What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal growing in Washington State?

budzlighyear

High there!

I am considering starting my first homegrow in Washington after the recent legalization. I am curious as to the legalities of growing within my home or outside my home in Washington state without a medical card.

I have a small "house plant" growing, but would like to let it see the outdoors so get some occasional sunlight sometime and am concerned about the legalities.
Thank you for any help!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
yep... it's called cultivation... and U will get in trouble if caught...

from the NormL.... site

Cultivation
ANY AMOUNT = felony 5 years jail time and $ 10,000 in fines plus court and lawyer cost...
Within 1000 ft of a school, school bus stop or in a public park, in a public housing project designated as a drug-free zone, in public transportation, and other locations is punishable by double fines and imprisonment.

I502 has nothing to do with personal growing... it's still illegal with out a medical card...
and even that has been a struggle as of late...phucking bureaucratic fucktards in OLy...

leave Medical alone.... let REC fuck up things all on it's own.....

W

wegobigupnorth

Such bullshit that they do not allow recreational home growing. In most places it is legal to produce your own booze as long as you do not sell it, weed needs to be like that although ideally it could be sold totally freely as well

budzlighyear

Holy shit!

ANY AMOUNT = felony 5 years jail time and $ 10,000 in fines plus court and lawyer cost...
Within 1000 ft of a school, school bus stop

This just got so serious...
I totally live by a school bus stop.

Wah wah wee wah!
Thank you for your info!
What are the medical regulations?

snake11

The percentage of our population that is behind bars for this plant is ridiculous. Yet we let murders and rapist walk with less then 5 years. 1 cannabis plant and it is 5 years??? Disgusting.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
medical is currently able to grow 15 plants and posses up to 24 ounces of cannabis...
Inslee just signed a bill into effect cutting all that to shitt... see
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=305327

trying to force a state wide registry to qualify for medical.... thus giving them tax exempt status and having all patients purchases there medicine thru ! 502 state licensed stores....
also cutting the home growing back to only 6 plants and a 3 ounce limit on product
there is already petitions out to fight this.... see :https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=306332

for more info see NormL...
http://norml.org/laws/item/washington-penalties-2
http://norml.org/legal/item/washington-medical-marijuana

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
So basically its the same penalty as we have dealt with forever on the East coast. Damn that's pretty hypocritical to jail someone for something that's "legal". Best grab yer soap boxes and wig the fuck out!! How does this shit happen? Sucks to hear that, Washington folk, hope that gets sorted out.

Best of luck!

snake11

So basically its the same penalty as we have dealt with forever on the East coast. Damn that's pretty hypocritical to jail someone for something that's "legal". Best grab yer soap boxes and wig the fuck out!! How does this shit happen? Sucks to hear that, Washington folk, hope that gets sorted out.

Best of luck!

It's getting worse and worse each day at the medical patients expense. Washington state should be embarrassed the way they are treating their citizens.

geneva_sativa

if WA crushes the medical community, the state will have much cause for regret, and the consequences of their injustice will be severe and long lasting.

they think a state can thrive while causing grief to sick people ??!!!

Such bullshit that they do not allow recreational home growing. In most places it is legal to produce your own booze as long as you do not sell it, weed needs to be like that although ideally it could be sold totally freely as well

If by "booze" you mean whiskey or vodka etc. then "most places" would not include any place in the United States.

It's getting worse and worse each day at the medical patients expense. Washington state should be embarrassed the way they are treating their citizens.

Yes they should be!

Unfortunately they are about as embarrassed as the schoolyard bully that steals lunch money from the kid on crutches...

Personally, I am becoming embarrassed to admit that I am from Washington...

W

WeetisPotPie

This is what happens when the government gets involved. Legalization requires the government to be involved. Decriminalization on the other hand is done in one fell swoop. But why would they do that when they can control MJ with legalization. Control is the name of the game. And once the state becomes your competition, well good luck. Ask the old moon shiners down south. Grew up on the east side of LW, smoked some of the best weed growing up in the 80's in WA.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
It is amazing to me how many people did not know this bill didn't allow home/personal cultivation. I can't tell you how many people I had to inform myself, and how many people got literally angry when I tried to inform them and they did not believe. Colorado benefited greatly financially from their endeavor, but to be honest WA screwed themselves. Folks were just itching for legalization and I understand but...Hopefully the bills will be amended in a positive way soon.

EvergreenState

They amend it after it gets passed. Amended by the government that is. As I've told many, many people the state of Washington helped write this bill that got voted on by the people and their SOLE intention in the way it was written and the language that was used was to raise revenue. The person who had the largest input was a state legislator who stated and I quote, " I was tired of seeing good programs shut down and people lose their jobs because of revenue short falls and we saw marijuana legalization and taxation as a way to remedy that situation." She was also recently quoted as saying, " I see the marijuana medical community as our biggest market."
They don't care that most medical patients are low income, they are sick and many can't work or can work very little. What money they do have she wants for her pet programs. She sees marijuana as a way to pay for programs she likes. As I've also told people the state will ruthlessly defend it's new monopoly cash cow. I told them, "What do you think the state is just going sit by and let you compete with them and take money from them? Are you fuckin' crazy? Wake the fuck up."
All I heard was that we need legalization and we will fix it later. We'll it's later and it's gotten worse much worse. All you people out there excited about legalization for your state better make sure you are getting what you want up front because once the state sets up a big system to take it's big cut and then if they catch you growing, they will consider it as stealing from them and they will deal with you very harshly. People didn't believe me before and now they realize, they should have already known it's so fuckin' obvious, if the state gets it's greedy little paws on a big revenue source they will protect it like a pit bull protects a steak bone. Believe it. Legalization can be just as bad on growers as it has always been. If you're not a grower and don't mind paying idiotic rip off prices for pot, then knock yourself out. Be a stooge, you'll fit right in with the majority. I went by this pot store the other day and saw a bunch of people waiting outside for the store to open up and I thought to myself, it's like standing in line to get a cattle prod shoved up your butt. Some people like that shit I guess.
If you are a grower you'd better get heavily involved in the legalization effort in your state because if you don't the state will make sure you don't compete with them. They don't even care if you are not selling it. If you are not buying it from them then you are the enemy and they will fuck you up.
This is a fight for your rights and if you give the state any power they will beat you over the head with it. They have all the power and many many ways to use it. Don't let them get their foot in the door because once in they will stomp on you with that foot. We growers in Washington are totally fucked now. The only thing we can do now is move; it's over here and we lost.