What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Jesus and 'The Holy Bible':::::::

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
So when a child dies of malaria - yes an innocent baby is born to this world - lives for a few months then dies a very painful and un-necessary/preventable death - this is GODS WILL?

Why on earth would any deity condone the suffering of infants and others - when they are supposed to have the power to prevent this?

Is god some sort of sadist?

Cancer has got more common since modern industrial society due to more toxic compounds. God's design is perfect though. Because of the difficult things we go through, things happen that couldn't have otherwise occurred. Its God's design, we will never know everything that happens. With God all things are possible.

God knows the heart, he wants us to remain thankful and keep the hope of the glory of God's creation.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its hard to see the suffering going on, and there is suffering. But here's what God said in His Word/scripture.

Look at 2 Peter 1 3-5

3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the [c]corruption that is in the world through lust.

2 Peter 1 New King James Version (NKJV)

Greeting the Faithful

1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have [a]obtained like[b] precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the [c]corruption that is in the world through lust.
Fruitful Growth in the Faith

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control [d]perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither [e]barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Peter’s Approaching Death

12 For this reason I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things, though you know and are established in the present truth. 13 Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this [f]tent, to stir you up by reminding you, 14 knowing that shortly I must [g]put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me. 15 Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my [h]decease.
The Trustworthy Prophetic Word

16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. 17 For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” 18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
19 [i]And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private [j]interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but [k]holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I think people have misinterpreted the Bible. By studying the Bible and praying to God/Jesus, God will allow you to learn Truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Cancer has got more common since modern industrial society due to more toxic compounds. God's design is perfect though. Because of the difficult things we go through, things happen that couldn't have otherwise occurred. Its God's design, we will never know everything that happens. With God all things are possible.

God knows the heart, he wants us to remain thankful and keep the hope of the glory of God's creation.

He doesn't fuss with us. No matter how much or how hard you pray, it ain't gonna help. He's as deaf, dumb and blind to humans as he is to a grain of sand. He started it all off with the word. One sound begat a reaction that cascaded to what we have. There's no need to mess with it. From strings, quantum fluctuations, the movement of particles and atoms to gravity down to a single photon crossing Boötes Void (The Emptiest Place in the Universe). All perfect, all unfolding, all evolving as intended.

Life is what we make of it, not what will be made for us.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
John 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He doesn't fuss with us. No matter how much or how hard you pray, it ain't gonna help. He's as deaf, dumb and blind to humans as he is to a grain of sand. He started it all off with the word. One sound begat a reaction that cascaded to what we have. There's no need to mess with it. From strings, quantum fluctuations, the movement of particles and atoms to gravity down to a single photon crossing Boötes Void (The Emptiest Place in the Universe). All perfect, all unfolding, all evolving as intended.

Life is what we make of it, not what will be made for us.

From what I can tell, when we pray to God with a frame of mind of thankfulness and loving God, God will heal our mind to elevate us to be more like God. His divine power has given us all things pertaining to life and Godliness. He's given us a choice, choose doubt,worry, sorrow, and death, or to choose life and be elevated to the mind and truth of the knowledge of the divinity of God/Creation.

Believe me, when you pray, things happen! God's heart is manifested through all creation, and when we pray, the pieces begin to arrange to teach us things and make us thankful for God's mercy and steadfast love.

That's the Gospel!

Matthew 28:18-20 nkjv

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go [c]therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” [d]Amen.

White Beard

Nearly 2000 years of top-down spin-doctoring makes us read things into the Bible: witness the notion, erupted several times here already, that *EVERYTHING is *for* ‘God’ and his glory.

Why does God need “glory”? Is he insecure? Do the other Gods laugh at him? Is this universe his Minecraft project, intended to show them all? Or do we just believe we need to reject everything except making him feel good about himself? If so, why? Will he make things WORSE for us if we don’t?

If hurricanes and tornados and floods and disease are signs of Gods wrath for humans doing things, why isn’t his destruction of churches (and of preachers) ever considered a sign of Gods displeasure?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ I think about that a lot... Why is God so insecure to need this constant flood of glory all the time? And then why does he punish with wrath when he doesn't get it? It's almost as if this "God" is actually, not-so-secretly a wet dream imagined in the mind of man.

I also wonder what happens when two opposing sides of a conflict pray to God with equal amounts of grace and humility for their side to be the victor? How does God work that out? It seems to me that there is always someone necessarily getting the shit end of the stick whenever someone is being helped by Gawd. For a loving creator he sure likes there to be winners and losers. He seems like a sociopath, strictly based on the explanations of people who subscribe to him.

'Boogieman'

Somewhere, in some other planet orbiting some very distant star, maybe another galaxy, there could well be entities that are at least as intelligent as we are, and are interested in science. It is not impossible. I think there probably are lots. Very likely none is close enough to interact with us, but they could be out there very easily. And suppose they have […] very different sensory apparatus and so on, they have seven tentacles, and they have fourteen little funny-looking compound eyes, and a brain shaped like a pretzel, would they really have different laws? Lots of people would believe that, and I think it is utter balony. … They [the three principles in nature] are emergent properties. … Life can emerge from physics and chemistry plus a lot of accidents. The human mind can arise from neurobiology and a lot of accidents.

Bottom line, we are aliens. We are your children.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Nearly 2000 years of top-down spin-doctoring makes us read things into the Bible: witness the notion, erupted several times here already, that *EVERYTHING is *for* ‘God’ and his glory.

Why does God need “glory”? Is he insecure? Do the other Gods laugh at him? Is this universe his Minecraft project, intended to show them all? Or do we just believe we need to reject everything except making him feel good about himself? If so, why? Will he make things WORSE for us if we don’t?

If hurricanes and tornados and floods and disease are signs of Gods wrath for humans doing things, why isn’t his destruction of churches (and of preachers) ever considered a sign of Gods displeasure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JshpudGeRfQ

:tiphat:

EsterEssence

Veteran
So if we all started from Adam& eve, we are a bunch of inbred people. How did some people turn black? Where did oriental people come from? They say earth is only 6000 years old, why don’t they find human bones with dinosaurs? I think it’s a fairy tale that people believe in, and some are obsessed with...

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
In the respect of the other religion belies, it's better keep God out of icmag. The faith never goes flaunted.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hard to keep the mention or stories about gods out of ICMAG indabongo - if some members believe in that stuff - since they are here, and want to chat about it - Even those who don't believe in any gods want to talk about it - Religions and belief systems are very interesting to study - particularly the history of them in my mind.

Is there any actual archeological proof that Jesus actually existed?

- a while ago I was reading some pages about some top archeologist/scientist/historian who did a study to find any real proof from Judean/Roman manuscripts around the time he was supposed to be around - which aparently do exist - and there was no mention of this Christ the Saviour fella. Maybe he was erased from the history of that time - or never actually existed?

How long after the supposed death of Christ did the first bible go into production?

The Qu'ran was written around 200 years after Mo was slaughtering jewish people and taking slaves - makes ya wonder though if this holy book was written 200 years after this prophet was supposed to be on this earth, then it was written by those that never knew him - so how can it be accurate? -

In the respect of the other religion belies, it's better keep God out of icmag. The faith never goes flaunted.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Thanks for the negative reputation Mr. Pipeline. Your open mind and respect for the thought of others its A great example of Christianity.
A Mouth full of "holy" words but if you see a needy you turn around on the other side...

W

Water-

Hard to keep the mention or stories about gods out of ICMAG indabongo - if some members believe in that stuff - since they are here, and want to chat about it - Even those who don't believe in any gods want to talk about it - Religions and belief systems are very interesting to study - particularly the history of them in my mind.

Is there any actual archeological proof that Jesus actually existed?

- a while ago I was reading some pages about some top archeologist/scientist/historian who did a study to find any real proof from Judean/Roman manuscripts around the time he was supposed to be around - which aparently do exist - and there was no mention of this Christ the Saviour fella. Maybe he was erased from the history of that time - or never actually existed?

How long after the supposed death of Christ did the first bible go into production?

The Qu'ran was written around 200 years after Mo was slaughtering jewish people and taking slaves - makes ya wonder though if this holy book was written 200 years after this prophet was supposed to be on this earth, then it was written by those that never knew him - so how can it be accurate? -

This guy Richard Carrier has done a ton of research on the historocity of Jesus and the origin of the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUYRoYl7i6U&t=24s

Its worth a listen if your interested.

Basically he says that it was invented by the Romans

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Jesus story its a copy of egiptian's god horus. If you study the Christian iconography, especially the introduction in the middle ages of the virgin Mary figure, you see one of the most big marketing operation for the mass control