What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the best African landraces?

W

Water-

The comment has relativity to your concern with a small scale reproduction of the malawi.
Nobody questions affie #1.
Thats about it though.

Sam skunk has said it takes like 1000 ea males n females to make all genetics not bottlenecked, somewhere recently here...that means 99.9 percent of strains suffer from bottleneck over time.

Do think Affie #1 is good herb?

I never did

ngakpa

Veteran
Water,

Afghani no. 1 is a landrace. See the connection? I knew you could.

worth noting:

Afghani No. 1 began life as a landrace, with those six seeds from Kabul

but it's not a landrace any longer

landraces (ie., domesticated landraces) are cultivated through traditional methods

whereas Afghani No. 1 has had decades of modern breeding work

that makes it entirely different from traditional landraces such as are still cultivated in the Hindu Kush

Cvh

Supermod
.:comfort:

Im not interested in showing you how long my dick is, sorry.
I dont care if you know anything about my past, Im not here to brag about where Ive been and what i have done.

maybe you should PM me.
for the last couple days you have been attempting to trigger me so why dont you just get what ever is bothering you off your mind.

I dont sell what I collect and never claimed to be a reproducer of anything.

If I was selling the seeds I would give the info to who ever I was asking money from.

Allright. I guess the truth will be just as I suspected.

Cvh

Supermod
Nonetheless, I think it's a great job that was done to reproduce the Afropips Malawi Gold strain. It's a true honor to the man that was behind Afropips.
And I also want to do a shootout to 'The Real Seed Company' for making these seeds back available to the community with seed preservation as the main focus and not economic interest.

I can only hope my message might reach these good people. May the light shine on them.

W

Water-

Mel Frank is super sketchy and was friends with Reagans anti drug advisor,
also buddies with Dave Watson.

this is his story:

"Well, at that time, a local grower gave me an Afghani, it was actually an original Afghani landrace, and I bred to improve it. It became Afghani 1 since it was my most potent Afghani. I grew Congolese, Nigerian, South African, Nepalese, Pakistani, Thai, Cambodian, besides the usual Mex and Colombian. I also met [legendary cannabis breeders and Hortapharm founders] Dave Watson and Rob Clarke at that time, this was in maybe about ’78, ’79. They came to see me and pretty soon we were trading seeds. Dave Watson gave me Haze, he gave me some South Indian, he gave me a Nepali. I don’t think he gave me Skunk #1 at that time as I don’t remember growing it. I gave him the Afghani 1 and my Durban Poison." - Mel Frank

https://www.paradiseburning.com/sin...We-Were-Criminals-An-Interview-with-Mel-Frank

Hempy McNoodle

Since I can finally post pics, here is a pic of one of my Black Afghani (Underground Seed Co) females.
picture.php

EdenEnvy0001

About to try some APMG via RSC Soon And it’s been a lovely few months.
Using periodic supplemental UVA/b And co2 saturation to see if I can Jack up the thcV molecule production
Really want to try The mulanje Malawi highland heirloom and Zamal, and Kilimanjaro but seems like it’s mostly been. hybridized If you find it at all these days

Latest posts

Latest posts