What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Am I the OLDEST member here?

DrDee

I remember my first U.S. President! Harry Truman :smoke: 69

Hey Pinball Wizard...you were at most 3 years old when Truman left office. Precocious little tyke, weren't you? :)

I was less political back then but I do remember Dwight D. Eisenhower. I remember our first TV too...right around then.
Cheers,
JD

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I'm a few years younger but not much.

I also remember Dwight D. Eisenhower and our first TV, I remember being very pissed off 'cause Howdy Doody was kicked off the air due to political coverage. :biggrin:

T

Teddybrae

I 'm so old I can't remember whether or not I 've posted here before.

And I haven't got the energy to read the thread from beginning to end.

Oh how tired my weary bones are! How the pain of moving even my little toe invades the calm centre of my brain and shatters its equanimity!!!

Actually, see, my fingers have danced over the keyboard in a wondrous display of geriatric nimbility ... nimbleness ... nimble ... ness.

I 'm a bit older than 70. Can't you tell?

G

If I make it to February I'll be 63. I clearly remember the Cuban missile crisis and seeing the chart in the newspaper showing the level of destruction in concentric circles of a nuclear attack where I lived. I remember being greatly relieved that we were in the band of utter destruction instead of vaporized in the bullseye. Ha!!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
This thread makes me feel like a kid again! I should pop in here more often. ;)

Happy B-Day, Ratzilla!

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just touching the beginning of mid in my mid 60's, also been smoking since 1969 :dance013:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Looks like we are gonna have to do the ICMAG mobility scooter rare land-race hunt soon - for all of us oldies - now can you get a good one for the mountains? - lol

How does this one look? : https://www.mobilityscootersplus.co...MIuOuZn9HO3wIVU4XVCh2FpwPYEAQYAiABEgI0tvD_BwE

I imagine you guy's coming home like this

attachment.php

Attachments

• handi trailer.jpg
    handi trailer.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 33

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
When ever I see one of those it reminds me of my ex mother in law. She had a DUI at 65 (her 4th or 5th). Her hips were totally fucked, so we got her a scooter like that to get around. She had one of her friends install a basket in front that was big enough to carry a 24 case of beer.

Well, off she goes to the beer store one day and loads up. On her way home she stopped at her local pub. She get's hammered, jumps on her scooter, falls off a curb onto the road and was injured so she ended up in the hospital. Get this.... the cops nailed her for DUI again! HAhahahaha...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
71 in 2018.
I've become most passive. Still in relatively good health but it is some
:fsu:.........................................:biggrin:

wish i didnt grow up liking macaroni, bread and beer as much.
and vaping doesnt help much either.. physically. mentally??? IDoeNO.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Looking over this thread and reading the humorous responses by folks well above 60, it is safe to conclude that weed does NOT have adverse effects on longevity, or in any way diminish one's sense of fun.

I've been tokin' and jokin' since Jesus captained the Jerusalem Wanderers football team, but Father Time won't grapple me to the ground for a good while longer, if I can help it. Still walk miles a day, and bench press well over my body weight.

To dust off a timeless quote, growing old isn't so bad, when one considers the alternative.

DrDee

I turned 70 on Jan 1. Smoking since 1970. Growing since 1980.

Well Happy 70th birthday to you Gladys. I'm an Aquarius so don't hit 70 for a week or so. Been a long strange trip.
JD

PS Judging by your sig comments...you're a gun toting DIYer. After my morning coffee I'm going on the hunt for an old venetian blind! lol