couple of weeks on those.

In my experience, the first blueberry I grew was back in 1999 from Sargamatha seeds. The females were potent indica-dominant (WLD or whatever, you all know what I mean) and green. No blueberry smells or colouring. While it was strong it put me off the line as it didn't match the description.

A friend grew some of DJ's True Blueberry a few years ago, sadly nothing special, and certainly no blueberry smell/taste.

But the flavour is out there, it just seems that it's not 100% dominant, and with all respect to DJ Short, it doesn't appear to be in his blueberry any more.

All just my opinions of course. Will back up my claims with some pictures post harvest.

Lifebreather

Veteran
The BB from Dutch Passion (reg seeds 10 years ago) i pictured on the first page had a blueberry taste too, not just smell. There was also "berry" indica in those DP seeds but the aroma didn't carry to the smoke. Some plants hermied proper, the BB in the picture crew some nanners in late bloom. She also started out as a freak from the seed but later grew fairly normally.

Being in Oregon, not a whole lot of DP bb going around.

Mostly DJ's phenos, crosses, and his personal parent stock, too. All kinds of phenotypes both indica and sat.

Just no flavor, here.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Blue GB smells and tastes like blueberries of various flavors when you smoke it.
The blueberry was isolated from blue satellite 2.2 and f3ed before crossing to the GB.
They all taste like blueberry. I see you don't want no crosses tho.

beta

Veteran
My Blue GB smells and tastes like blueberries of various flavors when you smoke it.
The blueberry was isolated from blue satellite 2.2 and f3ed before crossing to the GB.
They all taste like blueberry. I see you don't want no crosses tho.

What did you think of Blue Satellite 2.2 all around? I've had a pack sitting around forever but the reviews I read were mixed at best.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What did you think of Blue Satellite 2.2 all around? I've had a pack sitting around forever but the reviews I read were mixed at best.

I grew half of one of my packs last year and ended up with 2 females.

But I screwed up the grow and wasn't happy with how any of my plants turned out. The Blue Sat 2.2 did do very well despite my best efforts to kill them. The smoke was good, but nothing really stood out about them other than they took a hell of a beating from me and still did well.

Now that I'm back in the swing of things, I may revisit them and see if I can find something I like.

But I have a lot of old seed stock I still need to sort through. I've got a pack of old AK47 that's been burning a hole in my pocket for the last several years.:biggrin:

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
There's some Blueberry Sativa - line being sold at S annies. Made with few different DJ's BB lines from Reeferman and Motarebel. 30 euros.
I'm kinda tempted thou i'm not that into BB anymore.

Beat me to it, Cheese.
Ive ordered from him in the past (Killing Fields, Shiva, S annies Jack, Herijuana, Recovery Haze, etc) and all of them were as advertised.

He states he used a Blueberry Sativa from Reeferman and a Blueberry Indica F10 from DJs stock, so, that, to me, sounds like a good place to look as well. Price is right, too, considering most banks charge $50 or more for 10 seeds of something that 'might' be blueberry.

S annie is a standup cat and this is a good lead.

Might just grab some, myself, while Im at it.

Keep updating your progress. These threads pop up a lot, but, most either fade out or end in disappointment. A true smelling AND tasting blueberry is hard to come by......been almost 20 years for me, but, with the rise of chemdawgs and the like, it took a back seat for many. Kudos to you for taking up the torch.

-cap

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Beat me to it, Cheese.
Ive ordered from him in the past (Killing Fields, Shack, ******s Jack, Herijuana, Recovery Haze, etc) and all of them were as advertised.

He states he used a Blueberry Sativa from Reeferman and a Blueberry Indica F10 from DJs stock, so, that, to me, sounds like a good place to look as well. Price is right, too, considering most banks charge $50 or more for 10 seeds of something that 'might' be blueberry.

S annie is a standup cat and this is a good lead.

Might just grab some, myself, while Im at it.

Keep updating your progress. These threads pop up a lot, but, most either fade out or end in disappointment. A true smelling AND tasting blueberry is hard to come by......been almost 20 years for me, but, with the rise of chemdawgs and the like, it took a back seat for many. Kudos to you for taking up the torch.
-cap
He is a good man... his herijuana is?/was very good.
I been thinking of ordering from him.. prices are right too.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yep mixed bag. I selected for smell, taste and resin production. By f3 they were breeding true for the blueberry. Its my blueberry block to use for breeding.
Several have said the blue gb is the best blueberry they have had in years. I have full sib and backcross lines as well as my f3.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Being in Oregon, not a whole lot of DP bb going around.

Mostly DJ's phenos, crosses, and his personal parent stock, too. All kinds of phenotypes both indica and sat.

Just no flavor, here.
Yea, they still sell the original Cup winning Blueberry cut in Amsterdam i believe, atleast they did few years ago when i had it from Mellow Yellow before it closed; i'm under the impression that it came from Dutch Passion also. It's abit different to the BB Muffin plant i had, it's more sort of blueberry syrup/candy and you'll get a berry taste from that one too. It wasn't as potent as that BB Muffin i had but still very nice BB Indica.:)