What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp Terry Fabric

Vladb

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some information regarding hemp textiles and this seems like a good place to ask. I'm interested in towel terry fabric made of hemp, but everywhere I look I find hemp and cotton blends, but never 100% hemp. To the point I'm starting to think hemp can't be made soft enough to use in towels.

Is it possible to make a soft terry fabric out of hemp? Does anyone know a manufacturer, preferably small and local, that can make a soft terry of pure hemp? If anyone could help me out, I would be very grateful.

Cheers,

Vladb

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is sooooo possible...

The finest linens of old were traditionally made from flax and hemp.

I think most of the problem is that prohibition has dried up supplies and made it expensive to produce.

With this new fake legalization supplies should begin to increase in the near future... (10-20 years)
So long as there are folks willing to grow for the fibre content.

St. Phatty

I use cotton towels as bird cage liners and then the cotton becomes part of the compost.

Which will be eaten by a pot plant or 2 this summer. :)

So then the cotton becomes part of the Hemp. Sort of.

Hopefully it will be good smoking Hemp. :woohoo: