What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P Notre Dame Cathedral

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Just a few hours ago a fire started in Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Chances are it's going to be a total lose.

R.I.P. Notre Dame

Paris will not be the same with due to the lose.

Last edited:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
RIP indeed, there goes Easter and more, beyond sad.:cry:

edit to add: and I sure hope this was an accident.

Dee.S73

It's really terrible...
Seen it first in 95.
Was the only church I did like to be in for more than 10 seconds.
It's indeed a sad day for Paris.
DS

W

Water-

"Vandals and arsonists have targeted French churches in a wave of attacks that has lasted nearly two months.

More than 10 churches have been hit since the beginning of February, with some set on fire while others were severely desecrated or damaged.

St. Sulpice, the second-largest church in Paris, after Notre Dame Cathedral, had the large wooden door on its southern transept set ablaze March 17.

Investigators confirmed March 18 that the fire was started deliberately"

igrowone

Veteran
i'm seeing it won't be a complete loss
towers will be preserved
the wood interior though, that looks to be gone

Badfishy1

They probably not go to rebuild it the same; the perfection in the woodworking art is lost nowadays

Can’t say it’s ‘lost’. But one will pay top dollar for quality work. Then again what’s a few million shekels to the church? Isn’t that the reason they pass the shiny plate around? Or was that to buy your way into heaven? Either way, won’t be a penny pinched

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The UK tabloid press is trying to say it's a scam. That the towers will be alright, and that is what brings visitors. The rest was crumbling and beyond economic repair. So now there can be a new easy to manage building behind the iconic frontage.

The American story is going to be more about starting a religious war.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
they're already looking for someone to blame

Its already known who is behind it...same people who trued to blow it up in ‘16. I’m not sure you’d find much/any info on that attempt, though.

One thing is for sure, it wasn’t the French.

Its too bad nothing is sacred anymore.
Historic churches(of all faiths), monastaries, and religious statues are being erased from the face of the Earth and from Sanghas in the name of extremism.

The bombing of the Bamiyan Buddhas broke my heart as well.

Badfishy1

Its already known who is behind it...same people who trued to blow it up in ‘16. I’m not sure you’d find much/any info on that attempt, though.

One thing is for sure, it wasn’t the French.

Its too bad nothing is sacred anymore.
Historic churches(of all faiths), monastaries, and religious statues are being erased from the face of the Earth and from Sanghas in the name of extremism.

The bombing of the Bamiyan Buddhas broke my heart as well.

I don’t think the white washing of history is a new phenomenon... of course it’s same organization that tried to blow it up before. Will NEVER be covered tho. It’s impossible to place blame on anybody other than a white conservative male without a social media outcry of being an -ist or a -phobe

Latest posts

Latest posts